+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukkucanada said:
I have applied for sponsorship for my mother this year, Now I am planning to move to the US for a job.

If i move to the US temporary(1 year) , will it impact my sponsorship application?

Please advise -
Canada source income is required till ur parents get PR
Hang on for 3-4 years more

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
jhutti said:
Canada source income is required till ur parents get PR
Hang on for 3-4 years more
is that means that income should be earned in Canada and filed the tax?
OR
just filing of tax over here is sufficient?

jam_jam

May 10, 2013
kilamans said:
OR
This is interesting question...Does this means we have to be in Canada until PR is processed..
What if our jobs takes us to US for a year or so in between...

canadian2016

Jan 6, 2016
IRL-CAN said:
I honestly share your frustration.The system is sometime unfair.Hopefully we make it among the first 10K applicants.
Sure, let's hope that we will make it, but there will still be people whose applications get rejected, and they can be as unhappy about the process as I am... Even if we get in it will not make the system fair. The process this year was a mess but I doubt very much that Canada Immigration will ever admit it...

I wonder if there are many people who feel strongly about this, and if anything can be done about this.

By the way, can anybody provide a good estimate (not a gut feeling but using their experience from previous years) of the day by which all credit cards of accepted applications will be charged? Is it fair to assume that if my credit card is not charged by the end of January then I am not likely to be in? It seems that this is what happened last year - there were only a few credit card charges in February.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
jam_jam said:
This is interesting question...Does this means we have to be in Canada until PR is processed..
Basically yes, you need to live in Canada until PR is processed.

Foreign income will only count for LICO if you are living in Canada while it's earned (so if you live in Canada but work remotely for a foreign company or earn foreign investment income, or commute to the US for work every day, you can count that for LICO).

Also the CIC PGP guide states you must be living in Canada in general for PGP application.

So if your job take you to US for 1 year, you can expect it may cause your PGP app to be rejected.

canadian2016

Jan 6, 2016
jam_jam said:
From the CIC site: "To sponsor your parent or grandparent, you must be living in Canada."

However, this may mean many things.. Most likely, commuting to the US for work is fine, but permanently living and working in the US is not.. There may be some gray area: for example, you are in the US, but your home, your spouse and your children are in Canada, etc. However, once your sponsorship is accepted you can probably move to a different country as far as the CIC is concerned (but I would not be sending them any notification letters about your move!). I doubt that they will ask you to confirm your current residency status before issuing a PR document to your (grand)parent.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kilamans said:
OR
one need to continue live in Canada & earn here. Both conditions needs to met.
They will ask for work situation & financial statements( NOAs)once close to application in 3-4 year time

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadian2016 said:
This is interesting... could you please let us know what you base this statement on?
you can check 2010, 2011 threads for PGP application. People need to submit latest NOA & work situation updates. i know job offers from US is very tempting ( double salary). But keep your eyes close & stick your head down. I am keeping my eye close. Any double earning or starting new company after immigration

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jhutti said:
you can check 2010, 2011 threads for PGP application. People need to submit latest NOA & work situation updates. i know job offers from US is very tempting ( double salary). But keep your eyes close & stick your head down. I am keeping my eye close. Any double earning or starting new company after immigration
Jhutti is correct. I am a 2011 PGP case and when cic was ready to process our cases in 2014 we were asked to provide our original option C printouts. Also some applicants have been referred to secondary review because their family size has changed and hence cic are reassessing their income levels in detail. In some cases they have taken over 12 months on the review.

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhutti said:
So it's an issue and may lead to reject the PR application ?
if Canadian Citizen need to locate to there home country to take care of there parents for any critical reason and he may do remote global project to earn or work in home country and declare earning in Canada / file tax while parents PR in process.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
mukkucanada said:
So it's an issue and may lead to reject the PR application ?
if Canadian Citizen need to locate to there home country to take care of there parents for any critical reason and he may do remote global project to earn or work in home country and declare earning in Canada / file tax while parents PR in process.
Sponsor needs to reside in Canada for entire processing time.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
HI All,

reg sponsor's job and income..

what is the priority here, being in Canada or having the income level?
1. sponsor being in Canada but not meeting LICO table after CIC accepted the application (CC charged, AOR received, file moved to 2nd stage)?
2. sponsor meeting the LICO table even after family size is changed and through out the processing times but not consistently staying in Canada irrespective reason, however tax is filed without fail?

Lets assume in both cases sponsor has genuine reasons...
So which is more important here? OR is it case by case OR purely officers decision...

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kilamans said:
HI All,

reg sponsor's job and income..

what is the priority here, being in Canada or having the income level?
1. sponsor being in Canada but not meeting LICO table after CIC accepted the application (CC charged, AOR received, file moved to 2nd stage)?
2. sponsor meeting the LICO table even after family size is changed and through out the processing times but not consistently staying in Canada irrespective reason, however tax is filed without fail?

Lets assume in both cases sponsor has genuine reasons...
So which is more important here? OR is it case by case OR purely officers decision...
how can you be so naive. CIC find reason to reject parents application.
Both situation could result in rejection, not to mention 12 months more delay in file 2nd review etc.
Already parents immigration time is so long.
just keep filing taxes and show u reside in canada. This should not be difficult to show.
For 4-5 months outside canada U do not have to say anything. Especially if you spouse & children are living
in house
For taxes , just make sure they are above required mark. Take accountant help in it.