+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mesohilo ,

Was just wondering if you got any further news since u submitted online Option C.

S

Mesohilo said:
got a similar e-mail. called them and the agent said that if the letter stated I could upload, upload was fine and I did not need to mail the originals.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
called cic again today and was told a communication was sent to me june 1 :eek:.. when I said I didn't receive anything they said she has put a note to have it emailed to me again.. lets see :mad:

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
random hero said:
lili2013

Im from quebec as well and i received AOR in feb and i got my SA on June 23rd then the file got transferred to beirut. you should just wait for SA, which batch were you on ? i was with UPS first 5k.
Thanks. I was with FEDEX first 5K and 9:20 am Jan 4th.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Navven, I think that's what many people who have the files transferred to Delhi have been saying on the forum.

Didnt they ask you for PCC from India and Canada?

And regarding the point "The documents listed in the attached Document Checklist for Family Class – Parents & Grandparents" are you supposed to send one more package of all documents (docs, option c, payment receipt etc) which we sent initially or do they have an attachment with the list

naveen73

Mar 10, 2012
Basically they have asked for everything except sponsorship related docs, below are the list of docs requested

Document Checklist for Family Class – Parents & Grandparents

q Current and valid mailing address.

q If available: a valid email address which you authorize us to use as a means of communication for any further follow-up on your application in order to expedite processing.

q Documents which clearly establish the relationship between you and your sponsor as well as between you and your accompanying family members. Please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your sponsor’s old Indian passport showing the sponsor’s name and the parents’ names, Indian marriage certificates showing parents’ names, and voter identification cards. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Documents that clearly establish the relationship between you and your accompanying family members. If you have dependants under 22 years of age, please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your dependant’s old Indian passport showing his/her name and the parents’ names. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Updated educational documents for your accompanying dependant(s) 22 years of age and above at the time of sponsorship.

o Original birth certificates issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths along with a translated copy.

o Copy of all pages of your dependant’s current and previous (if applicable) passport(s).

o Copy of your dependent’s voter I-card.

o ORIGINAL education document(s) for your dependant(s):

a. 5th standard certificate and mark sheet

b. 8th standard certificate and mark sheet

c. 10th standard certificate and mark sheet

d. 12th standard certificate and mark sheet

o Educational documents such as

a. Original mark statements and certificates.

b. Diplomas, university degrees, and trade certificates.

c. A letter from the institute or college stating his/her present course of studies.

Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Updated police clearance certificates for you and your dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, from every country where you or your dependant(s) have spent a period of six months or more. All police certificates should not be greater than 12 months old. For information on how to apply for a police certificate, see our website:

q A travel history form for you and for all dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, declaring all travel undertaken. This form is also available on our website at the following address:

q Payment of your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada. If already paid, please e-mail a scan of the payment receipt to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca. Please attach a copy of the receipt with your forms to our office. If we do not receive a copy of the receipt, we will consider it as unpaid. For more information, your sponsor should consult the following:

q Three (3) updated photographs each for you and for each of your accompanying dependants. For each person, make sure that their name is written on the back of at least one photo. The photos must be no more than 6 months old. Photograph specifications can be found on our website at the following address:

q PHOTOCOPIES of your current valid passport bio page (inside front cover), back page (the family information page at the inside back cover), for you and your accompanying family members. If your passports have any observations (e.g. extending their validity), please include photocopies of the observations. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 years of age must have been taken within the last 3 years; for a child between the ages of 7 and 18, within the last 5 years. If you do not have a valid passport, you are requested to obtain one so as to be able to comply with this request *****DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S) AT THIS TIME*****

q If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter. You may photocopy the attached form as required.

q Original death certificate of your spouse with certified English translation, if applicable.

akumar1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
digandhi said:
Hello,

can someone guide me please on my query raised yesterday?
Hi digandi,

I am gone through the process already and can provide the information for your query.

1. PCC from USA or FBI clearance:
a. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks - Read the instructions and apply asap. Processing time is high subject
to approval.
OR
b. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/fbi-approved-channelers - Best options for you as parent are from USA.
Google 'FBI Channelers your - US location (state)'. This will usually give you certain approved channelers. Call them and get it done. I got it
from a local channeler in NJ from a UPS store. Results came back in 4 hrs even though they it takes 72 hours (online).

2. PCC from India (USA - Indian Consulate): Reference to Indian Consulate NYC
a. http://www.indiacgny.org/pages.php?id=76 - Point 8 for fees.
b. http://www.indiacgny.org/pages.php?id=77 - How to apply. Very secured and fast process of approx. 2-3 weeks.
Note: If you can go personally then length of processing is short.

