+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Rossei said:
Well, I noticed it on 7-Oct morning on CanadaPost with the update that Ottawa dispatched the passport at 6:19 PM on 6-Oct. I didn't check CP tracker during the evening of 6-Oct, so don't know when it actually started tracking.
Thanks. I agree that it is difficult to track so many things, even on daily basis.

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
As far I know, everything is communicated thru PA's email/account.

If your dad/mom never lived for more than 6 months in any country other than their home country & Canada; then just provide PCC (home country) for both of them.

Furthermore, wasn't there any message/email for PCC request? Follow their instructions rather guessing stuff from MyCIC. MyCIC is only good for checking updates and receiving messages.
That's the problem. I did not receive any email from CIC for this. In the PCC letter, they specified INDIA only.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
feelfreetoadviceme said:
That's the problem. I did not receive any email from CIC for this. In the PCC letter, they specified INDIA only.
I meant email/message or actual letter.

Anyway, if they asked for PCC (India), provide it for both of your parents.

N.BZ

Nov 11, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for my parents sponsorship in Jan 2016. I have recieved the AOR on Feb 02, 2016. I have also received SA on June 6 and the file is transferred to Ottawa office. I haven't had any update since then.
Today I created an online account to link it to my application to make sure I can see the most recent updates. But, unfortunately, it couldn't find my application. I tried several times but it wasn't working. any comment?

I made the online account using my father's name and date of birth as he is the primary applicant. I used both UCI and Application number to find the application. I also entered my father's passport information in the applicant's information part...Please let me know if any of these are not correct.

Thank you
Nazanin

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
N.BZ said:
Hi,

I have applied for my parents sponsorship in Jan 2016. I have recieved the AOR on Feb 02, 2016. I have also received SA on June 6 and the file is transferred to Ottawa office. I haven't had any update since then.
Today I created an online account to link it to my application to make sure I can see the most recent updates. But, unfortunately, it couldn't find my application. I tried several times but it wasn't working. any comment?

I made the online account using my father's name and date of birth as he is the primary applicant. I used both UCI and Application number to find the application. I also entered my father's passport information in the applicant's information part...Please let me know if any of these are not correct.

Thank you
Nazanin
Lot of people have issue in linking the application. Easy way to check status will be on ECAS. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
For MyCIC, try using the number for total number of applicants as 'your family size' + 'applicant family size'.

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I have a weird one... So, I received request to submit PCC for both my parents which was done back in October. I now received another PCC request from Australia for my mother. But the thing is, my mother has never lived in Australia in her life. She did go for a vacation there for about 10 days back in 1995 though... Should I be contacting IRCC to ask? If so, should I contact the local visa office (Singapore)? Thanks in advanced

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Something to look into...Implied Status
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#implied_status

bender said:
I received passport request letters today. However, my parents visa is going to expire in 6 days. Would it be long enough to send my passports to Ottawa before their visa expires? They are going to take flight back to native country in 6 days, not sure if I should send their passports to Ottawa today.

Thanks for your advice.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody knows how to contact London visa office.Anyone whose file is moving in London visa office ?

Thanks

S

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
mamaburger said:
Hey guys, I have a weird one... So, I received request to submit PCC for both my parents which was done back in October. I now received another PCC request from Australia for my mother. But the thing is, my mother has never lived in Australia in her life. She did go for a vacation there for about 10 days back in 1995 though... Should I be contacting IRCC to ask? If so, should I contact the local visa office (Singapore)? Thanks in advanced
Yes, contact CIC. I think I read a similar case on this thread. You may try searching as well.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
bender said:
I received passport request letters today. However, my parents visa is going to expire in 6 days. Would it be long enough to send my passports to Ottawa before their visa expires? They are going to take flight back to native country in 6 days, not sure if I should send their passports to Ottawa today.

Thanks for your advice.
Better submit passport from native country. Here there are cost and other factor associated.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
sapguru said:
Better submit passport from native country. Here there are cost and other factor associated.
what kind of factor you refer?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
bender said:

Thanks for your advice.
hey here are the things that i would see in your situation

sending the passport from your native
passport courier charge
again you have to travel back within the given time, unless you have planned for it
at their landing time, they will have to be alone and answer those landing questions
once they come here, they need to wait for minimum 8 weeks or more to get their pr card

sending passports from canada as they are here with you
courier cost
and then you can drive to the border with them, not much cost if you have your car
i am not sure whether you can be with them while they are do their landing, incase if the office allow you
postpone the return flight for 3 to 5 months on safer side, so that new cost you have to bare it
why 3 to 5 months is sometimes PR card they delay for many reasons, and meanwhile you can apply for OHIP and get the card, if you are in ontario, no idea about health insurance for other province

note: some one did tell about implied status, so u r not doing anything wrong in staying here and sending the passport for stamping the one time entry immigrant visa

N.BZ

Nov 11, 2016
Thank you for your reply.

I had already checked ECAS...it says decision made.
I tried the number for total number of applicants as 'your family size' + 'applicant family size...it didn't work though...I sent an email to CIC to report this issue...I hope they reply...

Is ECAS as updated as MyCIC?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
N.BZ said:
by the way, I don't know how to reply on my post...I'm very new to this...
find for the quote link instead of reply button, and when you see the page loaded with html tags, reply outside of the quote boxes