+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Quoi said:
Thanks for calling.
I wonder how they keep track without delivery people to notice some kind of system... hmm..
Yes, and I remember that at least 2 people in this topic were talking about huge cages full of envelopes :-\.

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
Luda345 said:
Yes, and I remember that at least 2 people in this topic were talking about huge cages full of envelopes :-\.
I also read recently that delivery guys have to go up and downstairs to bring files by... batches?
So maybe the cages take, say... 500 envelopes, so those are from 1 to 500 and that's batch 1 and they go on like that?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
wec080 said:
Can anyone tell me why in the US citizen can get their parents green card within 6 months? Why don't they have a backlog or processing time of 5 years? They don't have public health care, but anyone over 65 gets medicare, which most of the parents qualify right away. Isn't Canada supposed to have a better system?
Note that only US CITIZENS can sponsor their parents, not green card holders (they would need to use lottery program). I wouldn't mind seeing the Canadian rules extend to citizens getting priority in sponsoring parents.

Also you don't seem to understand how medicare works. Firstly, it's not the same as Canada's healthcare and requires out-of-pocket expenses and can get more expensive the longer a treatment is needed.
And second and most important, new immigrants are not eligible for medicare. You need to work a long time in the US (10 years) to pay into medicare, before you can start using it after age 65. Parents that immigrate to the US get nothing, and after some time (i think 5 years) residing in the US they have the option to BUY medicare if they want. There may be slightly differing rules and options state to state.

So the US letting in lots of parents is not comparable to Canada, as the burden on taxpayers is not much of a factor in the US like it is here.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hoveran said:
The govt runs the PGP program to attract potential economic immigrants. So don't be too fixated on the health care cost. It's the price to pay to attract immigrants. Otherwise who will come to Canada.
Free health for everyone is what makes Canada so attractive to immigrants, especially those who wants their parents to be on free health care too. Even my wife admits, that she wants her parents here so that they can get free health care. No worries about paying for cancer treatments, x-rays, long term illnesses that would bankrupt them in their country. So even if PGP was strapped completely, immigrants will still come to Canada for free health care. So PGP is not a small price to pay. PGP is purely a compassionate program that is not to be abused. That is why a cap was introduced. The old PGP program got carried away too far with averaging over 24000 applications submitted each year. That is a lot of elderly parents coming in using Canada free health care that uses very costly medical tests/procedures/operations again all at other taxpayers' dime.

talespin

Jan 4, 2016
Just an observation. I have followed this forum once every few days in the past couple of weeks. Lately, this forum has turned from informative to borderline paranoid, especially all the speculation going on around courier times, order of deliveries, guessing what CIC does behind the scenes, coming up with alternative theories, suggestions of opening courier companies, guessing the size of cages, etc. Seems like people are splitting hair on this forum. The over-anxious ones need to channel their paranoia and go practice some yoga for a couple of weeks and start checking their credit card statements then to see if the immigration gods have decided to favor them. Everyone here knows better than anyone that in any immigration system in the world with factors of 10 chasing a limited number of spots, you are playing the odds when you decide to submit your application. You either get picked or you don't. I also believe, that in any given year, CIC will be doing calibrations behind the scene adapting to the changing techniques used by applicants in the given year. Its all a zero sum game in the end to which all of the over-speculation adds no value. The CIC doesn't owe it to tell you about their background processing techniques, that's just not what them or you signed up for.
Relax and just know that your odds here are a million times better than the hopes we all put in to buying 649 tickets every week!

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
talespin said:
Just an observation. I have followed this forum once every few days in the past couple of weeks. Lately, this forum has turned from informative to borderline paranoid, especially all the speculation going on around courier times, order of deliveries, guessing what CIC does behind the scenes, coming up with alternative theories, suggestions of opening courier companies, etc. Seems like people are splitting hair on this forum. Why don't you channel your paranoia and go do some yoga for a couple of weeks and start checking your credit card statements then to see if the immigration gods have decided to favor you. Everyone here knows better than anyone that in any immigration system in the world with factors of 10 chasing a limited number of spots, you are playing the odds when you decide to submit your application. You either get picked or you don't. I also believe, that in any given year, CIC will be doing calibrations behind the scene adapting to the changing techniques used by applicants in the given year. Its all a zero sum game in the end to which all of the over-speculation adds no value. The CIC doesn't owe it to tell you about their background processing techniques, what's just not what them or you signed up for.
Relax and just know that your odds here are a million times better than the hopes we all put in buying 649 tickets every week!
Oh relax? Thanks, I didn't think about it.
Don't you think that if I could relax, I would just... do that?
If speculations, trying to understand the system, sharing info and using that info to decipher this whole process help us feel more in control - when we all know we are not - why not just let us?

I hate to go into details about why this is so important for me and my family (it is for all of us for different or similar reasons) but I will just say that this is my 3rd year trying and the first year joining this forum because I need things to work, I need to understand what is going on, what doesn't work and so far sharing has helped keep me sane.

So, why don't you go and relax. If the posts bug you, then skip them, don't read them or select the ones worth reading.
I already do yoga, I already check my CC for a charge and do my best to channel my impatience.. any other useful relaxation tips are welcome... name calling though, not so much.

