+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
I haven't received any updates since my sponsorship was approved back in March 2017. couldn't link my application either. Can someone tell me if they are stuck at the same stage as mine, or should I be calling Ottawa office. My application was received on Jan 5 2016. Thank you.

I have same timeline

App Received Jan 5, 2016
Moved to Ottawa in March 2017
Nothing after that

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
As i mentioned they printed the notes at 8:43 AM. Every month on 4th at 11:04 AM they are pushing back due date to one month so not sure what happened this month but there is a message change in MyCIC account after August 4 so there is some activity.

Just read on another blog that whenever there is this message without any email to us on Review additional documents meaning officer is asking some more information or document from another officer not from us. I sent the email to CPC-Ottawa about this change but no reply. If they will reply, i will let you know.

Hey!

Any other update or change on MyCIC or ecas? Or did you hear any thing from CIC on your email.

For us it still says that they need more documents and will send an email (not received yet). Background check not started yet.

Thanks!

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Hey!

Any other update or change on MyCIC or ecas? Or did you hear any thing from CIC on your email.

For us it still says that they need more documents and will send an email (not received yet). Background check not started yet.

Thanks!
CIC replied to my email today that they don't require any information from me but still same message on MyCIC account. See below email.

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

Our office confirms that we do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

jam_jam

May 10, 2013
Hello everyone,
Received PPR on Aug9. Timelines:
Application acceptance: 1 Feb 2016.
File transferred to ottawa: 7th June 2016.
After this all communication was done to my Father's email.
Medical request: 25th Oct 2016
PCC request: 25th 2016

PCC submitted: 9th Dec 2016
RRPF paid: 9th Dec 2016
Medical done: Jan 2017
PPR recevied: Aug 9 2017
Passport submitted to ottawa: 10th august

Currently Ecas says "Decision Made" it used to be I think "in process"
If I click on status last update is Medicals received.
I was never able to connect my application to online account.

Waiting for passport now. How long should it take anyone submitted recently?

Good Luck with your applications
Thanks

Last edited:

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
CIC replied to my email today that they don't require any information from me but still same message on MyCIC account. See below email.

Dear Sir,

Please be advised that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

Our office confirms that we do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.
Thank you dgpatel. I have also sent an email to CPC-Ottawa. Will let you know if I hear any differently than yours. how many days did it take for them to reply to your email?

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
My schedule is somewhat odd:

• Transferred to Ottawa - one of the very early cases to get transferred
  • Medicals requested in August and sent in early September 2016 (inside Canada)
  • In late October I got email asking why we have not submitted medicals - we responded that we did. CIC confirmed receipt of medicals via email then, and the file updated to Medicals Received in November
  • Then In December 2016 we got police certificate requests, which we submitted in January '17.
  • June '17 additional background request - military service history (none, since required service 40+ years ago), submitted right away via MyCIC upload.
  • MyCIC shows background check in progress since November 2016.
  • Recently mycic changed to "we need more documents for the background check and we'll send a message with what we need." I sent an email asking if they still have not received the background check or if they need anything extra, and I received this very unclear response:

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required."

So no answer on whether they received the military history doc or what else they need. Medicals are expiring in 3 weeks...

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Thank you dgpatel. I have also sent an email to CPC-Ottawa. Will let you know if I hear any differently than yours. how many days did it take for them to reply to your email?
3 days.

Reactions: tamilnadu

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
We just landed!
Thanks a lot to everyone in this forum for shared information and support!
Good luck to all of you!
Congratulations!

Can you please confirm what was the validity of your Visa? Was it a year from Medicals, or was it related to some other milestone of the process? Or was not it not related to anything?
Thank you.

Lavanda

Jan 6, 2016
Congratulations!

Can you please confirm what was the validity of your Visa? Was it a year from Medicals, or was it related to some other milestone of the process? Or was not it not related to anything?
Thank you.
One year after medical.

revitfollower

Jan 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VA-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ requested 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
09-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016 Semi upfront
LANDED..........
Waiting
Really strange:
Received PPR second time.
First time received an email to submitted passports on 20th July- Sent by Canada Post and received by CPC-O on 25th July.

Yesterday received a Information letter to submit passport in mycic account- online account
Whole letter is same except Date on it.

I tried to call them it doesn't go through most of the time lines are busy and disconnected my line.
Finally sent an email today about second PPR to Ottawa office.

Last edited: