+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tired of waiting? I have an idea…but we have to do it together!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I think ALL of us on here waiting should send our complaints about the wait into the various media outlets. If enough of us do so, the more places who pick up the story, the bigger the outcry, the more attention that comes to this issue, the better chance of things getting moving quicker! As they say…the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

I could write and post here a standard letter, which can easily be edited to add as much, or as little of your own dates, info & story.

And then I would post up some email addresses and post addresses for various media outlets.

If you don’t want your name associated with it for fear of being flagged by immigration, send it anonymous. Make a free Hotmail or gmail account for 1 time use, and send it from a public computer at the Library if you want. SnailMail it in with no return address. It’s up to you.

Even those of you who have already rec’d your AIPs & DMs, if you have the time and inclination to repeat your story and what effect the long wait times had on you….

Anyways, that’s my idea…Would anyone be with me on this?? If so I will post a Standard Letter and the addresses later on.

If you don’t feel it’s a good idea let me know why not too, because I would be interested to hear.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Re: Tired of waiting? I have an idea...but we have to do it together!

You're only ONE month in, with an "inland" application i.e. not separated, and YOU are tired already!? In a hurry to leave Canada are ya?? Just calling it as I see it brother.

I might expect to see your post from an 18 month old app.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014

truesmile said:
You're only ONE month in, with an "inland" application i.e. not separated, and YOU are tired already!? In a hurry to leave Canada are ya?? Just calling it as I see it brother.

Well….there is a useful response/contribution. ::)

I am not just talking about ME. I'm not selfish like that actually...but you don't know me, so I’ll let it go. Lol

I know exactly how far in I am, and that I am not separated from my husband….but thanks for noticing!

I came up with this idea as even a small way to help EVERYONE going thru the process.

And no I am not actually tired of waiting yet, I am fully prepared that our Application will take over 2 years most likely.

I’m not in a hurry to go anywhere, why would you think that? I am born and raised here. This is my home. My husband and I have spent many years travelling thru Europe, Central America & the Caribbean, and we have a small son now, so we are most definitely not in a hurry to leave Canada.

There are 10,000’s of ppl who have been waiting and struggling for months due to only being able to have 1 of the family working, and even worse those who have to apply outland and cannot be with their spouse. THAT is the issue that I think needs to be addressed, and brought more often to the public’s attention. Hence my suggestion.

If only a few ppl contact the media with their experiences, yes, they will do small stories here and there.

But if ALL of us on this forum joined together and ALL contact multiple media outlets, I believe it WOULD make some difference for EVERYONE.

Not limiting it to ppl who have already finished the process, who just started it, who are going through it Inland or Outland. I don’t discriminate.

Sorry if my response to you is uncharacteristically harsh, however I feel that your reply was unnecessarily judgmental and missed the point of what I had originally said. I am not just trying to find a way to help myself, it is for EVERYONE going thru this struggle of immigration.

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013

ACS said:
Sorry if my response to you is uncharacteristically harsh, however I feel that your reply was unnecessarily judgmental and missed the point of what I had originally said. I am not just trying to find a way to help myself, it is for EVERYONE going thru this struggle of immigration.
You are a lot nicer than I would have been responding to 'that' post.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The only comment I will make is that you need to consider your objective and timing.

Is your objective to get the strike resolved to improve processing times? Or is your objective to improve processing times as a whole independent of the strike?

If it's the former, then I would go ahead with your plan now and mention the strike specifically.

If it's the latter, then I would wait until the strike is over to launch a campaign. Otherwise I think that any media attention this may get could end up being a "look what the strike is doing" message rather than "we have a general processing problem" message.

Nell1236

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 3, 2013
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013

ACS seems to be a team player and in theory it would be a good idea if the initiative were by sponsors and useful if about the refusal of the government to sit down and negotiate without imposing conditions.

I suspect people are worried about being flagged, though that suggests the system is corrupt. Can they, do they, flag people for free speech and being unhappy about an impasse in the strike? If so, why would we want to live in such a place?

It would be a nice thing if you could post media outlets or addresses of relevant journalists (if it's allowed here) to contact them individually, but in sufficient numbers to get the point across.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015

I haven't even sent my application yet and I am down for this. I would do it anonymously because I would be horrified if they ended up flagging my application and making us wait longer or putting my husband through harsh interviews. but nonetheless I would write letters. I already wrote an e-mail to my MP and asked my family members to do the same but I agree that this needs to be in the media.

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013

This is the second or third thread on this forum suggesting that we, the vulgar majority, can make a difference. I don't know what other people have been doing, but I've been carpetbombing the media, PMs, MPs and countless politicians with my questions, complaints and imploring both sides to negotiate.

