+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
RVG_2016 PG said:
Hello everyone, Today I checked the status online (cic.gc.ca) it shows the following details:

Sponsored Person: 'MY DADS NAME'
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

It looks like a decision is made on my sponsorship, but I didn't receive any notification (email or letter) on the same. So I'm bit concerned. Please advice.

Thank you.
After decision made, it takes couple of days to receive email.
If you don't receive email, you will get a letter by mail in few days.

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I know I have asked this before and people have provided links but none of those seem to work also. Every single time I log into cic gc key it will only give me the options of reset security questions, change password or press continue to return to immigration website. I press continue and it will return me to cic and some times by luck it will take me to terms and conditions but it ends up taking me 6 to 9 times to login before pressing continue will actually proceed to the next step instead of just going back to the main cic website

Any ideas?

I have tried chrome, explorer even in incognito mode so that there is no history etc no luck

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rnakra said:
I know I have asked this before and people have provided links but none of those seem to work also. Every single time I log into cic gc key it will only give me the options of reset security questions, change password or press continue to return to immigration website. I press continue and it will return me to cic and some times by luck it will take me to terms and conditions but it ends up taking me 6 to 9 times to login before pressing continue will actually proceed to the next step instead of just going back to the main cic website

Any ideas?

I have tried chrome, explorer even in incognito mode so that there is no history etc no luck
What's the operating system you are using? Is chrome up to date? Did you try firefox?

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I amusing windows 7 and yup chrome is up to date. I haven't tried Firefox I really don't want to download another browser just for this

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rnakra said:

Any ideas?

For Chrome,

You have delete your browser history.

1. Click on Menu (3 vertical dots on top right corner)
2. Click on History
3. Click on Clear browsing data (3rd one on left)
4. Select Past Day or Past Week and check the first 4 options
5. Click on Clear browsing data at bottom

You may have to do this each time you fail to log in or the website goes back to CIC main page instead of going forward to terms and conditions.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rnakra said:
I amusing windows 7 and yup chrome is up to date. I haven't tried Firefox I really don't want to download another browser just for this
I haven't seen this issue on my chrome on windows 7 and windows 10.

Here are the steps you can try to fix in chrome:

Press Ctrl and H together > Click Clear browsing data > Select Obliterate the following items from the beginning of the time from the drop down and check mark all boxes and then click on Clear browsing data. Restart chrome and test again.

If it still does not work, try installing firefox which may be worth trying.

Elumboy

Jan 24, 2017
Hello Guys,

I got an email request for Medical/RPR and passport for my mom. but my mother is here in Canada on a super visa which was recently extended for another 2 years(until 2019)
do I still need to send her passport to the Visa office? also, they did not request for her PCC.

Thanks

lorelay

Oct 11, 2016
I see that your status for BC is :

Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My mom status is :

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So my status is after "In progress" ?

RVG_2016 PG

Feb 21, 2017
I applied for sponsoring my parents (living in India). I got SA on Mar 6th 2017. In that communication, it says 'the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. Given that they are living in India, I was thinking that the
visa office would be 'New Delhi'. I'm a bit confused, is it something like it will go to CPC-Ottawa and then to New Delhi? is it good to be served from CPC-Ottawa? -

Please shed some light.

Thank you.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RVG_2016 PG said:
I applied for sponsoring my parents (living in India). I got SA on Mar 6th 2017. In that communication, it says 'the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. Given that they are living in India, I was thinking that the
visa office would be 'New Delhi'. I'm a bit confused, is it something like it will go to CPC-Ottawa and then to New Delhi? is it good to be served from CPC-Ottawa? -

Please shed some light.

Thank you.
There are many cases transferred to Ottawa. See the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ujwMXUzGTckLlr1dkuitOOKiqpp5_bhhLDKxDe3NDg/edit
It is good to be served by Ottawa, New Delhi is generally very slow.

Elumboy

Jan 24, 2017
Hello Rossei,

I got an email request for Medical/RPR and passport for my mom. but my mother is here in Canada on a super visa which was recently extended for another 2 years(until 2019)
do I still need to send her passport to the Visa office? also, they did not request for her PCC. does this mean they don't need her to send PCC?

Thanks

yogesh83

Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

My cousin has applied for her parents on for PGP 2016. Received application on Jan 4 , 2016 at 09:43 am by CIC. SA approved on Feb 7, 2017.

After Feb 7 2017, was able to see online status "Decision Made" for Sponsorship Application Status and "In process" for Permanent Residence Application Status. But today i have noticed the status is changed back to "Application Received" for Permanent Residence Application Status. They both have already supervisa. Does it mean they do not need any additional documents? nor need to do background check ? What could have happened? Did not get any email by our representative yet? Any clue?

Thanks,
Yogesh

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yogesh83 said:
Hi,

My cousin has applied for her parents on for PGP 2016. Received application on Jan 4 , 2016 at 09:43 am by CIC. SA approved on Feb 7, 2017.

After Feb 7 2017, was able to see online status "Decision Made" for Sponsorship Application Status and "In process" for Permanent Residence Application Status. But today i have noticed the status is changed back to "Application Received" for Permanent Residence Application Status. They both have already supervisa. Does it mean they do not need any additional documents? nor need to do background check ? What could have happened? Did not get any email by our representative yet? Any clue?

Thanks,
Yogesh
It will change to In Process after few days. It happened to me as well.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Ottawa Office is getting slow.

I have not seen any movement in IME/PCC, PPR, etc at all in the last 2 weeks. This is getting frustrating!