+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

TinaA

Oct 11, 2016
Appreciate if anybody could direct me through my questions filling the form 1344. in page 2, part Sponsor eligibility assessment, question 4. it is asking " Do you reside in Canada and in no other country?" I am a PR now and am originally from Iraq. so, my answer to this should be "No"?

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
i totally agree with you ;D lucky for me i got this info by writing ;)

random hero said:
I go with what i see in written as i can go always revert to that if they screw up ! i dont really trust what an agent tells me because i would never know what he ate that day :p

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Ok. I have some more information now about the log-in problem that started since Friday, October, 14 for some of us.

I just found out that there is a way to contact the team responsible for GCKey system in the government. This a 24 hour-7 days a week office that you can reach at 1-855-438-1102. I talked to the agent about the issue with CIC. Before I finish, he told me that they are fully aware of this technical issue. He said that they expect to resolve this on/by Monday.

So, I am more comfortable now. At least, we know that somebody is working on this and there is a right point of contact out there.

bender

Jun 16, 2016
Rossei said:
Usually, in the PPR correspondence, it's all described what to do/where to send if your parents are in Canada (or somewhere else). If your parents are in Canada and will stay here for at least 3 more months; CIC tells you to submit passports to CPC-O via CanadaPost.

Read my post re: this instructions:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-parents-in-2015-t248893.0.html;msg5476931#msg5476931
Hi Rossei,

Do you know if there is any clinics in GTA area that is easy to pass the ME?

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
Even your wife does not work, she will be the main sponsor and you will be co-spnsor and use your income.

mani_7835 said:
Thanks Rossei for sharing your thoughts.

If any one else has gone through this situation I would appreciate to hear from them there experience.

I have another question here, as We are thinking of applying for sponsoring my wife's parents and my wife is not working for past 3 years as we had kid and she is taking care of him. But We would qualify with my income.
Now here, I wanted to ask that would my wife be the main applicant and I will be the Co-signer and we would have to submit Option-C for both my wife and myself or Only I can sponsor my in-laws.?

Thanks in advance

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys, I am just wondering if the income threshold must be 3 consecutive years? In one of the year I was studying so my income does not meet the threshold but I have 3 other years that meet the requirements, will that count?

ndhillon

Jan 24, 2012
Daniala said:
Ok. I have some more information now about the log-in problem that started since Friday, October, 14 for some of us.

I just found out that there is a way to contact the team responsible for GCKey system in the government. This a 24 hour-7 days a week office that you can reach at 1-855-438-1102. I talked to the agent about the issue with CIC. Before I finish, he told me that they are fully aware of this technical issue. He said that they expect to resolve this on/by Monday.

So, I am more comfortable now. At least, we know that somebody is working on this and there is a right point of contact out there.
I called GC key helpdesk this morning, and I was told that they are aware of the problem but dont have an expected resolution date. This problem is at CIC side and they know that it is being worked upon but CIC hasnt shared any resolution timeframe with them.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
deerestlovelybear said:
Hi guys, I am just wondering if the income threshold must be 3 consecutive years? In one of the year I was studying so my income does not meet the threshold but I have 3 other years that meet the requirements, will that count?
Unfortunately, not. The income has to be 3 consecutive years.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Daniala said:

What is your LVO? email them and tell them the story is XYZ and ask them to provide you with latest updates by email rather than in messages in your cic account as its not working !

xzev

Sep 25, 2016
TinaA said:
Appreciate if anybody could direct me through my questions filling the form 1344. in page 2, part Sponsor eligibility assessment, question 4. it is asking " Do you reside in Canada and in no other country?" I am a PR now and am originally from Iraq. so, my answer to this should be "No"?
You are a PR in Canada so you do live in Canada. Therefore the answer should be Yes.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
bender said:
Hi Rossei,

Do you know if there is any clinics in GTA area that is easy to pass the ME?
Not anymore as I don't live in GTA. Back in 2011, when I applied for my PR, I did go to Dr. Vicente Pinilla at College St. He seemed very easy going, but his is not in the Panel Physician list anymore.

Anyway, I don't think there is any doctor in Canada who would let senior parents pass ME "easily". They are bound to follow CIC procedure. Who would want to jeopardize their license to practice?

In a nutshell, the doctor will go through parent's medical history. He will do a full-body checkup (like your family physician does) including blood pressure. He will also perform a vision test. By default, you have to provide blood and urine for HIV, STD etc. and do a chest X-ray. If a parent has a history of diabetes/hypertension etc; the doctor will mostly likely instruct you to do additional blood/urine tests. Besides, they are also keen on finding any issue with the kidney. Having diabetes/hypertension history may require kidney function tests (blood (creatinine) test, ultrasound etc.).

If you want to prep yourself and your parents, you can go through IMM5419 (Medical questionnaire) and other related forms from CIC website. Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
No visible movement is not good in fast paced PGP applications processing.

There has been minimal updates to the PGP applications in last 2 weeks for Ottawa LVO. So what is keeping Ottawa LVO so busy? When can the applicants with submitted Medical and PCC docs expect an updates?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
sapguru said:
The general observation is that the applications workload is balanced between Ottawa and LVOs of native country. It is random, but probability of Ottawa office is high for parents visiting Canada.

For your PCC from India, you may contact BLS to process it for you. It may take 4 to 6 weeks though for them to process it. Alternatively, you may check with state government if someone in India can submit PCC application on behalf of your parents. For Punjab, it is possible to have representative. For Chandigarh, it may not be possible. Every state is going by their own rule. The PCC can take longer if the parents stayed at more than one place for 6 months.
Hey, thanks for your reply, what is BLS? Passport Kendra office says, the respective applicant should walk in to their office to submit the application for PCC.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
kilamans said:
Hey, thanks for your reply, what is BLS? Passport Kendra office says, the respective applicant should walk in to their office to submit the application for PCC.
If your parents are in Canada, then they can apply to BLS - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ or alternatively have a representative apply in India at SP Office.
If they are in India, they should apply at the SP (Superintendent of Police) office and not Passport office. Some states allow to submit online, like - http://punjabpolice.gov.in/cprc.aspx, https://chdscrb.in/Registration.aspx
CIC guideline - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Hope it helps.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
sapguru said:
If your parents are in Canada, then they can apply to BLS - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ or alternatively have a representative apply in India at SP Office.
If they are in India, they should apply at the SP (Superintendent of Police) office and not Passport office. Some states allow to submit online, like - http://punjabpolice.gov.in/cprc.aspx, https://chdscrb.in/Registration.aspx
CIC guideline - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Hope it helps.
Hey,
Thank you once again for the quick reply, about BLS link, yet to investigate. however my parents are still in chennai\India.
For Tamil Naud or Chennai, PCC are given thru Passport Seva Kendra --> http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
Note: in this link when you click for appointments, it does have chandigarh too