+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

adelebai

Aug 10, 2015
jhutti said:
Book a hotel or paying guest accommodation for a week in new year in GTA. Try few things
1. Shop around for local courier people who can stand in line early morning
2. Use fedex that guarantee 9 am or 11 am reaching service. Thru nothing is gurantee on that day
3 use purorator same day service while in GTA on 4th jan
Purorator same day service person also charge 30 dollar per hour for standing in line. They note down your credit card number and charged later.
Best of luck
Hi Jhutti,

Thanks for your advice. It indeed sounds like a battle field even in GTA. I am not sure I will have the luxury to go to GTA for New Year. If not, I have to mail the package ahead of time from Alberta. Have you heard anything good about Loomis express? I am trying to use that or Purorator.

Thanks again,
Adele

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Rossei said:
You are right. You cannot yet apply for PGP. For same reason, I couldn't apply in 2014 rather had to wait for 2015. I started working in mid-2010, so my 2010 NOA was less than the MNI for 2010.
I believe that IMM5768E Financial Evaluation needs to be updated by CIC to include 2014 year in the point 9- Total income available to Sponsor in Financial Requirement Section

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Indiapnp said:
Thank you Rossei and razerbalde to pick up on those questions.

I have follow up questions on the topic:

1. I know you suggested an affidavit from Indian Authority (it would be only Notary Public as per my understanding unless there is a better option?). However, I was wondering whether an affidavit from Canadian Notary Public better is preferable over an affidavit from Indian Notary Public (does even make sense for a Canadian Notary Public to write an affidavit for an Indian couple)?

2. Its interesting that you mentioned an Affidavit from Indian Authority/Notary and not from my parents? Which one would be preferable or adding from both would be an good idea?
I assume a letter from Notary/Authority is - Notary/Authority giving the conformation and from my parents is - My parents giving the conformation which would be different?. What would be preferred or affidavit from both would strengthen the case?

3. I observe that you sound reasonably confident but are not 100% certain on whether an affidavit would suffice. Given the time sensitivity and a lack of an opportunity to reapply I am wondering is there is any way to get full certainty on this topic? I completely trust your judgement and will be going with it but trying to do what I can :).

4. Final query:
you advise to explain why they do not have a marriage certificate. I am not aware of a solid reason behind that other than that is how it was in those days (kinda raw and rude to say). I am not sure how to communicate this; any suggestions?

Yes, my birth certificate (which has to be translated and certified) has my parent's name in addition to passports and school certificates etc. So, that could be some help.

Thank you share your experience with us.

Cheers

Hi Rossei,

Thank you for your help so far.

Can you please provide your opinion on the above questions?

Also, I have to get my Birth Certificate translated - what would be an acceptable translation method/document?

Cheers

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
skj1965 said:
Ques:

Where are the new forms available. I believe they shall be based on income for 2014/13/12.

Thanks in advance
Honestly I expected the forms to be available by now. I think a lot of us are anxious to fill up the forms and get ready to mail.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Indiapnp said:
Hi Rossei,

Also, I have to get my Birth Certificate translated - what would be an acceptable translation method/document?

Cheers
Have you tried contacting CIC and asking them the same question?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
adelebai said:
Hi Rossei,
I called Fedex in my city. The office is closed from Dec 24- Jan 4. So they advised me to mail in the application on the day of Dec 23. I thought it was a bad idea. If the package arrived on Dec 31, it would not be counted.
The office may be closed, but there should be drop-off box available either at the office or at some other location. But if you're using drop-off, make sure when the last pick-up time is during end of December. In my case, although I was told over and over both by FeDex & Purolator that their last pick-up is at 3pm (even on Dec 31); the actual pick-up was before noon on that very day.

Also, check with other courier services (UPS, Purolator etc.). You're correct not to mail it before the holidays. You should also keep in mind that CIC may update some forms at the 11th hour.

On another note, when you have the document signed, did you use blue ink or black ink?
I don't exactly remember but I probably used black as I normally do for any CIC application.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Indiapnp said:
Hi Rossei,

Cheers

Hi Rossei,

Can you please share your thoughts on my above questions? My post went under your radar last time (until razerblade re-posted it) so just trying to get your attention this time :).

Thank you,

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Hi Rossei! I have some confusion.Pl.guide me in the matter: (1)Application to sponsor IMM1344:In very first column where to tick?First or Second.In first case excepe cad75/-remaining amount is refunded. (2)Financial Evaluation Form Imm5768 column 3 to 6 are confusing.In this form where to write THREE sponsored persons name? Please guide me in both the matters. I wish to inform you that my daughter is in Ontario and in January 2016 she is eligible to apply for myself,my wife and my daughter of 20 years.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
dadaum said:
Hi Rossei! I have some confusion.Pl.guide me in the matter: (1)Application to sponsor IMM1344:In very first column where to tick?First or Second.In first case excepe cad75/-remaining amount is refunded. (2)Financial Evaluation Form Imm5768 column 3 to 6 are confusing.In this form where to write THREE sponsored persons name? Please guide me in both the matters. I wish to inform you that my daughter is in Ontario and in January 2016 she is eligible to apply for myself,my wife and my daughter of 20 years.
You should note that your daughter does not qualify as a dependent under current rules since she is over the age of 18. So if your daughter in Canada is sponsoring you under parents PR program in January 2016, it will just be for you and your spouse (2 sponsored persons). Your 20 yr old daughter will need to be left off the application (unless she has a disability which makes her dependent on you) and find her own way to immigrate to Canada.

