+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Same is my case. The background status says:
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Is the next step ppr request or does the status change before the ppr request?

Appreciate your feedback

lorelay said:
I see that your status for BC is :

Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My mom status is :

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So my status is after "In progress" ?

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
_MK_ said:
Ottawa Office is getting slow.

I have not seen any movement in IME/PCC, PPR, etc at all in the last 2 weeks. This is getting frustrating!
yes It seems so .. I also noticed that they tend to work more around the 8th, 9th or 10th of the month, at least that was the trend for February and March .....

let's be optimistic and see what will happen after 10 days... I hope that by the 10of April, we get hit by a wave or PPR

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Elumboy said:
Hello Rossei,

I got an email request for Medical/RPR and passport for my mom. but my mother is here in Canada on a super visa which was recently extended for another 2 years(until 2019)
do I still need to send her passport to the Visa office? also, they did not request for her PCC. does this mean they don't need her to send PCC?

Thanks
Don't know what your LVO is. Did they ask for original passport? If you aren't sure, send an email to your LVO if a copy of the passport would suffice. Explain them that your mom is visiting Canada and doesn't really want to send her passport overseas unless she has to.

PCC is always required. Either they missed to request it or will ask for it later.

When everything is done and your LVO is ready to issue PR Visa, you can send the passport to Ottawa.

Elumboy

Jan 24, 2017
Rossei said:
Don't know what your LVO is. Did they ask for original passport? If you aren't sure, send an email to your LVO if a copy of the passport would suffice. Explain them that your mom is visiting Canada and doesn't really want to send her passport overseas unless she has to.

PCC is always required. Either they missed to request it or will ask for it later.

When everything is done and your LVO is ready to issue PR Visa, you can send the passport to Ottawa.
Thank you for your reply, her Visa office is in Dakar Senegal.

here is what they sent to me.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
· Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
· All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
· Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.
· Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

Rock1973

May 20, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
It will change to In Process after few days. It happened to me as well.
Does the change in application status from "in-process" to back "application received" mean anything, or it does not mean anything. I mean to ask "are they having any doubts"

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rock1973 said:
Does the change in application status from "in-process" to back "application received" mean anything, or it does not mean anything. I mean to ask "are they having any doubts"
It is normal , happened to all of us.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Rock1973 said:
Nothing really happens but when it changes back to "In Process" it may show something like the following on the 2nd line:

We started processing xxxxxxxx's application on xxxxx date

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Friends,
I have a question and if someone can answer it - that will be appreciated. Just like everyone else I filed for my parents application last year in Jan 2016. My parents reside in India.

We initially got an email early June 2016 that I am approved as a sponsor and your file is transferred to the Ottawa office. I noticed lot of applicants file got transferred to New Delhi office in June 2016 who have their parents residing in India. Got our Medical, Police Clearance and request for Permanent resident fees early Oct 2016 from Ottawa office which was submitted in the next few days during the same month.

Then in Nov 2016 we got an email saying that our file is transferred to New Delhi office for further processing and you will hear back from them in the next months. Then towards end of Dec 2016 we got an email from New Delhi office asking again for us to get Medical, Police Clearance and Fees if it is not done. We submitted everything once again to New Delhi office early Jan 2017 and have never heard back from them since then.

My question is :
1) Since our file got transferred to Ottawa first in June 2016 and later to New Delhi in Nov 2016 - does that mean our process will be delayed now compared to ones who got their file transferred to New Delhi office in first place around the June 2016 time frame ?
Has anyone been into a similar situation where the file was initially transferred to Ottawa - got medical, Police clearance , Fees etc. submitted to Ottawa office and later got an email that it will transferred to New Delhi office now ?

2) The ECAS still says - Your application is in progress and the next step is to do a Background check. Any rough idea of the time frame it can take from here for New Delhi applicants ?
Do you think New Delhi office will finish them this year 2017 ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Sam0001 said:
Hi Friends,
I have a question and if someone can answer it - that will be appreciated. Just like everyone else I filed for my parents application last year in Jan 2016. My parents reside in India.

We initially got an email early June 2016 that I am approved as a sponsor and your file is transferred to the Ottawa office. I noticed lot of applicants file got transferred to New Delhi office in June 2016 who have their parents residing in India. Got our Medical, Police Clearance and request for Permanent resident fees early Oct 2016 from Ottawa office which was submitted in the next few days during the same month.

Then in Nov 2016 we got an email saying that our file is transferred to New Delhi office for further processing and you will hear back from them in the next months. Then towards end of Dec 2016 we got an email from New Delhi office asking again for us to get Medical, Police Clearance and Fees if it is not done. We submitted everything once again to New Delhi office early Jan 2017 and have never heard back from them since then.

My question is :
1) Since our file got transferred to Ottawa first in June 2016 and later to New Delhi in Nov 2016 - does that mean our process will be delayed now compared to ones who got their file transferred to New Delhi office in first place around the June 2016 time frame ?
Has anyone been into a similar situation where the file was initially transferred to Ottawa - got medical, Police clearance , Fees etc. submitted to Ottawa office and later got an email that it will transferred to New Delhi office now ?

2) The ECAS still says - Your application is in progress and the next step is to do a Background check. Any rough idea of the time frame it can take from here for New Delhi applicants ?
Do you think New Delhi office will finish them this year 2017 ?
I got approved this year and file was transferred to New Delhi by end of February this year and haven't heard from them yet regarding IME, PCC etc......... I think there is long waiting for NDVO...........

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I have been waiting since August 4th 2016 for background check to even begin - emailed them at least 4 times every single time I just get a response saying you are in queue for the new delhi office. They are beyond slow I have very little faith left in them at this point

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rnakra said:
I have been waiting since August 4th 2016 for background check to even begin - emailed them at least 4 times every single time I just get a response saying you are in queue for the new delhi office. They are beyond slow I have very little faith left in them at this point
Some NDVO applicants have already got the visa

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
rnakra said:
I have been waiting since September, 2016 for the background check to start as well but nothing yet. My office is Ottawa. Is anybody else still waiting that has submitted the documents around that time? Please advise...Thank you..

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
El1975 said:
I have been waiting since September, 2016 for the background check to start as well but nothing yet. My office is Ottawa. Is anybody else still waiting that has submitted the documents around that time? Please advise...Thank you..
same here. sent Police certificates back in August. Still waiting for Medical