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014
screech339 said:
Free health for everyone is what makes Canada so attractive to immigrants, especially those who wants their parents to be on free health care too. Even my wife admits, that she wants her parents here so that they can get free health care. No worries about paying for cancer treatments, x-rays, long term illnesses that would bankrupt them in their country. So even if PGP was strapped completely, immigrants will still come to Canada for free health care. So PGP is not a small price to pay. PGP is purely a compassionate program that is not to be abused. That is why a cap was introduced. The old PGP program got carried away too far with averaging over 24000 applications submitted each year. That is a lot of elderly parents coming in using Canada free health care that uses very costly medical tests/procedures/operations again all at other taxpayers' dime.
PGP is not compassionate program. The compassionate program is called Humanitarian and compassionate class.

If Canada scraps the PGP. I don't know who will come. Maybe some people will come. But certainly not the kind of people Canada wants to attract. Better candidates will go to other countries.

talespin

Jan 4, 2016
Quoi said:
Oh relax? Thanks, I didn't think about it.
Don't you think that if I could relax, I would just... do that?
If speculations, trying to understand the system, sharing info and using that info to decipher this whole process help us feel more in control - when we all know we are not - why not just let us?

I hate to go into details about why this is so important for me and my family (it is for all of us for different or similar reasons) but I will just say that this is my 3rd year trying and the first year joining this forum because I need things to work, I need to understand what is going on, what doesn't work and so far sharing has helped keep me sane.

So, why don't you go and relax. If the posts bug you, then skip them, don't read them or select the ones worth reading.
I already do yoga, I already check my CC for a charge and do my best to channel my impatience.. any other useful relaxation tips are welcome... name calling though, not so much.
For starters, no one's name calling. I wrote a rational post and you, for the most part, wrote a rational response. I take issue with the non-sensical speculations that people are making. I am trying to bring a voice of sanity and would argue that speculations add to people's anxiety and increases the noise ratio on forums. Yes, I can skip through the noise but when noise starts to get out of control, someone's got to point it out to ensure that we are sticking with logic. I respectfully understand that you are anxious and hope that you find your solace until the results are announced.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Re: Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants t

screech339 said:
It is certainly a debatable issue whether influx of immigration will remain same if PGP is called off. I came here back in my mind that my mother will one day become immigrant and would stay here else I won't come. I am sure, many also consider PGP factor while immigrating here.

Cancer is not a normal case of death for all the old people. There could be heart disease, stroke, and many other less expensive sickness for which people my die. Whenever parents come, they generally sell their property and bring lot of money. When parents are at the home country, immigrants do send money at home. So on plane eye, it seems, they would cost a lot and using tax payers money. However, many parents bring enough money which could be more than free medical expenses they will get and stop outgoing money to their home country. So again, one cannot say, economically which is better for Canada without any concrete research data.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Oh dear. I just spoke to a friend who's husband wrk in cic Mississauga. I ask for what happen in Monday and ask if they can check if my application s in the cap and sh ask her husband. He say that in 2-3 week I will know because what they do is file all applications in a-z and they pull 10 at the front and 10 form middle and 10 form back and they repeat until they have 5000. So it doesn't matter which courier u use. Oh and they get too many en elvelope from Canada post too

aryan15

Dec 27, 2015
jomz said:
Oh dear. I just spoke to a friend who's husband wrk in cic Mississauga. I ask for what happen in Monday and ask if they can check if my application s in the cap and sh ask her husband. He say that in 2-3 week I will know because what they do is file all applications in a-z and they pull 10 at the front and 10 form middle and 10 form back and they repeat until they have 5000. So it doesn't matter which courier u use. Oh and they get too many en elvelope from Canada post too
Oh well !! To be honest, I don't know what to feel about this. It is what it is.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
jomz said:
I think, her husband was kidding ;D . In last year, none was selected after 11 am on 5th January. If he was true, we would have seen many applications were accepted all through the days.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
jomz said:
come on .. it ain't april 1 yet

aryan15

Dec 27, 2015
Century said:
I think, her husband was kidding ;D . In last year, none was selected after 11 am on 5th January. If he was true, we would have seen many applications were accepted all through the days.
Maybe they had already received x number of applications by 11 Am. What this person is saying, after they have finished receiving the number of applications they wished to intake, they then sort by a-z. Actually it would make sense to do that but how do they do it?! Based on the 'from' name. Regardless. That is tricky

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
talespin said:
For starters, no one's name calling. I wrote a rational post and you, for the most part, wrote a rational response. I take issue with the non-sensical speculations that people are making. I am trying to bring a voice of sanity and would argue that speculations add to people's anxiety and increases the noise ratio on forums. Yes, I can skip through the noise but when noise starts to get out of control, someone's got to point it out to ensure that we are sticking with logic. I respectfully understand that you are anxious and hope that you find your solace until the results are announced.
You are stating you write rationally, i only mostly do and you are bringing the voice of reason to this non-sense paranoia... I guess i'm done.

jomz said:
Oh dear indeed.... :(
Doesn't sound very fair but i guess at some point some have to be first and some have to be last.
Wish i had an A name....