Most of the time, you get form letters insincerely apologizing for the holdup. I think Tony Clement's response was by far the most offensive and insulting: It came to my inbox in the form of a pdf with the title 'visa'. I opened the pdf and it was just a scan of a nothing statement saying that the conservative govt is trying it's hardest to resolve the issue, signed Tony. Sometimes, MPs will write sincere and personal responses though I think they are more or less powerless in this matter. My MP stopped responding to my queries leading me to believe he can do nothing more, and he is well aware my father voluntarily campaigned for him in last election. That is why I think the whole MP connection is not very useful for people in our situation.

I don't want to rain on your parade but I think the letter writing and e-mail noise has only served to make myself feel better and now I can say that 'at least I did something'. Truthfully, it doesn't make any difference at all. Clement and co have really dug their jackboot heels in on this issue and I wouldn't expect the union to fold for a long time to come. The cons know they have the union by the short and curlies, seeing as the average Canadian not involved in a sponsorship case does not care and would probably even prefer less new immigrants anyways. The best thing we can do as Canadians is to turf these panda fondling, Thatcheresque oil monkeys in 2015.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015

gongdi said:
The best thing we can do as Canadians is to turf these panda fondling, Thatcheresque oil monkeys in 2015.
Sure, but from the looks of things I might now even be in Canada by then. lol

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014

I think its a good idea as the strike is really not getting the attention it should receive as a Union usually receives in Canada and Harper is to afraid to sit down with anyone at the moment. Like before he got elected I thought this man was either dumb or stupid. Then the next day after he got elected I thought wow this man is smart but obviously he had his own agenda and he ran it to the ground now he is in hiding.

I think this idea is great but in the long run many Canadian are already thinking too many are coming into Canada. I don't think it will change the mind of a Visa Officer as they do as they want whether approve or disapprove entry because at the end of the day they go home and start all over the next day saying oh hum another day at the office!!

yamayama

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad now in New Delhi since Feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7, September, 2012
AOR Received.
17, October, 2012
File Transfer...
17, October, 2012
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
11, June, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 30, 2014

ACS said:
I think ALL of us on here waiting should send our complaints about the wait into the various media outlets. If enough of us do so, the more places who pick up the story, the bigger the outcry, the more attention that comes to this issue, the better chance of things getting moving quicker! As they say...the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

I could write and post here a standard letter, which can easily be edited to add as much, or as little of your own dates, info & story.

And then I would post up some email addresses and post addresses for various media outlets.

If you don't want your name associated with it for fear of being flagged by immigration, send it anonymous. Make a free Hotmail or gmail account for 1 time use, and send it from a public computer at the Library if you want. SnailMail it in with no return address. It's up to you.

Even those of you who have already rec'd your AIPs & DMs, if you have the time and inclination to repeat your story and what effect the long wait times had on you....

Anyways, that's my idea...Would anyone be with me on this?? If so I will post a Standard Letter and the addresses later on.

If you don't feel it's a good idea let me know why not too, because I would be interested to hear.
I am with you buddy, you are right if people are saying that you have just applied as u said what about the other thousand people's and also I will try to get more people as well.

cris8298

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Burlington, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 16, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2013
LANDED..........
December 15, 2013

truesmile said:

got that right.. ;D

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014

cris8298 said:
got that right.. ;D
Actually he's got that 100% wrong. Did you bother to read my reply to that nonsense post of his? Or was it slightly too advanced or over your head??......

But thanks for your intellectual and enlightening contribution to this thread ???

Now...onto the actual intelligent replies....lol ::)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014

DaveSav said:
You are a lot nicer than I would have been responding to 'that' post.
I try to keep in mind that most everyone on here is in a stressful situation, and hiding behind a screen on a msg board is a good place to vent passive aggressive frustrations…so I don’t take it too personally. lol

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014

scylla said:
The only comment I will make is that you need to consider your objective and timing.

Is your objective to get the strike resolved to improve processing times? Or is your objective to improve processing times as a whole independent of the strike?

If it's the former, then I would go ahead with your plan now and mention the strike specifically.

If it's the latter, then I would wait until the strike is over to launch a campaign. Otherwise I think that any media attention this may get could end up being a "look what the strike is doing" message rather than "we have a general processing problem" message.
Thanks to everyone for the comments and contributions made.

I’m sorry I didn’t post the letter and addresses last night. Being that my husband can’t work yet, and I’m working 2 jobs, things get pretty hectic at times!

Scylla made a very good point, and I’d like to hear other ppl’s feed back on what Scylla brought up. At the same time that we want to bring attention to speeding up the process, we don’t really want to HELP the strike, because those are the very ppl that are slowing everyone down!