01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kilamans said:
HI All,

reg sponsor's job and income..

what is the priority here, being in Canada or having the income level?
1. sponsor being in Canada but not meeting LICO table after CIC accepted the application (CC charged, AOR received, file moved to 2nd stage)?
2. sponsor meeting the LICO table even after family size is changed and through out the processing times but not consistently staying in Canada irrespective reason, however tax is filed without fail?

Lets assume in both cases sponsor has genuine reasons...
So which is more important here? OR is it case by case OR purely officers decision...
Both are equally important and you have to meet both requirements to sponsor your parents. You must be living in Canada AND you must be making sufficient income. It doesn't matter if the sponsor has genuine reasons. You have to meet both requirements to qualify to sponsor your parents. These are black and white rules - not case by case.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
To jhutti and sycilla

both of you explained it clearly, however we cant meet the LICO table every year bcoz its increasing.
my situation, I am a contractor, its an open secret that people earn money more than what is being declared, in this case every year 2000 to 3000 is being increased and the total duration of the PGP PR is 4 years minimum, people like me cannot save any money...

I do agree that a decent income should be earned by the sponsor based on the old/new family size.. or atleast show the total income in business/incorporation but line 150 shows less for irrespective reason

but are we sure that LICO table should be met every year through out the processing time, till the date PR is granted for parents/gparents???

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Do we know when the Liberal will present Immigration Plan for 2016? I see that the Parliament will resume on Jan 25.
This year plan will shed a clear line on how willing the Liberal will be to accept parents in years to come, how many visas to be granted, etc.

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
canadian2016 said:
Thanks for the info. Actually, I am not blaming myself at all - I did everything correctly given the information that I had at the time. People who didn't make the cap last year had a better idea what to expect, and so paid local courier companies which - for a substantial fee - guaranteed that they'd overnight near the CIC door in order to be first in line. What I am not happy about is the statement that McCallum [Canada's Immigration Minister] made recently: "If you're telling me that we could find a better way to handle this so that people don't have to pay these high fees to couriers, than I accept the point... The exercise has been completed now for 2016 but we will have a year to figure out ways in which we might improve that process for the next year." Please don't tell me that the CIC did not anticipate this problem. Last year, the cap was met within 1.5 days, and they knew that all thousands of applications that they did not accept would be coming the first thing in the morning on January 4. They simply did not bother to do anything about it.
yes, they did what you'll do next year

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kilamans said:
but are we sure that LICO table should be met every year through out the processing time, till the date PR is granted for parents/gparents???
Yes this is 100% accurate. You must continue to meet the new LICO amounts in upcoming years, right up till parents PR app is approved. CIC will ask for new income proofs near the end of the process. Also if you have another child, your family size will increase from that year and LICO amount will increase accordingly.
So you need to make sure you and your spouse (if you have co-signer) continue to meet updated LICO amounts, else your app will probably be rejected later.

vnexpress said:
Do we know when the Liberal will present Immigration Plan for 2016? I see that the Parliament will resume on Jan 25.
This year plan will shed a clear line on how willing the Liberal will be to accept parents in years to come, how many visas to be granted, etc.
BAsed on their promise to increase cap to 10,000, I would make an educated guess they will eventually keep PGP PR visas issued each year to around 20,000 total (assuming average of 2 parents per application), and possibly in the short term will issue more to get rid of the backlog.

spdewan

Dec 7, 2013
I have a question regarding PGP application process. My understanding is that its a two step process.In first stage PgP application is approved in Canada and for the second stage its sent to the country where parents are living for medical and visa. Both stages have different timelines.

My question is that once first stage is complete can you have the second step processed in canada? my parents have super visa so they might probably be here at that time. however in the application i entered the country of residents as their parent country. if anyone have any knowledge or experience please share.

My credit card is charged recently and i am assuming my application is accepted this year 2016

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
spdewan said:
I have a question regarding PGP application process. My understanding is that its a two step process.In first stage PgP application is approved in Canada and for the second stage its sent to the country where parents are living for medical and visa. Both stages have different timelines.

