+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
That's weird. My mom also visited Australia (& 15 other countries) for almost 3 weeks and Singapore never asked for PCC from any country other than our home country.

I would advise you to contact Singapore at once to clarify this. If you still can manage to get the entry-exit stamp by Aussie on her passport, attach a scanned copy of them with your email.
Hi Rossei, yes it is really weird. I sent an email to Singapore office asking them to clarify it. I hope they respond in time, I just hope they don't refuse her application because we didn't anything after the due date of Dec 7. Unfortunately, my mother's old passport was destroyed upon renewal so we couldn't show them the stamps. Fingers crossed...

Thanks for your help! :)

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
important question - please help

Hi everyone! I had this question come in my mind today. So far I am single and our family size is three which is me, mom and dad. Application will be sen and submitted by jan 3 of 2017. But I am getting married in feb 2017. Will that effect my application, do I have include that in my application. Or all i have to mention is size of my family at the time of application ? Also do i need to update my martial status in feburary to cic or not. Please suggest guys thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: important question - please help

jaski said:
Hi everyone! I had this question come in my mind today. So far I am single and our family size is three which is me, mom and dad. Application will be sen and submitted by jan 3 of 2017. But I am getting married in feb 2017. Will that effect my application, do I have include that in my application. Or all i have to mention is size of my family at the time of application ? Also do i need to update my martial status in feburary to cic or not. Please suggest guys thanks in advance
You should updated CIC with your new martial status once you are married. You should make sure you meed LICO for four people for 2015, 2014 and 2013.

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012

scylla said:
You should updated CIC with your new martial status once you are married. You should make sure you meed LICO for four people for 2015, 2014 and 2013.
But sir at the time of the application my family size will be 3 and according to cic the income requirement are calculated based on size of family at the time of application.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016

scylla said:
as for i know u need to match LICO for 3 people for years 2013, 2014 and 2015.....because when u submit the application family size is 3...for year 2016 again u have to meet LICO for 3 people.....but in 2017 and onwrds u have to meet the LICO for 4 people as u will be married and family sige will change in 2018....

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015

Amarpreetd said:
as for i know u need to match LICO for 3 people for years 2013, 2014 and 2015.....because when u submit the application family size is 3...for year 2016 again u have to meet LICO for 3 people.....but in 2017 and onwrds u have to meet the LICO for 4 people as u will be married and family sige will change in 2018....
I think that unfortunately you are wrong this time. If he got married in 2017 and inform CIC then he should meet LICO for 4 people for all previous years - 2013, 2014, 2015.

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012

Luda345 said:
I think that unfortunately you wrong this time. If he got married in 2017 and inform CIC then he should meet LICO for 4 people for all previous years - 2013, 2014, 2015.
I will be getting married after submitting application and when i called cic last time, they said your family six at the time of application is what you calculate your income based on.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015

jaski said:
I will be getting married after submitting application and when i called cic last time, they said your family six at the time of application is what you calculate your income based on.
You have to calculate LICO based on your CURRENT family members number but when you get married and inform CIC they will recalculate LICO. So make sure that you would meet recalculated LICO as well.

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012

Luda345 said:
You have to calculate LICO based on your CURRENT family members number but when you get married and inform CIC they will recalculate LICO. So make sure that you would meet recalculated LICO.
Yes they will recalculate but they are supposed to recalculate it from time of change of status which is 2017. I don't know but this is extremely wierd and confusing ??? ???

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015

jaski said:
Yes they will recalculate but they are supposed to recalculate it from time of change of status which is 2017. I don't know but this is extremely wierd and confusing ??? ???
Yes, it is weird but they will recalculate your LICO since 2013.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015

Luda345 said:
Yes, it is weird but they will recalculate your LICO since 2013.
I have asked and yes, they will recalculate LICO backdated to 3 years, so for example if you have a new born child, get married now, you will have to meet the LICO cut off in the past 3 years as well. They can reject the application up to the time they prepare to approve the first step so from the time you submit your application untill the application is approved if your family changes, you have to meet LICO cut off in the past as well.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015

Luda345 said:
I think that unfortunately you are wrong this time. If he got married in 2017 and inform CIC then he should meet LICO for 4 people for all previous years - 2013, 2014, 2015.
Yes that is correct, in my case, since I got married and have a child in the last year, the LICO is recalculated back to 2012 and I became not qualified! This is extremely unfair but it is how they are calculating the LICO, always based on the lastest family size and you have to maintain that all the way untill application is approved (many years later) so for example if you have 5 children in that time, it is very likely the application will be rejected

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015

jaski said:
You have to meet the LICO for 4 people in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and not 3 people. If you have a child later, you have to meet LICO for 2013 2014 and 2015 for 5 people (Note you will not have 2016 tax return when you apply in Jan 2017). You have to maintain your eligibility all the way till they approve your application (many years later). And yes, you MUST update your marital status and any changes in your family size when your application is in process, however you can include your spouse income as co-signer, she however must have income in Canada in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and not oversea income.

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012

deerestlovelybear said:
You have to meet the LICO for 4 people in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and not 3 people. If you have a child later, you have to meet LICO for 2014 2015 and 2016 for 5 people. You have to maintain your eligibility all the way till they approve your application (many years later). And yes, you MUST update your marital status and any changes in your family size when your application is in process, however you can include your spouse income as co-signer, she however must have income in Canada in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and not oversea income.

That is not fair at all amd it does not states any of this information in eligibility criteria on the cic website.