+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To all settlers, I need advice

Citizenoftheworld

Jun 14, 2020
Dear all,
Dear everyone specially settlers in Canada, I a yet to land in Canada permanently I soft landed last year and will be moving soon for good.
I wanted any advice if there is any, on how to land any job even if casual once I land to avoid unemployment for extended periods of time, until I get something in my field.
I am already a soft landing immigrant, I dont want unemployment as well to harm my citizenship application if this is reasonable at all.

Please any advice or recommendations to something that counts as a full time job are welcomed and appreciated

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Hi, depends really on your field and expertise if you can land a job. It's. It is not a only answer fits all. You can designate a period say first quarter (feb-april) which would correspond to the period when the industry you work in hires the most. Come to Canada try to get a job. Also most provinces have job search help programs you can use these for your job search. All the best

Citizenoftheworld

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, depends really on your field and expertise if you can land a job. It's. It is not a only answer fits all. You can designate a period say first quarter (feb-april) which would correspond to the period when the industry you work in hires the most. Come to Canada try to get a job. Also most provinces have job search help programs you can use these for your job search. All the best
Thanks a lot, I know it would take some time i order to land something in my field, but I was wondering about organisations with casual work to gain experience and also to get by

Citizenoftheworld

Jun 14, 2020
Why do you think being unemployed would harm citizenship application?
thank you steaky for taking the time to comment on my post, I dont really know, iam not experienced at all but the forum is full of experiences about people saying that and others advising against staying unemployed for a while (as if its by choice).

I honestly dont know and would want someone to shed light on it but just in case I want to avoid the hassle entirely

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you steaky for taking the time to comment on my post, I dont really know, iam not experienced at all but the forum is full of experiences about people saying that and others advising against staying unemployed for a while (as if its by choice).

I honestly dont know and would want someone to shed light on it but just in case I want to avoid the hassle entirely
Can you show me some post of such experiences?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read PMM 's response (the first comment in the thread below). .... as long as you meet the residency requirements for citizenship, it doesn't matter if you are unemployed, on social assistance to be granted citizenship.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/unemployed-during-stay-in-canada-will-they-still-grant-citizenship-or-renewal.637591/

Read second comment too.

Ohcanada!!

Jun 12, 2020
Read PMM 's response (the first comment in the thread below). .... as long as you meet the residency requirements for citizenship, it doesn't matter if you are unemployed, on social assistance to be granted citizenship.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/unemployed-during-stay-in-canada-will-they-still-grant-citizenship-or-renewal.637591/

Read second comment too.
I agree and of course your comment and PMMs os more informed than mine.
But from what applicants suggest or some of those unemployed at least say that its a hardship, it isnt needed for the applicantion but it passes through bumps thats what I meant

Citizenoftheworld

Jun 14, 2020

Read second comment too.
Yes steaky as the other member pointed out what I meant is making it difficult or causing it to be delayed not that its a requirement per se

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
Dear all,
Dear everyone specially settlers in Canada, I a yet to land in Canada permanently I soft landed last year and will be moving soon for good.
I wanted any advice if there is any, on how to land any job even if casual once I land to avoid unemployment for extended periods of time, until I get something in my field.
I am already a soft landing immigrant, I dont want unemployment as well to harm my citizenship application if this is reasonable at all.

Please any advice or recommendations to something that counts as a full time job are welcomed and appreciated
Can you provide any information on your education and employment profile in your home country? Since this is such an open ended question, you need to provide more information for people to give you ideas/advice on job prospects. Also, what about your Canadian drivers license? Do you have access to a car in Canada for uber type jobs? What province are you settling in ?
Many people take some vocational or college classes locally while they are doing temporary jobs. So think about that possibility as well. There are also lot of programs sponsored by Canadian government that help you with job search and resume critique.
Good luck in your job search !

Citizenoftheworld

Jun 14, 2020
Can you provide any information on your education and employment profile in your home country? Since this is such an open ended question, you need to provide more information for people to give you ideas/advice on job prospects. Also, what about your Canadian drivers license? Do you have access to a car in Canada for uber type jobs? What province are you settling in ?
Many people take some vocational or college classes locally while they are doing temporary jobs. So think about that possibility as well. There are also lot of programs sponsored by Canadian government that help you with job search and resume critique.
Good luck in your job search !
Hey, thanks for replying, yes of course I can share that.
I am an electrical engineer with a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and Masters in Business Administration. I have around 4 years of experience between oil and gas and construction field experience (i graduated in 2015 only).
My liscence could be easily transferred to the Canadian liscence (with no tests just swap) and I can get a car no problem.
And about college courses or vocational courses while doing temporary jobs, i am open to doing that but what I am asking about is more info about what temp jobs hire fast and more importantly what temp jobs are considered legit and pay in form of traceable paycheck and not cash, because i have seen many cases in cash.
I am landing and I dont want to spend a lot from my savings and at the same time engage in emoloyment and be productive from the get go.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey, thanks for replying, yes of course I can share that.
I am an electrical engineer with a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and Masters in Business Administration. I have around 4 years of experience between oil and gas and construction field experience (i graduated in 2015 only).
My liscence could be easily transferred to the Canadian liscence (with no tests just swap) and I can get a car no problem.
And about college courses or vocational courses while doing temporary jobs, i am open to doing that but what I am asking about is more info about what temp jobs hire fast and more importantly what temp jobs are considered legit and pay in form of traceable paycheck and not cash, because i have seen many cases in cash.
I am landing and I dont want to spend a lot from my savings and at the same time engage in emoloyment and be productive from the get go.
Would warn you that the oil and gas sector is a really tough industry to find enployment in

Citizenoftheworld

Jun 14, 2020
Would warn you that the oil and gas sector is a really tough industry to find enployment in
Canuck thanks for your insight, i know that and actually i am not interested in it at all had my share form this experience. I would love to go back to construction or change career entirely

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
If you have not already, take advantage of the pre arrival services ( not sure if they accept people the already did soft landing). They will help you already work on your CV, LinkedIn profile, letter etc. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/prepare-work/look-jobs.html

Check Indeed and other sites and apply for a job already. Try to contact people on LinkedIn if you have any connection with them if they are in Canada so they can let you know about job openings

And once you arrive, go to an employment agency near you and let them know you're open to any job. Good luck!