+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Thanks! I guess I would just need to confirm with CIC that they have attached online payment receipt to my parents' file. I am thinking of getting my parents to sign the representative form before I call CIC. :)

feelfreetoadviceme said:
It is still "provided".

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
Thanks! I guess I would just need to confirm with CIC that they have attached online payment receipt to my parents' file. I am thinking of getting my parents to sign the representative form before I call CIC. :)
You know just for playing SAFE I uploaded the PCC through MyCIC and e-mailed them PCC and Payments Receipts.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
You are right, it is better to play safe with CIC so that the documents don't get missed.

My parents used my email address for their contact info section when we submitted application. Now when asked for RPRF, we sent fee receipt to Ottawa from my parent's email account so that their name appears as the sender (we were over-worried if by sending it from my email account would create any issues as my name will appear as sender in CIC's inbox). Not sure if it was any better or worse than sending from my email account (the one that is mentioned in the application)

Grrr...I sometime feel puzzled as to how much worry or care one should take when dealing with CIC...how much is over and how much is just right! :p

feelfreetoadviceme said:
You know just for playing SAFE I uploaded the PCC through MyCIC and e-mailed them PCC and Payments Receipts.

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
You are right, it is better to play safe with CIC so that the documents don't get missed.

My parents used my email address for their contact info section when we submitted application. Now when asked for RPRF, we sent fee receipt to Ottawa from my parent's email account so that their name appears as the sender (we were over-worried if by sending it from my email account would create any issues as my name will appear as sender in CIC's inbox). Not sure if it was any better or worse than sending from my email account (the one that is mentioned in the application)

Grrr...I sometime feel puzzled as to how much worry or care one should take when dealing with CIC...how much is over and how much is just right! :p
I don't think there is any problem in sending the documents from any e-mail account as long as it has UCI and Applicant Name. So don't worry. Everything gonna be fine. Good Luck!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I haven't received SA yet and submitted ATIP request. I just received ATIP notes and here it is what it says in short:

Pre-Assessment in progress
R10 requirements met
Case pending receipt of social service check.

Can someone shed some light on my ATIP notes?

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I haven't received SA yet and submitted ATIP request. I just received ATIP notes and here it is what it says in short:

Pre-Assessment in progress
R10 requirements met
Case pending receipt of social service check.

Can someone shed some light on my ATIP notes?
CIC sends the SS checks to all the regions you have lived and then they will approve the sponsorship.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Thanks! What is social service check?
If you are receiving any kind of government financial assistance for reasons other than a disability.
If you go through your ATIP document, you will see entries for SS checks sent to different regions ( if you have lived on more than one address). Those entries will be under Out Going communications.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I got tracking IDs from our VFS office. They sent our passport copies to Manila office today.

However, I received two tracking IDs; one for my dad(principle applicant) and one for my mom (dependant). Does this mean that the VFS sent the documents separately to the Manila office? I was instructed to send all the documents in one package including one copy of the PPR email.

Does anyone who used VFS office have an idea?

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
thecoolguysam said:
Thanks! What is social service check?
As rightly said by IndoCanadian above, Social Service check is done to ensure that you are not receiving any sort of government funded amount and which includes E.I, Disability, Child Welfare, or any other social program benefits delivered by either Provincial or Federal Government. When they do check for social service benefit issuance, they get report for any and all social benefits that were delivered to the sponsor applicant (and co-signer if applicable). Even if someone is on maternity leave, it is also disclosed in the details. However, my assumption is that CIC will not account for genuine benefits like Maternity or Disability.

Not pointing at anyone specific but in general, many people abuse the social programs by providing counter-factual information and showing low incomes and/or medical conditions to avail social benefits. This check is to ensure that you as a sponsor is not taking any such benefits.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
SH Korea said:
I got tracking IDs from our VFS office. They sent our passport copies to Manila office today.

However, I received two tracking IDs; one for my dad(principle applicant) and one for my mom (dependant). Does this mean that the VFS sent the documents separately to the Manila office? I was instructed to send all the documents in one package including one copy of the PPR email.

Does anyone who used VFS office have an idea?
Sending two passports means sending two separate identities, hence they provide two tracking number. It is just to ensure that two passports were sent and in case something goes wrong, they have a way to track down.

I was checking principal applicant's passport status on VFS during my process and it was exactly similar for dependent as well. So stay cool and wait till you receive both of them back.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
poison said:
Sending two passports means sending two separate identities, hence they provide two tracking number. It is just to ensure that two passports were sent and in case something goes wrong, they have a way to track down.

I was checking principal applicant's passport status on VFS during my process and it was exactly similar for dependent as well. So stay cool and wait till you receive both of them back.
Thank you, Poison. I panicked for a moment. ;D

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks
Any Idea how much time CPC Ottawa will take to make arrangements to issue PR Visa from NDVO?

Actually they asked my parents to send passports to Ottawa or send a mail in case they are not in North America so that CPC can arrange visa from other locations. My parents are in India at present. We sent a mail yesterday to CPC to issue visa from New Delhi.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@IndoCanadian777
@poison

Thanks!

My wife was on maternity leave in one of the taxation years. I hope that won't cause any issues.

By the way there are no outgoing communications in regards to the social service check in my ATIP