20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ad rasheed said:
so which form she will fill? the one for visitor visa? and is there an option of TD visa in that form?
She has to complete the DS-160 online and there is an option in the application to choose TD visa.

Does your wife have a Canadian TRV? If she does, she can send the application to US consulate or embassy in Canada instead of her home country. She can apply for it before going to her home country.

If not, she would have to get her visa at her home country.

Screech339

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I spoke to my prospect employer and with their us immigrant lawyer according what they said TN visa a year then they will sponsor/process for us green card that was back 2011. I didn't go because I am sponsoring parents, sis and bro. I am aware that TN can't apply for green card that is why I inquired to them. I still have option when time comes tn or h1b.

Andy

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
andy_7830 said:
I spoke to my prospect employer and with their us immigrant lawyer according what they said TN visa a year then they will sponsor/process for us green card that was back 2011. I didn't go because I am sponsoring parents, sis and bro. I am aware that TN can't apply for green card that is why I inquired to them. I still have option when time comes tn or h1b.

Andy
If you want to apply for green card in US, you must be on H1-B visa first. H1-B is a dual intent visa. TN visa is not.

I know this as I inquired about getting green card through work while I was on TN visa. Immigration lawyer at work told me that I have to be on H1-B visa first in order to take next step for green card.

I decided not to go through with it considering that my work employer would have to prove that Americans cannot qualify or didn't apply for my job. It will be a fruitless effort considering 3 other americans were laid off before I quit to move back. The moment these former workers apply for my position, I am out of luck. No green card.

I wasn't going to take any chances to waste my time in US waiting for Green card in limbo only to find out that I can't get it.

Screech339

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
what is TRV? temp. resident visa? only i am Canadian citizen,and i am planning to apply for her sponsorship. my wife was studying in Montreal before our marriage last year she was a graduate student at Concordia university she studied for one year but now she is with me In US. she applied for US visit visa from Montreal US embassy. but her study permit and Canada visa is expired now.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ad rasheed said:
what is TRV? temp. resident visa? only i am Canadian citizen,and i am planning to apply for her sponsorship. my wife was studying in Montreal before our marriage last year she was a graduate student at Concordia university she studied for one year but now she is with me In US. she applied for US visit visa from Montreal US embassy. but her study permit and Canada visa is expired now.
TRV is a temporary resident visa. Basically a Canadian Visa.

Since her canada visa has expired, she cannot enter Canada and go to US embassy in Canada to apply for TD visa. She has no choice but to apply for it in her home country.

It is another factor in moving back to Canada. I wanted her to be able to enter Canada before her 5 year visa expires. Otherwise she would have to apply for a new canada visa at a canadian embassy in US. More hassle to do paperwork again especially if I have to do more paperwork for PR.

Screech339

nesa143

Sep 28, 2018
Hi, Can anyone please tell me how much time does it take to get Td visa stamp after the interview?
Thanks in advance for your help