My question is that once first stage is complete can you have the second step processed in canada? my parents have super visa so they might probably be here at that time. however in the application i entered the country of residents as their parent country. if anyone have any knowledge or experience please share.

My credit card is charged recently and i am assuming my application is accepted this year 2016
Yes, it is possible as per my understanding. If your parents are not in home country at that time, you can email CIC and they will help redirect the request to Canada. Its mainly the Medicals and Passport request that should be done and sent to CIC, so it can be done anywhere. Just about informing CIC and getting their approval. Might take a bit more time. Thats All. Same was also possible for CEC PR when it was there.

Lsg

Jan 15, 2016
Same thing happened to me. I sent my docs using fedex on Dec 30. The fedex guy told me it will be delivered on Jan 4th and even if it gets there before Jan 4th, it won't be delivered till Jan 4th. I checked the online tracking and it was showing Dec 31 as the expecting delivery time. I called him again, he said online sys is wrong! And the next day I found out they were delivered! I printed the forms again and had the photocopy of the docs. Sent them again and they were delivered at 11:50am. Now I don't know if I am going to make it in the cap, and if I do will they accept the photocopies of the docs? :-[

Michi08 said:
Hi everyone,

I just wanna share my story about sending out 2 the same application. What happened is I sent my 1st application on December 30, 2015 and was told by express post that my package is going to deliver on January 4, 2016. The next day, I decided to checked the tracking number and it appeared that the package has been delivered on Dec. 31, 2015. :eek: Good thing I have a back up. I just included a cover letter explaining what happened. On Jan. 3, 2015 I went to VW to drop off my 2nd application. I was so worried that they are going to reject my application because I sent two.

When I got home last Thursday I recieved my first application including a cover letter that the cap for PGP for 2015 has been reached that is why they are returning my application. Until yesterday, all my worries are gone. My credit card got charged. Yey I made it! :D

Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting to get their cc get charge. :-*

naveen73

Mar 10, 2012
Does anyone know the application whose cc is charged until now for 2016 are part of first 5000 or 10000 application.

I mean did CIC start taking payment for application outside 5000 and below 10000?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kilamans said:
Yes - 100% sure.

Michi08

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lsg said:
Same thing happened to me. I sent my docs using fedex on Dec 30. The fedex guy told me it will be delivered on Jan 4th and even if it gets there before Jan 4th, it won't be delivered till Jan 4th. I checked the online tracking and it was showing Dec 31 as the expecting delivery time. I called him again, he said online sys is wrong! And the next day I found out they were delivered! I printed the forms again and had the photocopy of the docs. Sent them again and they were delivered at 11:50am. Now I don't know if I am going to make it in the cap, and if I do will they accept the photocopies of the docs? :-[
I called canada post too and was told that they don't have a control about the exact time of delivery. What the **! I was so pissed and hang up the phone instead of arguing with them. What I did was I fill up all the forms, save and email it to my mom. I told her to print 3 copies of each and then sign. 1 for her and 2 for me. The first application I used the option C print out and the second application I sent the original Notice of Assessment. Did you write a cover letter? Did they returned your first application? I am sorry but I am not sure, I understand how you feel but for now all you have to do is to wait.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone

any insight can share....my mom is here in canada with the regular tourist visa that expired nov 2015, but
upon entry last sept 2015, the immigration gave six mos. to stay....planning to extend her stay.....but i have one thought not to extend her, instead go to usa to renew the visa under super visa(BTW she has US 10 yrs multiple visa)....my questions is how super visa is 100% sure?..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jesa said:
hello everyone

any insight can share....my mom is here in canada with the regular tourist visa that expired nov 2015, but
upon entry last sept 2015, the immigration gave six mos. to stay....planning to extend her stay.....but i have one thought not to extend her, instead go to usa to renew the visa under super visa(BTW she has US 10 yrs multiple visa)....my questions is how super visa is 100% sure?..
No - super visa is not 100% sure. No visa is. There's always a chance of refusal.