+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Re: important question - please help

jaski said:
That is not fair at all amd it does not states any of this information in eligibility criteria on the cic website.
I know it is insane and very unfair, but they made all this barriers to reduce the influx of parents right? So unless you are very well off and pay significant tax they will not allow you to sponsor. If someone anticipate to increase their family size (such as getting marriage or have kids in the near future) then you need to make sure your income in the last 3 years meet the maximum family size you expect to increase in the next 5 years since processing will take many years to reach approval of stage 1

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012

deerestlovelybear said:
I know it is insane and very unfair, but they made all this barriers to reduce the influx of parents right? So unless you are very well off and pay significant tax they will not allow you to sponsor. If someone anticipate to increase their family size (such as getting marriage or have kids in the near future) then you need to make sure your income in the last 3 years meet the maximum family size you expect to increase in the next 5 years since processing will take many years to reach approval of stage 1

Will it make any difference if i postpond my wedding by few months ?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

jaski said:
Marry and add ur wife income by making it cosigner. Ur wife should be earning in canada

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015

jaski said:
Only if you postpone your wedding till the day when your parents will get immigrant visas.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016

deerestlovelybear said:
You have to meet the LICO for 4 people in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and not 3 people. If you have a child later, you have to meet LICO for 2013 2014 and 2015 for 5 people (Note you will not have 2016 tax return when you apply in Jan 2017). You have to maintain your eligibility all the way till they approve your application (many years later). And yes, you MUST update your marital status and any changes in your family size when your application is in process, however you can include your spouse income as co-signer, she however must have income in Canada in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and not oversea income.
roosie u r the expert ....may be you can give some advise regarding this matter.....thanks

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012

Luda345 said:
Only if you postpone your wedding till the day when your parents will get immigrant visas.
LOL ! thats a joke, CIC cannot do that. my family size at time of application is 3 and i do meet the required for 2013,2014 and 2015 for three people. Then again i am getting married in February which is after the applications and everything is submitted. If they decided to reject my application saying that my family size changed in 2017 which makes no sense at all. I cannot add my spouse because she's in not in Canada. I will take them to court since there is nothing on the website that says that income requirement must meet the expected possible family size you can have till this application is processed. It is calculated on yearly basis for a reason. I will give it a try and I will challenge their decision in court because they cannot create their own rules unless they are mention legally.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016

jaski said:
LOL ! thats a joke, CIC cannot do that. my family size at time of application is 3 and i do meet the required for 2013,2014 and 2015 for three people. Then again i am getting married in February which is after the applications and everything is submitted. If they decided to reject my application saying that my family size changed in 2017 which makes no sense at all. I cannot add my spouse because she's in not in Canada. I will take them to court since there is nothing on the website that says that income requirement must meet the expected possible family size you can have till this application is processed. It is calculated on yearly basis for a reason. I will give it a try and I will challenge their decision in court because they cannot create their own rules unless they are mention legally.

i agree with u.....as far i know previous 3 years income us based on the size of your family at that date...which will be 3.. .but for year 2017 family size will increase to 4

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015

jaski said:
You can try to fight CIC. If your parents are not old and could wait.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
deerestlovelybear said:
You have to meet the LICO for 4 people in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and not 3 people. If you have a child later, you have to meet LICO for 2013 2014 and 2015 for 5 people (Note you will not have 2016 tax return when you apply in Jan 2017). You have to maintain your eligibility all the way till they approve your application (many years later). And yes, you MUST update your marital status and any changes in your family size when your application is in process, however you can include your spouse income as co-signer, she however must have income in Canada in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and not oversea income.

This is utterly incorrect. You have to maintain the new income LICO after the family size changes. For previous years it based upon the old family size.

Please do not disseminate INCORRECT INFORMATION

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
avi_15 said:
This is utterly incorrect. You have to maintain the new income LICO after the family size changes. For previous years it based upon the old family size.

true

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avi_15 said:

Agreed

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
I found the operational bulletin http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf and it says (page 49):
Change in circumstances
22.1. Reassessment of income after giving an undertaking
R134(2)
allows calculation of the sponsor's income if it no longer appears to meet the requirement of R133(1)(j)
. The new calculation is based on the 12-month period that precedes the day the officer receives the information.
22.2. When to reassess income
Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information is received or brought to an officer's attention that indicates that the sponsor may no longer meet minimum necessary income requirements.

So in general - 12 months period preceding the day the officer receives the information. But this bulletin is dated by 2011 and there were a lot of changes since 2011.

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Luda345 said:
I found the operational bulletin http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf and it says (page 49):
Change in circumstances
22.1. Reassessment of income after giving an undertaking
R134(2)
allows calculation of the sponsor's income if it no longer appears to meet the requirement of R133(1)(j)
. The new calculation is based on the 12-month period that precedes the day the officer receives the information.
22.2. When to reassess income
Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information is received or brought to an officer's attention that indicates that the sponsor may no longer meet minimum necessary income requirements.

So in general - 12 months period preceding the day the officer receives the information. But this bulletin is dated by 2011 and there were a lot of changes since 2011.

Yes and there is nothing saying that you have to expect your family size for upcoming 6 or what so ever years and start showing income for your unexpected or unborn kids. Income is based on family soze every year, this is how it was previously. The only thing changed is requirement of three years of income instead of just one year. Before issuing visa officer might or will asses or re evaluate income based on current family size and current income.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi members, has anyone received request from CIC for latest proof of income after submitting the application. Lets say the application was submitted in 2016. Have anyone received request from CIC for Notice of assessment for onwards years.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
UOC said:
Hi members, has anyone received request from CIC for latest proof of income after submitting the application. Lets say the application was submitted in 2016. Have anyone received request from CIC for Notice of assessment for onwards years.
some applicants from 2014 and 2015 received as per forum......don't think any one from 2016