+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To visit family and/or friends v. Tourism

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We dont wanna complicate it plus i dont have plans to move now i just wanna accompany her for 11 days to make it easier for her and go back to Australia as my course gets over in August 2020 only
Just like your wife, you can go for short landing. You don't have to move now. You can accompany her for the 11 days and go back to Australia.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you have a good chance of being approved of a TRV. Although there is no assurance to all applications, you having a return ticket shows your intention of leaving Canada. Thus, you have a big chance of getting approved.
Having a return ticket does not always shows the intention of leaving Canada. Why do you say he has big chance of getting approved?

ange1o

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Having a return ticket does not always shows the intention of leaving Canada. Why do you say he has big chance of getting approved?
A return ticket shows intention of leaving Canada. The issue is whether or not the immigration officer is convinced of that intention.

Nawal malik

Dec 29, 2019
Hi i applied for my mother and my younger sisters visit visa application and it got refused for the third time. I am here on study visa and have grand parents here who are citizen but still visa keeps on getting refused.
In first two attempts
The reason was that i am satisfied you will leave canada by the end of your stay based on purpose of visit and specified length of stay.
But this time i drafted a cover letter pointing out those reasons, still got rejected due to the reason stating not sure you will leave the country by the end of stay based on your family ties in canada and back home
Based on your personal assets and current financial situation. ( even though i submitted all bank statements and showed that my dad will be Taking care of all trip expenses). Based on employment prospects in my country even though i don’t work have and have never worked before or plan on to work in future
Please any body help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A return ticket shows intention of leaving Canada. The issue is whether or not the immigration officer is convinced of that intention.
Most times, they were not convinced. As a result, people like you would waste a flight ticket along the visa fees.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi i applied for my mother and my younger sisters visit visa application and it got refused for the third time. I am here on study visa and have grand parents here who are citizen but still visa keeps on getting refused.
In first two attempts
The reason was that i am satisfied you will leave canada by the end of your stay based on purpose of visit and specified length of stay.
But this time i drafted a cover letter pointing out those reasons, still got rejected due to the reason stating not sure you will leave the country by the end of stay based on your family ties in canada and back home
Based on your personal assets and current financial situation. ( even though i submitted all bank statements and showed that my dad will be Taking care of all trip expenses). Based on employment prospects in my country even though i don’t work have and have never worked before or plan on to work in future
Please any body help.
Since your dad will be responsible for all expenses, why wasn't he in the application?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi guys I am a student in Australia and my wife recently received her Canada PR and i am a non-accompanying spouse. Since she wants to do a soft landing and arrange initial stuff like SiN , bank account and all I want to accompany her to help her and and 2-3 days for tourism around toronto we will be staying at my uncles house have his invitation letter also we plan to stay total days in Canada 11 days what are my chances of getting TRV will show my return tickets as well
Depends on the nationality on your passport/travel document. Yes, your uncle can invite you and provide you with documents that can support your application. As an international student in Australia, I do think you have good chance, just remember to get a transcript and verification of enrolment if possible. You plan to travel at the same time, not accompany her based on her new status as a PR, right?

Reactions: ange1o

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do you say most times they were not convinced?
Because I've been long enough in this forum. You can read through all the posts in these thread to see if most people got approved by only showing a flight ticket.

ange1o

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Because I've been long enough in this forum. You can read through all the posts in these thread to see if most people got approved by only showing a flight ticket.
I see. Are these people who were not approved had the same situation like TJVY?

ange1o

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Did you read the posts?
We read through thousands of your posts to different threads and did not find a single person that said they showed a flight ticket only.

So, let me ask you again - What made you say they only showed plane tickets?

Better yet, I’ll make my question specific and simpler for you – What made you think TJVY will show his return ticket only?

Note: It’s okay if you can’t answer the question. No pressure.