Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi guys,

I am sure that this question has been asked 100 times before in here but I need some advice.

My husband currently lives with me in Canada and has been here since Oct.16,2009. We are almost ready to send off our papers for spousal sponsorship and are stumped on if we should apply inland or outland. His issuing Visa office is Rome. He is not planning on leaving Canada at all and I heard that if he is currently here, and has been for some time, he cannot apply outland because he is here. I was told that if we do decide to apply from outside Canada, then he must be outside Canada, unless he is visitng here for a short period of time, say a few weeks or a month at tops on a vacation.

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
angtao said:
He is not planning on leaving Canada at all and I heard that if he is currently here, and has been for some time, he cannot apply outland because he is here. I was told that if we do decide to apply from outside Canada, then he must be outside Canada, unless he is visitng here for a short period of time, say a few weeks or a month at tops on a vacation.
This is incorrect. You always have the right to apply via your own visa office. There is no residency requirement for applying outland, i.e. you could be anywhere in the world when you apply, it does not matter.

However, make sure to still list how long he's been in Canada, where it asks about his activity, addresses, etc. And if he plans to stay, make sure he retains legal status. Also be aware that if he is scheduled for an interview, he'll have to be able to leave Canada to attend it.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Hi guys,

I am sure that this question has been asked 100 times before in here but I need some advice.

My husband currently lives with me in Canada and has been here since Oct.16,2009. We are almost ready to send off our papers for spousal sponsorship and are stumped on if we should apply inland or outland. His issuing Visa office is Rome. He is not planning on leaving Canada at all and I heard that if he is currently here, and has been for some time, he cannot apply outland because he is here. I was told that if we do decide to apply from outside Canada, then he must be outside Canada, unless he is visitng here for a short period of time, say a few weeks or a month at tops on a vacation.

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Read here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg344291#msg344291

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi Baloo,

Thanks for that great info. Did you get that from the CIC website?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The information is from CIC, but Leon is the provider of the summary/explanation.