+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
All

I got request to submit PCC for my Mom for UK as she resided over there in total for more than 6 months. But in order to upload the PCC, they are asking the country of ISSUE. but there are many options to select for UK. Can someone please help, which one should i select.

Thanks
Raminder Singh

santy3414

May 16, 2017
Thank you for the useful info. I have a question. My application to apply for parental PR is selected. But I am just wondering, is there any priority processing for the new system of parental sponsorship ? Or Will it be processed only after clearing all the pending applications in the old system ? In that case, what is the benefit of the new system at all ? Kindly excuse if my understanding is not correct. Please advise. Is it worth putting effort in applying in the new system OR is it going to be processed only after clearing all the pending application in the old system ? Somewhere I heard that, the processing of old applications will be stopped and returned . Is it true ? If not, which years applicant's are being currently processed. Please advise.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Thank you for the useful info. I have a question. My application to apply for parental PR is selected. But I am just wondering, is there any priority processing for the new system of parental sponsorship ? Or Will it be processed only after clearing all the pending applications in the old system ? In that case, what is the benefit of the new system at all ? Kindly excuse if my understanding is not correct. Please advise. Is it worth putting effort in applying in the new system OR is it going to be processed only after clearing all the pending application in the old system ? Somewhere I heard that, the processing of old applications will be stopped and returned . Is it true ? If not, which years applicant's are being currently processed. Please advise.
No priority processing for 2017 applicants.But please apply for your parental pr.for your sake do not think or imagine that pending applications will be returned or will be set aside.Currently simaltaneously the applications of 2014 to 2016 is processed.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
It is always first come first serve. It may not always work that way but that is the usually how each CIC office operates.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Thanks Bsz, No I am submitting the passport to New Delhi India. I am not sure if the file got transferred, I was recently told it was still with Ottawa.
Hello - What date did you submit your passport and are they returned with visa? Please share the dates when you've got PP back. thank you in advance!

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
I had applied on Jan 4th 2016 (NDVO applicant). Sent PCC and Medicals in first week of July and additional documents in April. Yesterday my mom's designation has changed to Decision made. We have no PPR request yet but as I went through the forum, most of them have got it in a week or two.

My concern is that my mom had come on a super visa which expires this month end (12 more days). I have applied for extension of super visa in the first week of may but haven't received any letter from CIC. I read on the forum that cic takes a while to open the package and respond related to visa extensions. Could anyone suggest the best option for me when I am asked to send the passport in case I don't get any response for cic about the 'Implied Status'

Am wondering if I should take her to US this weekend let her stay at my brother's place for a week and bring her back next weekend (which will be close to the expiry date of super visa) and request the official on the border to give a 3 month visa extension showing him the proof that I have already applied but haven't received the extension yet (I have a purolator receipt with signature from cic in regards to the extension application that I sent)

As it is urgent, I would appreciate your opinion so that I can take a decision.

Noui

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ_23-06-2016, Submitted Oct. 2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
23-06-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
I had applied on Jan 4th 2016 (NDVO applicant). Sent PCC and Medicals in first week of July and additional documents in April. Yesterday my mom's designation has changed to Decision made. We have no PPR request yet but as I went through the forum, most of them have got it in a week or two.

My concern is that my mom had come on a super visa which expires this month end (12 more days). I have applied for extension of super visa in the first week of may but haven't received any letter from CIC. I read on the forum that cic takes a while to open the package and respond related to visa extensions. Could anyone suggest the best option for me when I am asked to send the passport in case I don't get any response for cic about the 'Implied Status'

Am wondering if I should take her to US this weekend let her stay at my brother's place for a week and bring her back next weekend (which will be close to the expiry date of super visa) and request the official on the border to give a 3 month visa extension showing him the proof that I have already applied but haven't received the extension yet (I have a purolator receipt with signature from cic in regards to the extension application that I sent)

Hi,
My mother had a visitor's visa that expired on February 26, 2017. We sent a request for an extension on February 19, 2017 (one week before expiry) by internet. Before getting a reply on the extension, Ecas changed into Decision made on April 7, 2017. My mother received the PPR on April 13, 2017 by email. We received her passport from Ottawa stamped with the permanent residence visa on May 1st, before receiving the reply of the extension request.
We have learned that requesting an extension before the expiry date is considered as an extension if there is no reply yet. On May 8, we received an answer that the request for extension was not considered because my mother is permanent resident since May 1st.

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016

Hi Siera,

1.There is a limit of minimum 30 days prior, you can apply for extension of your visa/supervise and after applying you are on a implied status which is valid for your stay till the reply in either Yes or No. Normally it takes about 50-60 days. You need not to send your passports, you get only a letter to extend your valid visa that you have to keep with passport.

2. if you are going to US, you must be having a valid visa of USA.

3. Pl. check your super visa is for multiple visit if yes then treat yourself while coming back from USA as one next trip of two years, so you need not to request at the border.

4 If you are having single visit visa/super visa then not to move to US, as coming back it may a problem to you as once you left the country, all left/balance days are not counted.

5 your application is already reached “Decision Made” it is talk of few days only and after getting Passport request from NDVO you can send Passport to Ottawa Office for PR stamping this takes about 14-20 days.

Last edited: