+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Leon : Thanks a lot for advice :D I just hav a last question from you

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To Leon : Applying through H & C grounds

Hi Leon,

My degree is from Malaysia the degree is 3 years degree and in Canada they do not accept 3 year degrees rather they accept 4 year degrees for Masters in Canada,

I am basically stuck with my education life in Canada so regarding my education life I am planing to go to Malaysia for my Masters complete it from there and then come to Canada so that is why I thought about doing my PR renewal so basically if I apply for PR renewal through H&C grounds do you think I have a chance ?

What grounds shall I show ? I really want to renew my PR card by September 2012 and get it and complete my studies abroad in Malaysia cause then I will have a Masters degree and I can apply for Masters in Canada after 2 years and also I would like to file my tax return every year while I am abroad and then at the end I will come here and try to get a job even right now I cannot get the availability to apply for a job they do not accept foreign degrees..

Leon what shall I do ?

Hope to get your reply soon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: To Leon : Applying through H & C grounds

turboracer said:
Hi Leon,

My degree is from Malaysia the degree is 3 years degree and in Canada they do not accept 3 year degrees rather they accept 4 year degrees for Masters in Canada,

I am basically stuck with my education life in Canada so regarding my education life I am planing to go to Malaysia for my Masters complete it from there and then come to Canada so that is why I thought about doing my PR renewal so basically if I apply for PR renewal through H&C grounds do you think I have a chance ?

What grounds shall I show ? I really want to renew my PR card by September 2012 and get it and complete my studies abroad in Malaysia cause then I will have a Masters degree and I can apply for Masters in Canada after 2 years and also I would like to file my tax return every year while I am abroad and then at the end I will come here and try to get a job even right now I cannot get the availability to apply for a job they do not accept foreign degrees..

Leon what shall I do ?

Hope to get your reply soon
Education / finishing school is not a strong H&C argument. I think it would be extremely risky to assume you will be able to renew your PR status with an education based H&C argument. Same goes for employment/jobs. This is also seen as a very weak H&C argument.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
turboracer said:
Scylla there is another way for me to apply for H & C grounds that is

My grand mother passed away the time I was away from Canada and my mother was with her to support her so me what shall I do I have her death certificate will I show to the immigration on H&C grounds like me my father mother and brother we could not fill up the 730 days in the 5 year period because of the family crisis period we were then back home will that help us out for H&C grounds ?
Your grandmother's death does not explain why you couldn't meet residency requirements. That's not going to work for H&C.

However if she was sick for a long time and you had to take care of her - that might be work for H&C. To prove this, you will have to provide notes from her doctors confirming her illness.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to live in Canada, complete your studies in Canada, even if it is harder for you, more time consuming and more expensive. It will pay off when you start looking for a job.

Do not count on being granted a PR extension on H/C reasons. Certainly not for education and grandmother is also an iffy excuse. Like scylla said, if you had to take care of your sick grandmother and can prove it, that can be counted as an excuse. However, after she died, you have no excuse.

As for your family, your brother at age 18 could also be in school in Canada. Your parents do not really have any mitigating circumstances for having lost their PR. Your brother however, if he applies for a travel document soon, say after he completes his high school and states that his parents removed him from Canada as a minor and he is now returning at the first available opportunity has a good chance to get a travel document and get his PR reinstated. If he gets a travel document, he should come and stay for at least 2 years solid in order to fully reinstate his PR. Better yet that he stays for 3 and gets citizenship and so should you. Once you have citizenship, nobody will take it away from you again.