+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
dchoudh said:
You are right...after multiple attempts till date I was able to link my app now...below is what i did...

1> Selected APP # and Family name...
2> Kept City and Country of Birth as BLANK
3> Entered Passport details of Principal Applicant
4> Entered Other application Details and in that..."Number of family members"..mentioned this time as 4...instead of 6 as my family numbers are as below...

Myself (Sponsor)+Wife (Co-Signer)+ 2 Kids+Parents (Father and Mother)

CIC considered total number as 4 instead of 6...though i mentioned 6 in the application package...i.e. including 2 kids.
Thanks so much! With your help I was able to link my dad's app! I tried so many times but I guess the family size was the key point! I always tried 2 and 6, never tried 4... You think the children should count! Thank you once again!

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Today I received an email from my consultant which is sent by cpc Mississauga confirming that it was an error and now my file is transferred to cpc Ottawa.The email is dt.August22. Rossie please update in my timeline.I am in India and my wife is in Canada upto 2nd week of January.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
kartt said:
Thanks so much! With your help I was able to link my dad's app! I tried so many times but I guess the family size was the key point! I always tried 2 and 6, never tried 4... You think the children should count! Thank you once again!
You are welcome...I am happy that we now know the reason behind the family size...and how to link it...

wingelandhugo

Aug 24, 2016
jhutti said:
may be they will check for last year 2015 only. Did you met 5 people income for year 2015. Indeed it will be regrettable situation if you get rejected.
Also what was so exciting to tell cic when you clearly was already approved and know that did not qualify under 5 people
I did meet 2015 income for 5 people. Only 2013 did not meet. I waited 2 months after received approval email then to inform CIC about my baby born. I'm afraid it will cause problem if I did not inform them the family size changed at all.
Thank you for your comment.

wingelandhugo

Aug 24, 2016
dadaum said:
2016 then number 5 will count from 2016.You need not worry.You send the documents of 2015.
Thank you for your comment. CIC also ask me send the IMM5768 Financial Evaluation form for 2013, 2014 and 2015. Should i need to indicate family size is 5 instead of 4? (My baby born on 2016)

wingelandhugo

Aug 24, 2016
bender said:
Hi, I am in a similar situation.
I sponsored my parents, and I am getting married soon. So I have to proactively inform Ottawa. So other than IMM5768 Financial Evaluation form for 2013, 2014, 2015, what other form do I need to fill out?

For your situation, I think you only need to satisfy the requirement from 2016 onwards for 5, 2013/2014/2015 for 4.
Thank you for your comment. You do not need to fill out any forms when you inform them online. Probably they will send you an email later to reassess your financial eligibility.

sandrachacha

Apr 20, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I sponsored my parents in the first 5000 batch this year. The embassy in Bogota just requested the medicals and passports of both of my parents but my mom is coming with the super visa this Sunday and will stay for 3 months with me. The passport and the medicals must be sent within 30 days. What should we do? My mom is calling the embassy but haven't been able to communicate with them. I know she can do the medicals here but what about the passport? Anyone else with the same issue?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sandrachacha said:
Hi Everyone,

I sponsored my parents in the first 5000 batch this year. The embassy in Bogota just requested the medicals and passports of both of my parents but my mom is coming with the super visa this Sunday and will stay for 3 months with me. The passport and the medicals must be sent within 30 days. What should we do? My mom is calling the embassy but haven't been able to communicate with them. I know she can do the medicals here but what about the passport? Anyone else with the same issue?

Is it too late to cancel the air-ticket?

I'm saying this because this is your PPR for visa stamping provided the medical is fine. If you take a look at alefita's case in 2015 spreadsheet, Bogota LVO acts pretty fast in later stage. If you mom comes here this weekend, then you have to notify LVO that she is here and ask for passport submission to Ottawa. This may delay the processing a bit.

sandrachacha

Apr 20, 2011
Rossei said:
Is it too late to cancel the air-ticket?

I'm saying this because this is your PPR for visa stamping provided the medical is fine. If you take a look at alefita's case in 2015 spreadsheet, Bogota LVO acts pretty fast in later stage. If you mom comes here this weekend, then you have to notify LVO that she is here and ask for passport submission to Ottawa. This may delay the processing a bit.
Thanks Rossie for you reply! She can still cancel her ticket. I just looked Alefita's case and it took around 1 month to receive the permanent residency after medicals were requested. Even though is sad she will have to cancel her trip, it is so exciting this process was sooo short and it almost coming to an end. thank you again for all your help, I couldn't have done this without this forum.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sandrachacha said:
Thanks Rossie for you reply! She can still cancel her ticket. I just looked Alefita's case and it took around 1 month to receive the permanent residency after medicals were requested. Even though is sad she will have to cancel her trip, it is so exciting this process was sooo short and it almost coming to an end. thank you again for all your help, I couldn't have done this without this forum.
That's what I wanted to say. Although it may be all fine if she comes here, do medical, send it to Bogota and asks their permission to submit passport to Ottawa. It can all work out. But since your case is moving so smooth and Bogota seems to give PR Visa within weeks; it's better to lose some $$$ and process it within Bogota's scope. Besides, it would be unwise to send passport overseas when you're a visitor here.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
That's what I wanted to say. Although it may be all fine if she comes here, do medical, send it to Bogota and asks their permission to submit passport to Ottawa. It can all work out. But since your case is moving so smooth and Bogota seems to give PR Visa within weeks; it's better to lose some $$$ and process it within Bogota's scope. Besides, it would be unwise to send passport overseas when you're a visitor here.
Hi Rossei: By looking at some passport request template letters from visa offices, it appears they all do allow people who reside in Canada, or intend to be in Canada for at least 3 months, at the time of PPR, to send the original passport to CPC-Ottawa for visa stamping. Ottawa takes approximately 2 weeks to complete the visa stamping and return. So it really doesn't make a big difference if applicant decides to stay at home country or go visit Canada in the meantime.

You do not need to advise LVO of mailing address change when you come to Canada. Since the PA is coming to Canada as visitor she can send her passport to CPC-Ottawa when the LVO (Bogota) calls her for the final step.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
sandrachacha said:
Hi Everyone,

i have the same situation.

my mother did medicals here in canada and LVO in beirut mentioned for the passport visa stamp it can be done in Canada as well.

best thing is that you email your LVO and ask.

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Re: Tips for 2015 (Future) PGP Applicants

dchoudh said:
You are right...after multiple attempts till date I was able to link my app now...below is what i did...

4> Entered Other application Details and in that..."Number of family members"..mentioned this time as 4...instead of 6 as my family numbers are as below...

CIC considered total number as 4 instead of 6...though i mentioned 6 in the application package...i.e. including 2 kids.

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Re: when your parents sponsorshp 2014

dchoudh said: