+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
@vole_truongphi
when you have received the request to re-do medicals then why are you emailing cic to confirm?
I did not receive a request directly CIC email request as typical way. I checked the MyCIC account after an auto message sent from MyCIC account. This is not normal way to just let me know on the MyCIC. Normally, they should do both, send a CIC message with the request and MyCIC will be updated to reflect this request. So I'm not sure if they officially request or not. And the status shows " We are reviewing the medical results"

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I did not receive a request directly CIC email request as typical way. I checked the MyCIC account after an auto message sent from MyCIC account. This is not normal way to just let me know on the MyCIC. Normally, they should do both, send a CIC message with the request and MyCIC will be updated to reflect this request. So I'm not sure if they officially request or not. And the status shows " We are reviewing the medical results"
When my parents received the medical request, they received it in my cic account under the messages. There was no email sent to us. Once medicals were done, my cic account showed "Medicals have passed". So, my cic account is also official and should be considered official. Check the my cic message and review what does it say in medical request. There must be attachments there.+
Remember, if you wait for their reply via email there could be a possibility that the reply will be after 30 days and medicals are supposed to be done within 30 days as mentioned in the medical request letter.

Reactions: vole_truongphi

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
When my parents received the medical request, they received it in my cic account under the messages. There was no email sent to us. Once medicals were done, my cic account showed "Medicals have passed". So, my cic account is also official and should be considered official. Check the my cic message and review what does it say in medical request. There must be attachments there.+
Remember, if you wait for their reply via email there could be a possibility that the reply will be after 30 days and medicals are supposed to be done within 30 days as mentioned in the medical request letter.
There are attachments, and I asked my parents to re-do it meanwhile I'm asking CIC to confirm for sure.
Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
These were the three attachments:
1. Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)
2. Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)
3. Request letter -

The third one said:

Clearance Certificate for you and your spouse from Senior Superintendent of Police.
- Foreign travel form for you and your spouse.
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your spouse.
- Passport size photographs for you and your spouse.
Medical instruction for you and your spouse has been sent separately.

This must be received at this office by: xxxx/xx/xx

Sorry just checked, the medical request was in email as well.

There could be a possibility that they mistyped the email address that's why you did not receive an email or the email address on the file may not be correct.

Reactions: yeti090

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
These were the three attachments:
3. Request letter -

The third one said:

Clearance Certificate for you and your spouse from Senior Superintendent of Police.
- Foreign travel form for you and your spouse.
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your spouse.
- Passport size photographs for you and your spouse.
Medical instruction for you and your spouse has been sent separately.

This must be received at this office by: xxxx/xx/xx

Sorry just checked, the medical request was in email as well.

There could be a possibility that they mistyped the email address that's why you did not receive an email or the email address on the file may not be correct.
My case is a re-do medical request, I guess you has a first request from CIC? My parents medical originally passed, since they are hitting expire day for the medical so they ask to re-do it. No message says this a re-do that why I'm confused.

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Anyone from NDVO received any news in 2018. Looks like their vacation is not over yet. Re-medical has already passed 1 month time.

C.D.MISTRY

Nov 29, 2017
My case is a re-do medical request, I guess you has a first request from CIC? My parents medical originally passed, since they are hitting expire day for the medical so they ask to re-do it. No message says this a re-do that why I'm confused.
I think that re-medical letter should have clarity that you have to do re-medical as it is going to expire.There will be time limit in letter that you have do medical again within 30 days.In my case that have not mentioned word re-medical or to send within 30 days like that.I think this is auto generated mail.They have just sent attachment of medical form without clear information in text body of mail.During first medical,they have written that you have to send medical& PCC within 30 days.

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Anyone from NDVO received any news in 2018. Looks like their vacation is not over yet. Re-medical has already passed 1 month time.
Nothing here yet from NDVO :( Did re-medicals back in November. It's upsetting to see sudden movement and then a complete silence from their end!

Did you Yeti received any pre-arrival letter in e-mail/mail yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: yeti090

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Re-medical submitted to NDVO in first week of Dec, 2017.
No response after that- background check still has to start .

Anyone here from NDVO in the same boat ? Thanks

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I think that re-medical letter should have clarity that you have to do re-medical as it is going to expire.There will be time limit in letter that you have do medical again within 30 days.In my case that have not mentioned word re-medical or to send within 30 days like that.I think this is auto generated mail.They have sent attachment of medical form.During first medical,they have written that you have to send medical& PCC within 30 days.
I just see these files in MyCIC account, and in these forms mention the instructions and 30 days to finish it.:

That is all I get. No request to re-do accept for these files. really confused

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Re-medical submitted to NDVO in first week of Dec, 2017.
No response after that- background check still has to start .

Anyone here from NDVO in the same boat ? Thanks
Same here Sam! Did re-medicals in November! Nothing since then! Have you received any pre-arrival letter via e-mail or mail yet?

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I think that re-medical letter should have clarity that you have to do re-medical as it is going to expire.There will be time limit in letter that you have do medical again within 30 days.In my case that have not mentioned word re-medical or to send within 30 days like that.I think this is auto generated mail.They have just sent attachment of medical form without clear information in text body of mail.During first medical,they have written that you have to send medical& PCC within 30 days.
did you get the same as I get? just 2 forms, and no request to re-do the medical exam?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Whats the date on the requests? If the first medical request was uploaded online on my cic account then there would be medical request for last year as well as this year. Check