+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
spidec said:
Congrats MissFrowz! That is wonderful. My parents did their medical on August 16 and waiting for remaining police certificates to be sent to Singapore LVO. That is relatively quick for Pretoria LVO. Just wondering how long did you have to wait for your police checks and what additional documents did you have to submit. ::) :D
Pretoria LVO is really working hard. My coworker's husband got PR through spouse sponsorship in just 3 months; he landed in July! Police clearance from Zimbabwe took just 5 days. Additional documents included further details regarding my dad's work as a political activist, IMM5669 and IMM5406 for my brother (he was under 18 when we submitted so he didn't have to fill these documents, but he turned 18 in March so had to do them afterwards), and my dad had to undergo additional tests for his medical exam due to hypertension and diabetes.

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
Thanks, ABD12345.

Mine had changed too to starting August 18. Yeah!

ABD12345 said:
There was nothing in the beginning, but now there is a line added stating we have started processing your file on 19th August.

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
I have a question and please let me know if you have the answer. My parents are here on Supervisa for the past several years. My dad went back last September and obtained Chinese police records for both of my parents then came back to Canada after a month. My mom went back in March for a month. So my question is: do I need to obtain new police records for both of them since the records were issued more than 6 months ago even though they were the most updated records for them as from last September, they have not lived in China for more than 6 month? I know I need police records for them in Canada, since they have been living here for longer than 6 months. It's a little confusing. Anyone who has any knowledge about this?
Much appreciated.

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
kartt said:
I have a question and please let me know if you have the answer. My parents are here on Supervisa for the past several years. My dad went back last September and obtained Chinese police records for both of my parents then came back to Canada after a month. My mom went back in March for a month. So my question is: do I need to obtain new police records for both of them since the records were issued more than 6 months ago even though they were the most updated records for them as from last September, they have not lived in China for more than 6 month? I know I need police records for them in Canada, since they have been living here for longer than 6 months. It's a little confusing. Anyone who has any knowledge about this?
Much appreciated.
If the police certificate was not issued longer than 6 months from the date your application is received at the visa office, it will be valid. For example, if HongKong received your file in June 2016, your PCC should not be issued before Jan 1 2016.

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
mrwestjet said:
If the police certificate was not issued longer than 6 months from the date your application is received at the visa office, it will be valid. For example, if HongKong received your file in June 2016, your PCC should not be issued before Jan 1 2016.
Thanks, mrwestjet,

you meant the LVO, not the Mississauga case processing centre, right? My parents file were sent to Ottawa, but it's the same as HK office, just different location.

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
kartt said:
Much appreciated.
I found this on the CIC website:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

So my parents have been living here since last September, and they need one from Canada. They last lived in China before 2014, so they only need a record that's issued after they came to live in Canada.

Is my understanding of this statement correct?

pirates of sandvip

Jul 10, 2014
Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello members,

My mother's application status says 'In process' at Singapore VO. Should we send medical report as well as police clearance now to the Singapore VO.

Please Advise,

Thanks in Advance.

bender

Jun 16, 2016
kartt said:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

So my parents have been living here since last September, and they need one from Canada. They last lived in China before 2014, so they only need a record that's issued after they came to live in Canada.

Yes, you are right

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
kartt said:

You do not need to submit Police Clearance for Canada unless specifically required by your visa office.

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
congratulations!!! you just made my day ;) i am so happy for you
good luck to the rest of us ;) :D if one of us had his ppr then our turns are coming :)

MissFrowz said:
Hi forum members. I have some good news to share! My family got PPR today from Pretoria LVO. MyCIC still says background check is "in process" and ECas just says "medical results have been received". I applied for mum, dad, and younger brother. They submitted medicals and additional documents on August 8. I'll also update my info on the spreadsheet.

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
For the applicants who got transferred to HK visa office, have you got any updates after submitting medical exam report and police certificate? My mum submitted hers in the middle of July, but with no updates neither online nor by email so far. :(

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
r3su1 said:
For the applicants who got transferred to HK visa office, have you got any updates after submitting medical exam report and police certificate? My mum submitted hers in the middle of July, but with no updates neither online nor by email so far. :(
same here no update after medical and PCC submission on 6th Aug in New Delhi office.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
i received today the request for PCC from my home country only, they never asked to provide pcc for any country where the applicant stayed over 6 months which is my mother's case. do you think i should send them the certificates of other countries before they ask or i have to wait until they ask ?it would be nice to send all at once instead the back and forth !

they didnt request medical yet, they are just asking for PCC, RPRF and a document called supplementary information form which is a specific document to my LVO - Beirut