+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Congrats! Kindly advise when were you medicals done and sent to CIC. Did your background check change to in progress? My parents did their medicals in September 2016 and still waiting. We are getting nervous as in few months it will be close to 1 year mark for the medicals. Thanks.
Yes Background changed to 'In Progress'
Medicals were sent in July 2016
I read on one of the previous thread about a member getting in touch with cic if they have to redo the medicals in case they don't a response...and response was that you don't have to. You can contact cic and confirm about it.

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
No, it didn't. It is still

"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"
Congratulations!
When did your status change to background check in progress, I mean for how many days it remains in-progress before decision was made in file.

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Your timeline says that you got the PPR on 6th and got CoPR on 10th. Was the passport received on 6th? You got the CoPR within 4 days which otherwise takes up to 2 weeks. Right?
Was it in Ottawa?
Yes...it was amazingly fast.CPC- Ottawa.

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Expert,

I had a new addition to my family in Dec 2016, and my application was received by CIC on Jan 5th, 2016 and I have received Sponsorship letter on Mar 2017 and decision has been made

I had a 2-3 communication and they have insisting in asking to refill the following forms.

I am unable to open the IMM 1344. Is any way I can get this form. Despite installing the latest adobe and still not working
I guess it depends on the officer handling your case. I applied in Jan 2014. I gave birth to my son in March 2015. After having him, I submitted an original long form birth certificate with an explanation letter. I also attached all recent Option C forms for both my husband (co-sponsor) and I from CRA.
They never asked to redo any of the forms. My GCMS notes state though that although there is an additional dependent, my income alone (minus my husband) is well above the LICO for the # of dependents including my parents.
My 2 cents-- just provide them what they ask for and provide them your most recent Option C forms

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
I guess it depends on the officer handling your case. I applied in Jan 2014. I gave birth to my son in March 2015. After having him, I submitted an original long form birth certificate with an explanation letter. I also attached all recent Option C forms for both my husband (co-sponsor) and I from CRA.
They never asked to redo any of the forms. My GCMS notes state though that although there is an additional dependent, my income alone (minus my husband) is well above the LICO for the # of dependents including my parents.
My 2 cents-- just provide them what they ask for and provide them your most recent Option C forms
Can you please let me know, how to apply for GCMS notes

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have an addition to my family? so do i need to update and if yes then how.My parents already had medical and PCC done from London office

S

CSK1980

May 12, 2017
Any idea how many days it will take for CoPR ?

I have submitted the Passport on 03-May and still waiting for the CoPR and Passport back

oceanslands

Dec 7, 2015
Hi guys,

CIC shows that medical results have been received since two months ago, my parents application is being processed in Ottawa CPC. Both my parents are currently in Canada on Supervisa, but my dad needs to go back to his home country for now. I'm just wondering if it's okay for him to go back and then if PPR does come, I can get him to mail his passport to me first before I send to CPC Ottawa? Do you guys see any issues?

Thanks

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi guys,

CIC shows that medical results have been received since two months ago, my parents application is being processed in Ottawa CPC. Both my parents are currently in Canada on Supervisa, but my dad needs to go back to his home country for now. I'm just wondering if it's okay for him to go back and then if PPR does come, I can get him to mail his passport to me first before I send to CPC Ottawa? Do you guys see any issues?

Thanks
He could also send his passport to the local embassy for COPR. The way it is moving forward, it will be a while before you get PPR. I see applicants whose medicals were received in October still waiting for PPR.

oceanslands

Dec 7, 2015
He could also send his passport to the local embassy for COPR. The way it is moving forward, it will be a while before you get PPR. I see applicants whose medicals were received in October still waiting for PPR.
Will there be instructions as to where to send the passport to the local embassy as well as to Ottawa CPC?
it's weird that all of a sudden everything slows down, end of last year everything moved so quickly and now slows down a lot.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Will there be instructions as to where to send the passport to the local embassy as well as to Ottawa CPC?
it's weird that all of a sudden everything slows down, end of last year everything moved so quickly and now slows down a lot.
Yes you have to call/write to CIC and let them know. They can provide instructions.

rg1234

Jan 24, 2014
Above is applicable only of child is born to your parents or any of their dependents in file. It is standard email that they are replying to everybody. I submitted online form with birth certificate and all last tax returns(including letter with detail explanation). Call them again and explain to them that you are getting standard replies every-time , which are not applicable to you.
Thanks Adip for your response.
In your case when you call them what did they say and they agreed that you do not need to send any new forms?