+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi,
My mother had a visitor's visa that expired on February 26, 2017. We sent a request for an extension on February 19, 2017 (one week before expiry) by internet. Before getting a reply on the extension, Ecas changed into Decision made on April 7, 2017. My mother received the PPR on April 13, 2017 by email. We received her passport from Ottawa stamped with the permanent residence visa on May 1st, before receiving the reply of the extension request.
We have learned that requesting an extension before the expiry date is considered as an extension if there is no reply yet. On May 8, we received an answer that the request for extension was not considered because my mother is permanent resident since May 1st.
Thank you so much, that is good. When you sent the passport for PR stamping, did you inform them that you have applied?

If yes, did you just mention it only in the covering letter or did you enclose any receipt?

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi Siera,

1.There is a limit of minimum 30 days prior, you can apply for extension of your visa/supervise and after applying you are on a implied status which is valid for your stay till the reply in either Yes or No. Normally it takes about 50-60 days. You need not to send your passports, you get only a letter to extend your valid visa that you have to keep with passport.

2. if you are going to US, you must be having a valid visa of USA.

3. Pl. check your super visa is for multiple visit if yes then treat yourself while coming back from USA as one next trip of two years, so you need not to request at the border.

4 If you are having single visit visa/super visa then not to move to US, as coming back it may a problem to you as once you left the country, all left/balance days are not counted.

5 your application is already reached “Decision Made” it is talk of few days only and after getting Passport request from NDVO you can send Passport to Ottawa Office for PR stamping this takes about 14-20 days.
Are the points 2,3,4,5 applicable only if I have followed point 1? Because I have applied a week back (not 30 days back).

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi,
My mother had a visitor's visa that expired on February 26, 2017. We sent a request for an extension on February 19, 2017 (one week before expiry) by internet. Before getting a reply on the extension, Ecas changed into Decision made on April 7, 2017. My mother received the PPR on April 13, 2017 by email. We received her passport from Ottawa stamped with the permanent residence visa on May 1st, before receiving the reply of the extension request.
We have learned that requesting an extension before the expiry date is considered as an extension if there is no reply yet. On May 8, we received an answer that the request for extension was not considered because my mother is permanent resident since May 1st.
I was quite stressed out in the current situation. Thanks to your reply, Noui. It was a big relief reading it.

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
I was quite stressed out in the current situation. Thanks to your reply, Noui. It was a big relief reading it.
Hi Seira,
there is no relation in between 1 and 2,3,4,5, At this stage my opinion is to postpone your trip for 30-40 days if you gone out of the country you may not be treated as overstayed at Canada as you have not applied 30 days earlier to your visa limitations. Rest you may take your decision accordingly , follow no. 5 is better for you now.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

Any update from London visa office ?

I am still waiting after medicals and PCC was done and sent in March .

S

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hi Seira,
there is no relation in between 1 and 2,3,4,5, At this stage my opinion is to postpone your trip for 30-40 days if you gone out of the country you may not be treated as overstayed at Canada as you have not applied 30 days earlier to your visa limitations. Rest you may take your decision accordingly , follow no. 5 is better for you now.
Hi Seira
please delete the world NOT from my above post.
now it comes like:: you may be treated as overstayed at Canada .

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Rossei/Senior members
I made a mistake by not applying 30 days prior to the expiry date. But in the current scenario, please let me know how you would handle if you were in my position.

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi,
Noui, I realised that the gap between the date you requested extension and the date you sent the passport is more than 5 weeks, but in my case it will be just a week. In addition, you had submitted online but I had submitted by post so I am not sure if they will open my post. I wish they would send us a letter about implied status.

Noui

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ_23-06-2016, Submitted Oct. 2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
23-06-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Thank you so much, that is good. When you sent the passport for PR stamping, did you inform them that you have applied?

If yes, did you just mention it only in the covering letter or did you enclose any receipt?
Hi Seira,
No, we did not inform them of the extension request, we simply sent the requested documents.
When we went to the US/Canada border for landing, we prepared all the evidences for the extension request. But they did not ask anything about it. It was very quick and easy, even though my mother's visitor visa had expired.

Noui

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
23-06-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Noui, I realised that the gap between the date you requested extension and the date you sent the passport is more than 5 weeks, but in my case it will be just a week. In addition, you had submitted online but I had submitted by post so I am not sure if they will open my post. I wish they would send us a letter about implied status.
Your case is therefore simpler than mine. When my mother received the PPR, her visitor visa expired 6 weeks ago and no reply has yet been received regarding the extension request.
I'm not trying to convince you to do the same thing we did. I'm just telling our story so that you're aware of the other cases. I do not know if there is a difference between the extension of a visitor's visa and the supervisa. I hope that our little experience will help you.
What I am doing now after everything is settled, I called CIC to claim the reimbursement of the extension request fees of her visitor visa.

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Your case is therefore simpler than mine. When my mother received the PPR, her visitor visa expired 6 weeks ago and no reply has yet been received regarding the extension request.
I'm not trying to convince you to do the same thing we did. I'm just telling our story so that you're aware of the other cases. I do not know if there is a difference between the extension of a visitor's visa and the supervisa. I hope that our little experience will help you.
What I am doing now after everything is settled, I called CIC to claim the reimbursement of the extension request fees of her visitor visa.
Really appreciate your time, Noui. As you said I think I am just at the border so that shouldn't be an issue. As we have a long weekend, I would like to keep all the documents/photos ready so that I can send them right away as soon I get them. Please let me know the documents that you sent and the address. Thank you!!

Noui

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
23-06-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Really appreciate your time, Noui. As you said I think I am just at the border so that shouldn't be an issue. As we have a long weekend, I would like to keep all the documents/photos ready so that I can send them right away as soon I get them. Please let me know the documents that you sent and the address. Thank you!!
Hi Seira,
The PPR email I received from LVO was:
"Dear Applicant
Please note that we are ready to issue your visa(s).
Please read carefully the attached instructions.
In all your correspondences, please be so kind as to indicate your file number."

The requested documents are:
1- First page of the attached document,
2- Passport,
3- 2 photos,
4- A letter that precise the color of the eyes and the size.

We Sent the documents via Xpresspost to Ottawa (As my mother was in Canada, they gave us the option to submit the requested documents to Ottawa). the address is :

CTD – Ottawa
CP 9780
Ottawa (Ontario) K1G 4B9

Be careful, I noticed from this forum that the requested documents may differ from one person to another. In other many cases, there are more asked documents.

PB#

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
HI

I am sponsoring my mother. My father does not want to come and he is earning in India. He is not dependent on principal applicant (my mother).

My question is do we need to Add him as dependent on IMM0008 form. My understanding is we don't have to add him as dependent.

As I am sponsoring my mother only. I don't think I have to provide any document from my father for example IMM5669, IMM5406. He should be added on additional family information form IMM5406 only.

Thanks.

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Thanks Noui. I came across point 4 for the first time that said: "A letter that precise the color of the eyes and the size". Please let me know if it is a simple form to be filled or they need a letter from us

Noui

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
23-06-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Thanks Noui. I came across point 4 for the first time that said: "A letter that precise the color of the eyes and the size". Please let me know if it is a simple form to be filled or they need a letter from us
Just a letter from us