Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Michi08

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I just wanna share my story about sending out 2 the same application. What happened is I sent my 1st application on December 30, 2015 and was told by express post that my package is going to deliver on January 4, 2016. The next day, I decided to checked the tracking number and it appeared that the package has been delivered on Dec. 31, 2015. :eek: Good thing I have a back up. I just included a cover letter explaining what happened. On Jan. 3, 2015 I went to VW to drop off my 2nd application. I was so worried that they are going to reject my application because I sent two.

When I got home last Thursday I recieved my first application including a cover letter that the cap for PGP for 2015 has been reached that is why they are returning my application. Until yesterday, all my worries are gone. My credit card got charged. Yey I made it! :D

Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting to get their cc get charge. :-*

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
surprising that it costs some over 200 bucks for sending in an application.
this race of everyone trying to beat everyone is going be used by couriers to charge more.
expect 400 bucks next year?

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
canvis2006 said:
this race of everyone trying to beat everyone is going be used by couriers to charge more.
demand and supply my friend.. have the govt remove the cap and then you can simply mail the application by Canada post to a po box in $2

Himan

Jan 16, 2016
CC got charged today morning.

Application reached and stamped : 10:12, Jan 4, 2015
Received by: Tammy
Courier: QA courier (it's my company courier) only one envelope was sent.
Credit Card charged: Jan 16, 2015

Thanks to members and their messages, kept me informed.

All the best!

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
meisetsu said:
I used a certified cheque too. Went to the counter and they said it would take days for them to track it. My friends using money orders and bank drafts haven't got charged yet. Did you use TD?
I used TD. I called the help line. They tracked down my cert cheque and confirmed it has NOT been cashed yet. Cert cheques can be tracked. But the bank tellers dont know how. So call the help line, you only will need the date you made the cheque. Please let me know when yours gets cashed. I will call again later next week. Good luck!

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for sponsorship for my mother this year, Now I am planning to move to the US for a job.

If i move to the US temporary(1 year) , will it impact my sponsorship application?

Please advise -

delcan25

Jan 3, 2016
canvis2006 said:
If the cap is 10,000 then the competition would be less. Even sending applications via purolator/fedex should be fine.... thats my thoughts atleast. I hate how these local couriers are making a business out of ppls emotions.

canadian2016

Jan 6, 2016
I sent my application by Canada Post XpressPost. It was in Mississauga on December 31, was out for delivery at 10:15am on January 4, and got delivered at 13:36am (signed by SS). Of course, if I had more info about the process and I found this forum last year I would have sent it by a more reliable method. What I am really unhappy about is that a bunch of people who sent their packages by CanadaPost Xpresspost got their applications delivered at 10:45-10:47am (if you are that person could you please let me know when your package was out for delivery, and when it got to Mississauga - I wonder if perhaps my package was on the same truck but got "lost" somehow during the original delivery). I suppose there may be more than one delivery truck operating by CanadaPost in Mississauga, but then how fair is it that my application may not make it into the first 5K or 10K just because it randomly ended up on a "wrong" delivery truck? If this is already not some kind of a lottery, then I do not know what is... Fair process? I don't think so...

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Hi,

Could one of you please update my details in the SS sheet; for some reason I am not able to update.

my id = kilamans
time of delivery to be changed to = 8.25am (same date no change)
credit card charged = 13th jan
remove entire comments and replace with = "my parents have Supervisa & UCI number entered in their appln form"

could one of you please update it

IRL-CAN

Dec 20, 2010
I also used Canada xpress post here from Alberta.Mine was delivered at 13:36 and signed for by SS as well.So you are not alone and don't be hard on yourself my friend.its not the end of the world!!!!!!
canadian2016 said:
I sent my application by Canada Post XpressPost. It was in Mississauga on December 31, was out for delivery at 10:15am on January 4, and got delivered at 13:36am (signed by SS). Of course, if I had more info about the process and I found this forum last year I would have sent it by a more reliable method. What I am really unhappy about is that a bunch of people who sent their packages by CanadaPost Xpresspost got their applications delivered at 10:45-10:47am (if you are that person could you please let me know when your package was out for delivery, and when it got to Mississauga - I wonder if perhaps my package was on the same truck but got "lost" somehow during the original delivery). I suppose there may be more than one delivery truck operating by CanadaPost in Mississauga, but then how fair is it that my application may not make it into the first 5K or 10K just because it randomly ended up on a "wrong" delivery truck? If this is already not some kind of a lottery, then I do not know what is... Fair process? I don't think so...

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Himan said:
CC got charged today morning.

Application reached and stamped : 10:12, Jan 4, 2015
Received by: Tammy
Courier: QA courier (it's my company courier) only one envelope was sent.
Credit Card charged: Jan 16, 2015

Thanks to members and their messages, kept me informed.

All the best!
tell me province and who you are sponsoring please

meisetsu

Jan 14, 2016
delcan25 said:
I used TD. I called the help line. They tracked down my cert cheque and confirmed it has NOT been cashed yet. Cert cheques can be tracked. But the bank tellers dont know how. So call the help line, you only will need the date you made the cheque. Please let me know when yours gets cashed. I will call again later next week. Good luck!
Seems that the majority of certified cheques got cashed on 20 Jan last year. I'll try calling after 20 Jan this year... Good luck to all of us!

jam_jam

May 10, 2013
CC charge was posted for my 2nd application today. So most probably was processed yesterday.
It was with FedEx 9:19 am batch.

Feeling relieved!!!!

Good to luck all of us!!!!

canadian2016

Jan 6, 2016
IRL-CAN said:
I also used Canada xpress post here from Alberta.Mine was delivered at 13:36 and signed for by SS as well.So you are not alone and don't be hard on yourself my friend.its not the end of the world!!!!!!
Thanks for the info. Actually, I am not blaming myself at all - I did everything correctly given the information that I had at the time. People who didn't make the cap last year had a better idea what to expect, and so paid local courier companies which - for a substantial fee - guaranteed that they'd overnight near the CIC door in order to be first in line. What I am not happy about is the statement that McCallum [Canada's Immigration Minister] made recently: "If you're telling me that we could find a better way to handle this so that people don't have to pay these high fees to couriers, than I accept the point... The exercise has been completed now for 2016 but we will have a year to figure out ways in which we might improve that process for the next year." Please don't tell me that the CIC did not anticipate this problem. Last year, the cap was met within 1.5 days, and they knew that all thousands of applications that they did not accept would be coming the first thing in the morning on January 4. They simply did not bother to do anything about it.

IRL-CAN

Dec 20, 2010
I honestly share your frustration.The system is sometime unfair.Hopefully we make it among the first 10K applicants.
canadian2016 said:
Thanks for the info. Actually, I am not blaming myself at all - I did everything correctly given the information that I had at the time. People who didn't make the cap last year had a better idea what to expect, and so paid local courier companies which - for a substantial fee - guaranteed that they'd overnight near the CIC door in order to be first in line. What I am not happy about is the statement that McCallum [Canada's Immigration Minister] made recently: "If you're telling me that we could find a better way to handle this so that people don't have to pay these high fees to couriers, than I accept the point... The exercise has been completed now for 2016 but we will have a year to figure out ways in which we might improve that process for the next year." Please don't tell me that the CIC did not anticipate this problem. Last year, the cap was met within 1.5 days, and they knew that all thousands of applications that they did not accept would be coming the first thing in the morning on January 4. They simply did not bother to do anything about it.