Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
As a lot of applicants is finding difficulties to link their app to MyCIC account, I've made some suggestions based on those who successfully linked their app to their online account. Although this is focused on PGP applications, it may work for other applications as well.

MyCIC Account (CIC Online Account):
"MyCIC (Online Account) is another CIC portal to check the status of your PGP app and receive messages. It's different from E-Cas as it has more details on app status, real-time updates, client communication capabilities of uploading required docs and receiving CIC messages. It requires GCKey or Sign-In Partner login credentials which you can freely have by registering first. It's preferred that you create an account under Principal Applicant's (PA) name.

Once you have an account, you can try linking your existing PGP app with your account. This is very tricky as you need to populate an entire online form with PA's info. In most cases, everything has to match exactly the way you filled the original app. Moreover, you get only 5 attempts a day to find your app in the system. Note that, once you successfully link your PGP app with your account, you may only receive CIC messages here and may not receive any email in future.

Tips (tips are mostly taken from forum members):
1) After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
2) There are 4 different combinations you can select in app details. You can try all combo, but I would recommend App No. & Family Name.
3) Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
4) In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
5) Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
6) The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. You can also try leaving the field blank.
7) As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. So, have patience and good luck!!!

Relevant Links:
1) MyCIC login page
2) How to link app to MyCIC
3) CIC stated reasons for failure to link app to MyCIC
4) How to view messages in MyCIC account

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it true that if one's using an agent/lawyer the app can't be linked?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kuskus said:
That's what I heard from this forum, but not entirely sure.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuskus said:
I don't think so. I have sponsored my parents and at the same time I am their representative. I have successfully linked my parents application to their MyCIC account.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
That's what I heard from this forum, but not entirely sure.
This was one of the reasons given me by IRCC as to why I may not be able to link my application. Only the representative will be able to view the process through a paid portal.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
kuskus said:
This was one of the reasons given me by IRCC as to why I may not be able to link my application. Only the representative will be able to view the process through a paid portal.
I am my wife's representative. I was able to link her account. I then helped her create an account, and linked her to her application -- it did break the link to my account, but she can see it fine.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Well if the sponsor is the rep, it shouldn't be a problem. But when you have a legal rep, then it may create a problem.

It's the best idea to open an account under the principal applicant's name.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
I am my wife's representative. I was able to link her account. I then helped her create an account, and linked her to her application -- it did break the link to my account, but she can see it fine.
Well, I've tried every possible combination of info to link, still no success; we have a lawyer representing with the application.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
scorpion_ca said:
I don't think so. I have sponsored my parents and at the same time I am their representative. I have successfully linked my parents application to their MyCIC account.
I understood that if you are hired representative in this case you cant link it

Sonhar

Jul 15, 2017
Canada
As a lot of applicants is finding difficulties to link their app to MyCIC account, I've made some suggestions based on those who successfully linked their app to their online account. Although this is focused on PGP applications, it may work for other applications as well.

MyCIC Account (CIC Online Account):
"MyCIC (Online Account) is another CIC portal to check the status of your PGP app and receive messages. It's different from E-Cas as it has more details on app status, real-time updates, client communication capabilities of uploading required docs and receiving CIC messages. It requires GCKey or Sign-In Partner login credentials which you can freely have by registering first. It's preferred that you create an account under Principal Applicant's (PA) name.

Once you have an account, you can try linking your existing PGP app with your account. This is very tricky as you need to populate an entire online form with PA's info. In most cases, everything has to match exactly the way you filled the original app. Moreover, you get only 5 attempts a day to find your app in the system. Note that, once you successfully link your PGP app with your account, you may only receive CIC messages here and may not receive any email in future.

Tips (tips are mostly taken from forum members):
1) After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
2) There are 4 different combinations you can select in app details. You can try all combo, but I would recommend App No. & Family Name.
3) Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
4) In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
5) Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
6) The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. You can also try leaving the field blank.
7) As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. So, have patience and good luck!!!

Relevant Links:
1) MyCIC login page
2) How to link app to MyCIC
3) CIC stated reasons for failure to link app to MyCIC
4) How to view messages in MyCIC account
I have been trying to link my mom’s application to my account for so long but was unsuccessful.
Today, I tried again after reading your instructions about number of family members and it worked. Thanks a lot

Reactions: Rossei

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Tried with the steps above. It worked this time given the fact that Number of Family Members is tricky. Here's how:
Me as a Sponsor for both of my parents with wife and one kid would be 5. However, I tried with all the combinations but 4 came out to be the correct number. Hope this info is useful for many. Good luck! :)

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Tried with the steps above. It worked this time given the fact that Number of Family Members is tricky. Here's how:
Me as a Sponsor for both of my parents with wife and one kid would be 5. However, I tried with all the combinations but 4 came out to be the correct number. Hope this info is useful for many. Good luck! :)
that's a typical trick. you count yourself and co-sponsor and parents but not the kid... some how.

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
Which option did you choose. I have received AOR but i cannot link the application to my account.

aathar

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still cannot link my application. I received the Sponsorship eligibility letter but not any AOR. I have tried all combinations too