+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To land or not to land in covid 19? HELP!!

Babymama

May 13, 2020
Hello everyone,
We (myself, and 3 children + 1 child who was born in Canada let’s not count her. It’s not mandatory for her to travel but she is only 1.5 yr old hence cant leave her behind) got PR status last year and to do landing by 02/06/2020, medical expiring in July 2020. We were planning to go in Easter holidays however that plan didn’t work due to Covid 19. We have waited and waited and are now not sure if we are still required to travel or not. I have received a generic email twice last week saying that people who got PR status before March 2020 shall continue to make travel plans... I have heard so many different opinions with no official advise, I have tried calling, emailing the lot but still no joy. It is an argument between health vs immigration. Surely travelling is difficult alone imagine with 4 kids.. it will give them more exposure to the virus. Where are we supposed to isolate and how? How smooth will it be? Also we didn’t happen to get those medical (immunisation form) filled in - but we have a red book here that covers all their medical history. Is that going to be a problem?

have you guys had to travel?
are you somewhat in the same boat as me? What are your plans?

I am going out of my mind and then this email landed half an hour a go....

I am Uber confused.. help!!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
Effective March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada has imposed restrictions on all travel to Canada by anyone who is not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada. Limited exemptions apply to some foreign nationals. For information on travel to Canada, please visit the Government of Canada page on Travel Advice and Advisories and, in particular, consult the Travel Health Notices. Visit the IRCC page for up-to-date information on special measures put in place by IRCC to help temporary and permanent resident applicants affected by COVID-19.

In order to be admitted into Canada, and in addition to meeting all the usual entry requirements, foreign nationals must satisfy the examining officer that their entry to Canada is for an essential rather than a discretionary purpose. Essential purposes could include, for instance, starting a job in an essential industry in Canada; return to habitual place of residence; beginning an in-person study program; or establishing permanent residence when approval had been confirmed before March 18th 2020. Essential travel may not include reunification with an immediate family member if the non-Canadian’s normal place of residence is not in Canada and there is no urgent need for their presence in Canada at this time. If the condition of essential travel is not clearly met, travellers risk being refused boarding on a plane to Canada or turned back upon arrival at the Canadian port of entry.
If you are travelling to Canada by air, you must be in possession of a non-medical face mask and are subject to health screening measures prior to boarding your flight.

When you arrive in Canada by air or land, we will assess your health before you leave the port of entry. If you’re exempt from the travel restrictions, you must have a plan to quarantine for 14 dayswhen you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you’ll be quarantined in a facility designated by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada. Only people who provide essential services, for example truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods, are exempt from the quarantine requirements.

LIMITED OPERATIONS

The Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in London will be limiting its operations until further notice.

At this time we are not able to respond to questions regarding:

· General information about immigration programs or processes;

· How to make an application online for temporary residence;

· Technical assistance with online applications;

· Expedited processing of non-urgent cases;

· Confirmation of receipt of documents or passports; and

· File status inquiries if we are within processing standards published on our website.

For the most up-to-date case status information, link your application to your online account.

As some Visa Application Centres have closed due to the current situation, we recommend all applicants to submit applications online.

Applications currently accepted at IRCC LONDON:

Please note that we are currently only accepting the following types of applications:

· Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) for individuals who are already permanent residents of Canada and who urgently need to travel to Canada

· Those eligible can email the Canadian visa office in London at LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca for instructions, inserting “H&C” as the first word in the Subject line.

· Please give details as to why your travel is urgent.

APPLICATIONS IN PROGRESS:

If you are unable to complete the next steps for application currently in process:

Do not worry if you are unable to comply with requests for documents or actions from us within stated timeframes. Given the exceptional circumstances created by the COVID-19 situation, we will not refuse applications solely based on inability to comply with a request by a certain date. More time (extensions) will be provided to applicants who need it.

Examples of the next steps include:

· submitting passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate

· completing an immigration medical examination

· providing your biometrics

Important Note: Those applicants whose instruction letters expire on March 16 or later will automatically receive extensions of 90 days from the date of expiry.

As this extension is automatic, please do not write to the visa office to request an extension or to request confirmation. We have insufficient resources available at the present time to respond to this type of inquiry.

International Experience Canada (IEC) Candidates:

If you have applied for the International Experience Canada program and are unwilling or unable to travel to Canada prior to the expiry of your Port of Entry Introduction Letter, please contact us, no sooner than 30 days prior to the expiry of your letter, via our webform. Please ensure to select International Experience Canada as your application type.

Please do not reply to this email, we appreciate your patience and will contact you if additional information is required.

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
If I was you, I would go for it. Especially if your medicals expire in July. Maybe consider staying into a long-term stay hotel, for the first 2-3 weeks (to self-isolate), then start looking online for an apartment or house?

Babymama

May 13, 2020
I am not entirely ready for a move yet. It’s not easy to pack up and just leave, virus or no virus. The max I can spend away is 3 weeks at the moment - adhering to the 14 day isolation period ‍♀
I just want to know what is government official advise here?

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I am not entirely ready for a move yet. It’s not easy to pack up and just leave, virus or no virus. The max I can spend away is 3 weeks at the moment - adhering to the 14 day isolation period ‍♀
I just want to know what is government official advise here?
If you want the official government's advice, your best bet is always to check Canada.ca:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html?topic=tilelink

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
you shouldn't land if you are not ready, especially considering you have a few kids too.

I saw you from the other post. Assume your local visa office is in London if you are British. Just send the local visa office an email, express your concerns and that you are not able to travel. You should receive a reply from them noting this. The UK government said don't go out unless its essential. This travel does NOT count as essential.

I emailed London office in March and received a reply. They were fine with my unwillingness to travel. My COPR expires in 2 days.

Don't worry about it. You will not be rejected because of this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
We (myself, and 3 children + 1 child who was born in Canada let’s not count her. It’s not mandatory for her to travel but she is only 1.5 yr old hence cant leave her behind) got PR status last year and to do landing by 02/06/2020, medical expiring in July 2020. We were planning to go in Easter holidays however that plan didn’t work due to Covid 19. We have waited and waited and are now not sure if we are still required to travel or not. I have received a generic email twice last week saying that people who got PR status before March 2020 shall continue to make travel plans... I have heard so many different opinions with no official advise, I have tried calling, emailing the lot but still no joy. It is an argument between health vs immigration. Surely travelling is difficult alone imagine with 4 kids.. it will give them more exposure to the virus. Where are we supposed to isolate and how? How smooth will it be? Also we didn’t happen to get those medical (immunisation form) filled in - but we have a red book here that covers all their medical history. Is that going to be a problem?

have you guys had to travel?
are you somewhat in the same boat as me? What are your plans?

I am going out of my mind and then this email landed half an hour a go....

I am Uber confused.. help!!

In general people are still travelling from the UK. You will have to get a rental property and receive deliveries for groceries/food for 2 weeks. The levels of covid are actually much lower in Canada than the UK.

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
If i want to write Ircc asking to allow to land...what should I write? Visa expired very soon

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As the current rule, one can never fly if the travel ban is still there (even if wz valid visa). How ever wz a letter consent from ircc, n the visa, u can go
Can you be more specific? AFAIK, there are plenty of people holding ETA, visitor visa, COPR, PR card and Canadian pasport can fly to Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As the current rule, one can never fly if the travel ban is still there (even if wz valid visa). How ever wz a letter consent from ircc, n the visa, u can go
If you are immediate family of canadian citizen or PR, you can travel right now.