New Canadian government may be increasing the age of dependent sometime, but nobody knows the timing for this so for now you need to follow current rules. If when they raise the age your daughter qualifies as a dependent at that time, then she should be able to be added back into the application only at that time.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Indiapnp said:
Thank you Rossei and razerbalde to pick up on those questions.

I have follow up questions on the topic:

1. I know you suggested an affidavit from Indian Authority (it would be only Notary Public as per my understanding unless there is a better option?). However, I was wondering whether an affidavit from Canadian Notary Public better is preferable over an affidavit from Indian Notary Public (does even make sense for a Canadian Notary Public to write an affidavit for an Indian couple)?
I think an affidavit from India would be more appropriate. But you can notarize the affidavit here.

2. Its interesting that you mentioned an Affidavit from Indian Authority/Notary and not from my parents? Which one would be preferable or adding from both would be an good idea?
I assume a letter from Notary/Authority is - Notary/Authority giving the conformation and from my parents is - My parents giving the conformation which would be different?. What would be preferred or affidavit from both would strengthen the case?
An affidavit is kind of from your parents anyway (they are called affiants). A commissioner of oath just certifies that the oath was taken by the affiant in front of him/her.

3. I observe that you sound reasonably confident but are not 100% certain on whether an affidavit would suffice. Given the time sensitivity and a lack of an opportunity to reapply I am wondering is there is any way to get full certainty on this topic? I completely trust your judgement and will be going with it but trying to do what I can :).
I would suggest you to read these:
CanadaVisa forum link
External link-1
External link-2

4. Final query:
you advise to explain why they do not have a marriage certificate. I am not aware of a solid reason behind that other than that is how it was in those days (kinda raw and rude to say). I am not sure how to communicate this; any suggestions?Yes, my birth certificate (which has to be translated and certified) has my parent's name in addition to passports and school certificates etc. So, that could be some help.
I was just suggesting your parents to write a letter (if not fully explained in the affidavit) why they did not acquire a marriage cert. You could also add the list of attached docs (passport copies, your birth cert, parents' id etc.) which deem adequate to you.

Translation of documents
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
(1) the English or French translation; and
(2) an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
(3) a certified copy of the original document.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

:D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
dadaum said:
Hi Rossei!
I have some confusion.Pl.guide me in the matter:
(1) Application to sponsor IMM1344: In very first column where to tick? First or Second. In first case excepe cad75/-remaining amount is refunded.
You select the first option: *Withdraw your sponsorship application. All processing fees less $75 will be refunded. There is no point of choosing the second one. BTW, your daughter has to fill out this form.

(2) Financial Evaluation Form IMM5768 column 3 to 6 are confusing. In this form where to write THREE sponsored persons name?
Again, your daughter needs to fill out this form. None of the sponsored person's name appear in this form. Only the number comes in 3. A). 3.A) should be same as 3 of Application Details of IMM0008 (should be filled by you).

Please guide me in both the matters. I wish to inform you that my daughter is in Ontario and in January 2016 she is eligible to apply for myself, my wife and my daughter of 20 years.
As Rob_TO mentioned, your 20 year old daughter is not a legit dependent anymore. CIC changed the age limit of accompanying dependents from 22 to 19 recently. Read the Guide 5772, it says:

Dependent Types:
Type 1: The dependent is under the age of 19 and single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
Type 2: The dependent is 19 years of age or older, has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Rossei said:
I think an affidavit from India would be more appropriate. But you can notarize the affidavit here.
An affidavit is kind of from your parents anyway (they are called affiants). A commissioner of oath just certifies that the oath was taken by the affiant in front of him/her.
I would suggest you to read these:
CanadaVisa forum link
External link-1
External link-2
I was just suggesting your parents to write a letter (if not fully explained in the affidavit) why they did not acquire a marriage cert. You could also add the list of attached docs (passport copies, your birth cert, parents' id etc.) which deem adequate to you.
Translation of documents
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
(1) the English or French translation; and
(2) an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
(3) a certified copy of the original document.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

:D

Thank you for all your responses.

Is there a format for the Affidavit, you share or direct to?

Thanks a lot.

adelebai

Aug 10, 2015
Hi Rossei,

It just occurred to me. Since I am the one filling out IMM0008 (PR application) form, should I also fill out the using a representative form - me being the representative for my parents?

Thanks a lot,

Adele

ps1957

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am applying for parent sponsorship ..I am the parent :)

In the PGP spreadsheet for 2015, it is given that one application was rejected because IMM0008DEP was not enclosed.

I don't have a dependent
So is it necessary to include this form also in the application package to be sent?

Since I do not have anything to fill in the form, will it be okay to include a blank form with "NOT APPLICABLE" written across?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
adelebai said:
Hi Rossei,

It just occurred to me. Since I am the one filling out IMM0008 (PR application) form, should I also fill out the using a representative form - me being the representative for my parents?

Thanks a lot,

Adele
You don't have to, but you can. I did for my mom.