+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
My heartiest congratulations to everyone from Ottawa office getting Passport requests - it is a great achievement.
Just in this blog I have noticed atleast 4-5 people have got Passport request from Ottawa office in the past 2 weeks.

But correct me if I am wrong - not even 1 person has even got "Background in Process" with their file at NDVO.

Can anyone from NDVO share if their background is in process ? Guess we all from NDVO are in the same boat with CIC saying " Background check will be the next step" which means nothing is happening at NDVO as of now.
It is Standstill.

Please share if anyone with their file at NDVO have got "Background in Process".
Thanks.

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Congratulations!!

DO you know if they allow to submit passports for mother and father at different visa offices (i.e. Delhi and Ottawa). My mother is visiting us in Canada and father is in India.
So i called the call centre this morning regarding this. She told me that its ok to send the passports to two diffrent VOs. But just write a letter with each passport that you are sending other passport to diffrent visa office in India or Canada. So that they are not waiting for other passport in either VO.
Only thing is when they enter into Canada on their immigrant visa, principal applicant have to get his/her immigration done before accompanying family member.

revitfollower

Jan 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VA-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ requested 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
09-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016 Semi upfront
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Everyone. please add your time line details in the excel sheet.

It gonna help full for everyone.

Thanks

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
My heartiest congratulations to everyone from Ottawa office getting Passport requests - it is a great achievement.
Just in this blog I have noticed atleast 4-5 people have got Passport request from Ottawa office in the past 2 weeks.

But correct me if I am wrong - not even 1 person has even got "Background in Process" with their file at NDVO.

Can anyone from NDVO share if their background is in process ? Guess we all from NDVO are in the same boat with CIC saying " Background check will be the next step" which means nothing is happening at NDVO as of now.
It is Standstill.

Please share if anyone with their file at NDVO have got "Background in Process".
Thanks.
No clue man what NDVO is up to, in the email reply I got from NDVO they told that medicals will be done again N visa officer will review the application N they will let us know of next step.

So no clue when visa officer will have time N when we r gonna hear back. It still all in this forum who have been struck with NDVO please update others as soon as you guys can so that others can come to know as well.

Regards.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Congratulations every one for getting PPR.It is good that OTTAWA is moving.NDVO is shockingly silent.Good Luck to everyone. Wishing every parents a Healthy and Wealthy life in Canada.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
I suppose Puralotar 09/43 am batch is silent and yet to receive PPR.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
I received my GCMS notes today. I requested on 13 July and they printed on 4 August at 8:43 AM. In my GCMS note, i can see Due date is set on 4 August 2017. Background check is still not started. After August 4, under Review of additional documents, the message has changed to We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. I sent Medical and PCC on 6 Feb 2017.

Hi,

Now I have the same message on Mycic that they need more documents but I haven't received any message yet. Not sure when did this change happen (I have been paying attention to background check only). Could you please keep me posted whenever you have any further update? I think we both are in similar situation.

And if I understood correctly, GCMS notes show some internal "due date" of Aug 4 and coincidentally they printed your notes on Aug 4 as well, right?

Good luck!

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
So i called the call centre this morning regarding this. She told me that its ok to send the passports to two diffrent VOs. But just write a letter with each passport that you are sending other passport to diffrent visa office in India or Canada. So that they are not waiting for other passport in either VO.
Only thing is when they enter into Canada on their immigrant visa, principal applicant have to get his/her immigration done before accompanying family member.
Thank you Gsingh88!!!!! Very helpful information!!!!!

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Hi,

Now I have the same message on Mycic that they need more documents but I haven't received any message yet. Not sure when did this change happen (I have been paying attention to background check only). Could you please keep me posted whenever you have any further update? I think we both are in similar situation.

And if I understood correctly, GCMS notes show some internal "due date" of Aug 4 and coincidentally they printed your notes on Aug 4 as well, right?

Good luck!
As i mentioned they printed the notes at 8:43 AM. Every month on 4th at 11:04 AM they are pushing back due date to one month so not sure what happened this month but there is a message change in MyCIC account after August 4 so there is some activity.

Just read on another blog that whenever there is this message without any email to us on Review additional documents meaning officer is asking some more information or document from another officer not from us. I sent the email to CPC-Ottawa about this change but no reply. If they will reply, i will let you know.

Reactions: tamilnadu

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.