+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for a successful BOWP application

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
neevan said:
Hello Guys, I have a quick question, can someone help me out

I have applied for BOWP in Feb and looks like current processing time is 97 days so, i am expecting atleast end of may

Is there any way we can apply online now, with an explanation letter to officer to use same payment receipt which is used in Paper application? Online Process is pretty faster and its 10 days even though website says 37 days
Hey! Did you apply for a BOWP using the paper form application (i.e. apply by mail)? I'm so confused which is the right form to use to apply for a BOWP- can you kindly advise which form you used to apply for a BOWP? I'm planning to apply using the paper form :) Thank you!

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
rohangk said:
I applied online and application is submitted only after successful online payment.
So if you are paying thru bank i guess The same applies, i.e payment first processing afterwards.
So payment will processed when application is received.
Hi Rohan,
I just have qustion regarding BOWP online application. What all forms did you attach or you were asked to attach on your MYCIC account? I am getting messed up with eligibility criteria questionaire.

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
Hammer said:
Hi Rohan,
I just have qustion regarding BOWP online application. What all forms did you attach or you were asked to attach on your MYCIC account? I am getting messed up with eligibility criteria questionaire.
Well i applied for My+Spouse 2nd BOWP,SOWP on Jan 4th 2016. All the forms required are shown and are available for download after the questionnaire. You also get a temporary code valid for 60 days which is to be used when you login into MyCic while submitting the application.

Both times I had to upload:

1) IMM5710E for Me
2) IMM5710E for Spouse
3) IMM5713E (Authorizing me to apply on my spouse's behalf on My Cic account)
4) My Passport copy ( including all pages with stamps etc)
5) Spouse's Passport copy ( including all pages with stamps etc)
6) Marriage Certificate copy
7) My Scanned Photo ( No photo requested for my spouse)

( In Addition to this there is an option to Upload 'Explanation Letter' for both Me and My Spouse.
In that in Attached Letter Explaining My/Spouse's current status, WP no, PR appln details + AOR Email + Previous BOWP copy+ IMM5710E extra page as the space under employment details wasnt sufficient for my spouse.
This has to be merged into a single PDF/DOC file. )

8 ) Explanation Letter for Me
9 ) Explanation Letter for Spouse

Pay requested fee after uploading files online.

jay80

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2015
Nomination.....
december 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
File Transfer...
june 2016
Med's Request
may 2015/ june 2016
Med's Done....
may 2015/ june 2016
Passport Req..
september 2016
VISA ISSUED...
october 2016 received
LANDED..........
landing before December
good daY!

i have applied for BOWP. do i need an offer of employment and do my old employer need to pay employer compliance fee? my AOR and Provincial Nominee certificate from my PR application indicates no restriction for a specific employer that is why i applied for BOWP.

thanks in advance.

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
jay80 said:
good daY!

i have applied for BOWP. do i need an offer of employment and do my old employer need to pay employer compliance fee? my AOR and Provincial Nominee certificate from my PR application indicates no restriction for a specific employer that is why i applied for BOWP.

thanks in advance.
BOWP is an open work permit. You dont need to be employed or have offer to apply for it. Only requirement is that you have AOR ,if PR applied before 1st Jan 2015 thru old process, Not sure about Express Entry PR application, but i guess should be similar.
You can remain unemployed with BOWP.

Note: for renewing OHIP you need proof of employment ..unless there is a Remark in BOWP - "APR Approved", in which case employment proof is not needed.
Usually the BOWP has a remark "APR Pending"

jay80

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2015
Nomination.....
december 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
File Transfer...
june 2016
Med's Request
may 2015/ june 2016
Med's Done....
may 2015/ june 2016
Passport Req..
september 2016
VISA ISSUED...
october 2016 received
LANDED..........
landing before December
rohangk said:
BOWP is an open work permit. You dont need to be employed or have offer to apply for it. Only requirement is that you have AOR ,if PR applied before 1st Jan 2015 thru old process, Not sure about Express Entry PR application, but i guess should be similar.
You can remain unemployed with BOWP.

Note: for renewing OHIP you need proof of employment ..unless there is a Remark in BOWP - "APR Approved", in which case employment proof is not needed.
Usually the BOWP has a remark "APR Pending"
Thanks rohan, That is one reason why i personally continued my BOWP application without the job offer of current employer who had sponsored my PNP nomination. It is my PR application representative who mentioned about job offer and employer compliance fee as they are suggesting to accommodate and represent me on my Work permit application. It has confused me of the details on the email they've sent me.

here is the email:

Since you have an approved AINP Nomination but are currently still awaiting your Permanent Residence we would like to offer our services for the extension of your Work Permit which will be expiring on >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Since a requirement for the extension of your work permit is a signed employment contract between yourself and your employer if your employer does not agree to the extension of your work permit/does not sign the employment contract we will not be able to proceed with submission. All fees collected would be non-refundable with the exception of the Govt Processing Fee should the application not be submitted to CIC for any reason.
Note: Employer Compliance Fee-New Requirement as of February 21, 2015 for LMIA exempt workers submitting an Employer Specific Work Permit
Paid by Employer $230 / worker
Also required to submit additional information to the Govt about their business or organization
Without the completion of this requirement we will not be able to proceed with the Work Permit Submission

Our fees are as follows:
Mercan Work Permit Renewal Service Fee
Extension $450 / worker
Rushed Processing $500/ worker (if there is 1 month or less for processing)
Courier $100/worker (only applicable should an incomplete application being submitted require additional expenses—(ie deficient LMIA, renewed passport, etc)
Government Processing Fee
Work Permit $ 155 / worker
Open Work Permit $100 / worker (additional if OWP application is submitted)—New Requirement as of February 21, 2015
If an OWP is submitted the Employer Compliance Fee would not apply

Once we have received your confirmation an invoice will be sent forward and upon receipt of payment we will proceed with processing. If you will not be requiring our services please let me know so that we may update our records.

canadafav07

Jun 17, 2016
Hello all, I am currently in critical situation and I am bit tensed. Could any of you please help guide for BOWP? Thank you.

I have applied for PR processing (FSW) through Express Entry and my eligibility is met and R10 ok. I am currently in Canada on closed WP. My WP will expire shortly (approx 2 weeks) and I need to apply for bridging WP in CIC online. I cannot apply for closed WP extension and my company doesnt encourage PR processing. So, i need to apply for BOWP through CIC online.

1. How to apply for BOWP through online. Could you please help step by step procedure on how to apply through online for BOWP?
2. Documents / Forms required for BOWP processing online.
3. I assume i can apply online. Or, should i apply through paper application? Please guide.

Thank you for your help on this subject.

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
canadafav07 said:
Hello all, I am currently in critical situation and I am bit tensed. Could any of you please help guide for BOWP? Thank you.

I have applied for PR processing (FSW) through Express Entry and my eligibility is met and R10 ok. I am currently in Canada on closed WP. My WP will expire shortly (approx 2 weeks) and I need to apply for bridging WP in CIC online. I cannot apply for closed WP extension and my company doesnt encourage PR processing. So, i need to apply for BOWP through CIC online.

1. How to apply for BOWP through online. Could you please help step by step procedure on how to apply through online for BOWP?
2. Documents / Forms required for BOWP processing online.
3. I assume i can apply online. Or, should i apply through paper application? Please guide.

Thank you for your help on this subject.
I suggest online application as it is faster and easier ( if you have a scanner). I have posted the documents needed couple of posts before this one. As to How to apply.
1) you need to fill the eligibility questionnaire:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
questions are pretty simple and straight forward. go thru this thread if you have any questions.
2) at the end of the questionnaire you will get the document list required and link to apply online. You will need to create a MyCic account.

canadafav07

Jun 17, 2016
rohangk said:
I suggest online application as it is faster and easier ( if you have a scanner). I have posted the documents needed couple of posts before this one. As to How to apply.
1) you need to fill the eligibility questionnaire:
*link*
questions are pretty simple and straight forward. go thru this thread if you have any questions.
2) at the end of the questionnaire you will get the document list required and link to apply online. You will need to create a MyCic account.
Thank you for your response. You have been very helpful.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
Will it be ok if I apply for BOWP day before my current WP expires?

I am almost at the end of my PR process and I don't want to waste $500 for BOWP if I get my COPR sonn after

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
canadacec2012 said:
Hi All,

I have done some research on BOWP going thought the posts in forum and providing some tips to get BOWP without hassle.

Tips for BOWP
• Read the OB485 for BOWP eligibility - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp
• BOWP Application form – IMM5710 link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
• IMM5710 form filling
o Select Open Work Permit(Type of Work permit are you applying for)
o Do NOT indicate a specific employer(BOWP application - Not Applicable)
o Include an explanation letter and mention OB485, your CEC file number and also include a copy of the AOR your received and your currently valid work permit, all in one PDF file in that order.
o Question 3 in form IMM5710 – A work permit with same employer and/or A work permit with new employer
• We can withdraw the BOWP application before file is not being start processing - email address for BOWP questions/clarifications/Withdraw - question @ cic.gc.ca,
email below details for Withdraw BOWP
Complete Name;
Client ID number, if you have one;
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Country of birth;
Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
Application type;
Date the e-Application was transmitted;
Online application reference number;
Payment receipt number
Do I need to wait for the 2nd AOR from Express Entry?

jay80

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2015
Nomination.....
december 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
File Transfer...
june 2016
Med's Request
may 2015/ june 2016
Med's Done....
may 2015/ june 2016
Passport Req..
september 2016
VISA ISSUED...
october 2016 received
LANDED..........
landing before December
good day to this group,

would like to ask about withdrawing BOWP application. Reason is due to Passports for PR has already been requested by IRCC.

will i still wait for my passport to be returned before cancelling my BOWP application?

or request for cancellation immediately so i could get a refund on the BOWP application?

Thanks in advance..

bicko

Jun 9, 2016
Friends need help

My Work permit is expiring end of november
Finally got my PNP nomination from Ontario

I need to apply for BOWP asap, should I wait for the next draw, ITA and AOR

or can I apply for BOWP with my PNP certificate if that's enough - What are the chances it will get approved

Please help

jay80

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2015
Nomination.....
december 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
File Transfer...
june 2016
Med's Request
may 2015/ june 2016
Med's Done....
may 2015/ june 2016
Passport Req..
september 2016
VISA ISSUED...
october 2016 received
LANDED..........
landing before December
bicko said:
Friends need help

My Work permit is expiring end of november
Finally got my PNP nomination from Ontario

I need to apply for BOWP asap, should I wait for the next draw, ITA and AOR

or can I apply for BOWP with my PNP certificate if that's enough - What are the chances it will get approved

Please help
if your old work permit is locked to one employer, you cannot apply for BOWP. you can only apply for a WP specific to your current employer.. BOWP requires that you have an APR on process and your AOR. Good news is, with your PNP certificate, it will be easy for you to get that WP. just include a copy of your PNP certificate to your WP application. do it asap because some IRCC officers might consider your APR as incomplete if WP is implied or still in process. And the thing is their is an expiry date on your PNP certificate.

best of luck