+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
random hero said:
i received today the request for PCC from my home country only, they never asked to provide pcc for any country where the applicant stayed over 6 months which is my mother's case. do you think i should send them the certificates of other countries before they ask or i have to wait until they ask ?it would be nice to send all at once instead the back and forth !

they didnt request medical yet, they are just asking for PCC, RPRF and a document called supplementary information form which is a specific document to my LVO - Beirut
and i just found that they requested medical through the online link application message board and not through a the email they sent me asking for PCC ! im not sure what is the difference but its good that i just checked the messages for my application that i was able to link last week after several attempts of failures !

ahrpk

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
random hero said:
and i just found that they requested medical through the online link application message board and not through a the email they sent me asking for PCC ! im not sure what is the difference but its good that i just checked the messages for my application that i was able to link last week after several attempts of failures !
Hello, after seeing your post, checked my cic account and found out the medical request. Havent got any email.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
random hero said:
Did u get notification that new message is inbox. Or u just check by chance by logging in to find medicals

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahrpk said:
Hello, after seeing your post, checked my cic account and found out the medical request. Havent got any email.
So y
U did not get any email notification that a new message is in inbox. This is scary

Maggie2016

May 10, 2016
Anyone from the Jan 5th batch received any updates after receiving AOR? Seems like the Jan 4 batch is progressing along, most of the Jan 5 batch have been status quo.

ahrpk

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
PearDormouse said:
From what I've seen so far, notification is sent approximately 24h after application update.
Just checked. Email is there stating that a new message is in the inbox.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
jhutti said:
Did u get notification that new message is inbox. Or u just check by chance by logging in to find medicals
i received an email saying "you have a new message in your account for application xxxxx"

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
NDVO is silent since sooooooo many days.The figure of 10 applicants who received IME etc out of 17 is static since many days. :eek: :mad:

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
prcanada said:
What is meant by "linking the applications?"
For some paper applications (i.e. PGP), you can get detailed application status and your mail online. You can do this by linking an application to an online account (MyCIC). Through your account, you will be able to see the most up-to-date information about your application.

Learn more: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

rg1234

Jan 24, 2014
Can someone help me in identifying where I am making mistake

1. I have a GC Key Login account for my mother since we applied her Super Visa
2. Using this account trying to link the my mother PR application
3. Selecting the Category as PR under Family Class
4. Providing the application number, family name, number of applicants as 4 and providing all other details but it is saying unable to find the record

Any guess....where I could be making mistake. Thanks in advance.

I am from Jan 5th 10:01 Fex batch and haven't received SA yet.

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
I see most people receiving Police certificate and Medical requests together from LVO.

The Sao Paulo LVO seems to do it differently. They requested Police certificate only on August 2nd (emailed back attaching the certificates on Aug 8th) and now I am waiting for medical.

I know that I should not be that anxious considering the original expectation was for it to take 4-6 years, but now they spoiled us and I want things to move fast :D

Anyone in the same situation (Police certificate and medical requests separately)? If so, how long after PCC was submitted you received the request for Medical?

thanks guys!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rg1234 said:
Can someone help me in identifying where I am making mistake

1. I have a GC Key Login account for my mother since we applied her Super Visa
2. Using this account trying to link the my mother PR application
3. Selecting the Category as PR under Family Class
4. Providing the application number, family name, number of applicants as 4 and providing all other details but it is saying unable to find the record

Any guess....where I could be making mistake. Thanks in advance.

I am from Jan 5th 10:01 Fex batch and haven't received SA yet.
Some people are able to link the application before receiving SA and some people are able to link the application after getting SA.
I haven't received SA yet and can't link the application. I have tried numerous methods but nothing worked.
All I can say is try various combinations of data and if that does not help, wait for few more days and try to re-link again.