I hope this information help you in getting the PCC's. Shoot me a question or PM me to share ph no if need to talk.
Good Luck!

Anmol

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
naveen73 said:
Basically they have asked for everything except sponsorship related docs, below are the list of docs requested

q If available: a valid email address which you authorize us to use as a means of communication for any further follow-up on your application in order to expedite processing.

q Documents which clearly establish the relationship between you and your sponsor as well as between you and your accompanying family members. Please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your sponsor’s old Indian passport showing the sponsor’s name and the parents’ names, Indian marriage certificates showing parents’ names, and voter identification cards. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Documents that clearly establish the relationship between you and your accompanying family members. If you have dependants under 22 years of age, please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your dependant’s old Indian passport showing his/her name and the parents’ names. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Updated educational documents for your accompanying dependant(s) 22 years of age and above at the time of sponsorship.

o Original birth certificates issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths along with a translated copy.

o Copy of all pages of your dependant’s current and previous (if applicable) passport(s).

c. A letter from the institute or college stating his/her present course of studies.

Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Updated police clearance certificates for you and your dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, from every country where you or your dependant(s) have spent a period of six months or more. All police certificates should not be greater than 12 months old. For information on how to apply for a police certificate, see our website:

q A travel history form for you and for all dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, declaring all travel undertaken. This form is also available on our website at the following address:

q Payment of your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada. If already paid, please e-mail a scan of the payment receipt to CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca. Please attach a copy of the receipt with your forms to our office. If we do not receive a copy of the receipt, we will consider it as unpaid. For more information, your sponsor should consult the following:

q Three (3) updated photographs each for you and for each of your accompanying dependants. For each person, make sure that their name is written on the back of at least one photo. The photos must be no more than 6 months old. Photograph specifications can be found on our website at the following address:

q PHOTOCOPIES of your current valid passport bio page (inside front cover), back page (the family information page at the inside back cover), for you and your accompanying family members. If your passports have any observations (e.g. extending their validity), please include photocopies of the observations. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 years of age must have been taken within the last 3 years; for a child between the ages of 7 and 18, within the last 5 years. If you do not have a valid passport, you are requested to obtain one so as to be able to comply with this request *****DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S) AT THIS TIME*****

q If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter. You may photocopy the attached form as required.

q Original death certificate of your spouse with certified English translation, if applicable.
Strange!!!...NDVO asked for so many additional docs...that too some of them as "Original"??? How do we get it back if we send Original?

ShiftyTinCan

Jan 11, 2016
dchoudh said:
Strange!!!...NDVO asked for so many additional docs...that too some of them as "Original"??? How do we get it back if we send Original?
Agreed. I am hoping after they review the documents and are satisfied, they will send all the originals back.

PGP_from_RH

Feb 2, 2016
I thought I could forget about this forum for a few years, but things are moving quickly apparently. My 2016 application is now ahead of my 2013 one. Amazing...

I just got a note that I am approved as a sponsor and that the case is moved to CPC-Ottawa. Is this the last step where they do the background check and that sometime they send to the country of origin? In other words, once Ottawa is done with it, do they still need to send back to the country of origin?

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
I've just received an email with SA. I am from the Purolator 9:43 batch :)

The file is forwarded to Ottawa instead of Ukraine, though I don't see any logic here. I applied for my mom + her husband (my dad passed away), so I really thought this case is more complex and should go to the local visa office.
However, I am happy with Ottawa :)
Good luck everyone!!

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
irinako said:

The file is forwarded to Ottawa instead of Ukraine, though I don't see any logic here. I applied for my mom + her husband (my dad passed away), so I really thought this case is more complex and should go to the local visa office.
Good luck everyone!!
Why some cases are forwarded to Ottawa some to other visa office? What's the difference? I received SA letter on July 4, saying that the file has been transferred to Hong Kong visa office. I don't know exactly why.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
JL2015 said:
Why some cases are forwarded to Ottawa some to other visa office? What's the difference? I received SA letter on July 4, saying that the file has been transferred to Hong Kong visa office. I don't know exactly why.
No one know the exact logic of why and how of how LVO is selected...but if you read previous blogs...you would come to know what people from this group mostly suspect...also now all offices are connected...hence it can go anywhere...

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
naveen73 said:

goodness in hell, so many documents :(

I dont think I even have many of these :(

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

A quick question if you can help.

I was asked to submit OPTION C print outs that i did submit online on the CIC site and i called to check if that have been received and they said yes it have been loaded.The agent was not willing to give any other info.

So if loading online OPTION c is enough or i have to proceed with postal as well.

Thanks

S

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
irinako said:

Good luck everyone!!
Irina, congratulations! And yes, I don't see any logic in arranging LVOs too :).