Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ps1957 said:
Hi

I am applying for parent sponsorship ..I am the parent :)

In the PGP spreadsheet for 2015, it is given that one application was rejected because IMM0008DEP was not enclosed.
That was very unfortunate, could be a CIC mistake.

I don't have a dependent
So is it necessary to include this form also in the application package to be sent?

Since I do not have anything to fill in the form, will it be okay to include a blank form with "NOT APPLICABLE" written across?
Well, my mom doesn't have any other dependent either and I did not include the form with my application package. So, it's not necessary to include it. But I understand your concern. I'm not sure if it's okay to fill the whole form with "NOT APPLICABLE" and send in.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Thank you Rob_To & Rossei for your guidance and prompt reply.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for ppl outside of Ontario, how could get the the application delivered on 4th? impossible.
Jan 1st is holiday, 2nd and 3rd is weekend. I heard, envelope can't be postmarked before Jan 1st, so we can't ship on 31st.

if we ship on 4th, first business day of Jan, it'll arrive on 5th at earliest, by then it could be too late, if they fill up in day and half like in 2015

Friends suggest flying to TO and go wait outside the office on Jan 4th, do they even accept hand delivery?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kkim604 said:
for ppl outside of Ontario, how could get the the application delivered on 4th? impossible.
Jan 1st is holiday, 2nd and 3rd is weekend. I heard, envelope can't be postmarked before Jan 1st, so we can't ship on 31st.

if we ship on 4th, first business day of Jan, it'll arrive on 5th at earliest, by then it could be too late, if they fill up in day and half like in 2015

Friends suggest flying to TO and go wait outside the office on Jan 4th, do they even accept hand delivery?
CiC offices does not accept any hand deliveries of applications (drop offs). Only courier services / mail services are accepted.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
CiC offices does not accept any hand deliveries of applications (drop offs). Only courier services / mail services are accepted.
is there private companies offering same day delivery courier services available in GTA area?
Or does CIC only accept UPS, Fedex, Canadapost etc...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kkim604 said:
is there private companies offering same day delivery courier services available in GTA area?
Any courier companies. BTW, all courier companies are private companies except Canada Post.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
kkim604 said:
I want to know the same...do they accept private courier deliveries meaning anything other than the major companies like CanadaPost, Fedex etc. ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dbss said:
I want to know the same...do they accept private courier deliveries meaning anything other than the major companies like CanadaPost, Fedex etc. ?
Yes - they accept private courier deliveries.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rossei,

Please enlighten me:

1. Submitting the 'Use of Representative' form means that CIC will communicate or send correspondence to the email address of the representative even if the sponsored parent put his email?

2. I have no idea what will be the intended job of my parents when they arrive here (if application is approved), any suggestion about what to put in the 'INTENDED OCCUPATION' field of the 'GENERIC APPLICATION?'

3. If the person is DECEASED, should put it under marital status?

4. This is number 6 under the IMM5768E (Financial Evaluation), 'Every other family member not included above and dependent on you financially, Whether they are living with you or not.' - Does this refer to the children of the sponsor (my sister)?

My sister will sponsor our parents and 1 brother. Her husband will co-sign and they have 2 daughters.

I put 3 on 3A (number of persons in box 3 of GENERIC APPLICATION), 1 on number 5 (SPOUSE) AND 2 on number 6. Is this correct?

TOTAL NUMBER OF PERSONS = 7

5. On the same form, number 8, how can I compute for the minimum necessary income? I know I have to check the 'Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship' but should I add the 3 years (minimum income 2011 - 2013) to get the correct figure?

6. If one of my parents is facing a civil case/charge (about labor case), it's ongoing, will it make the sponsorship application ineligible or only criminal charge is counted?

I know it's a lot but I would really appreciate your input or from anyone who can help. :)

Thank you!!

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkim604 said:

Same day delivery is also not that easy. Let me share my experience of this year as what I go through.
• I have failed attempt on 2014. Because of my 2010 income.( I moved from uk to Canada in mid year) But at least it gives me idea as what other documents are required apart from 3 NOAs. One notable issue was marriage certificate of my parents.
I requested my dad in feb 2014 to make marriage certificate. It took them 6-7 months to get issued marriage certificate due to decades old marriage. Thanks god Indian bureaucracy works.

• On 1st Jan 2015 Day & night I keep checking, rechecking my forms. Check for versions, sign Information etc.
• I wake up 6 am in the morning on 2nd Jan 2015. Take god name and get ready.
• I drive my car to Purolator office in GTA early in the morning and reach at 7 am
• Guess what 3-4 cars were also parked in market car park. Petty cold outside.
• I did not take any chance and get out of the car to stand in front of shop door.
• The Purolator office was supposed to open at 8 am.
• After seeing me, other also get out of car and stand behind me. We 4 fools standing in cold weather early in the morning. The whole market office is closed.
• Every one have PGP application envelope in hand. We have tense chatting about PGP application and support documentation
• Anyway Purolator office door opens at 8 am. As first person, I just ask lady to ship same day delivery.
• She keep ringing to get someone to accept my same day delivery. She cannot get hold of anyone till 9.15 am. As all Purolator offices were busy with same address delivery
• At 9.15 am she was able to accept my envelope after getting promise from their central location.
• That envelope was supposed to get picked at 10.30 am only. I don’t know how it works in courier service but that’s what she told me.
• They get my credit card number & clearly ask me if I am okay to get charged 30 dollar for each hour of standing in line. I says BIG YES
• After that I reached my office but my mind was all in delivery of the item. No work. Just sitting and watching & refreshing the 2015 thread of this forum.
• The thread start blasting with messages. Smart chaps were those who get delivery their package early by 8 30 am as they use local courier services near to the CIC Mississauga office. My blood pressure was going up. I wonder what on earth was I thinking. I should have setup a tie with local courier to stand in line 6 am and could have shell out 100 dollar to the courier boy instead of going to standard courier company.
• Anyway I start calling customer service of Purolator at around 11. 30 am. They have no idea except that person is in line
• It was crazy as many people on 2015 thread was jumping up and down with FedEx & Purolator 9 pm service delivery or 12 noon delivery service was delivered as per them. How true was it is another story. Luckily anyone whose app reach on 2nd Jan was in 5000 limit. Otherwise we could have expect law suits against courier companies for they says 9 am but application reaching late. I do not blame courier service companies on it.
• On this note I want add that for people outside GTA. I guess UPS, FedEx or Purolator should be okay if they promise to deliver on 4th JAN. Even if they accept the application from u guys in last week of December. If I am not wrong many people from outside Ontario were able to get their package deliver successfully on 2nd Jan 2015
• Now the only catch is that in Dec 2013. CIC update its document at last moment. While in Dec 2014 that updated documents by second week of December. I hope they will update all their documents by 1st-2nd week of December. However in case they updated in last moment just they did for 2014 cases. Then advantages are for people who have parents in Canada on super or visitor visa with access to GTA on 4th Jan.
• Anyway back to my story. I call customer service again at 1.oo pm. No idea, as person still in line. Then at 2.30 pm I again call to find out my package was deliver at 1.24 pm. Every minute counts on that day.
• I hope this year govt increase quota from 5000 to 10000 as promised in liberal manifesto. That should some respite new applicants
I hope my story will give some insight into what one could face on that day( 4th Jan 2016).
Please fill document very carefully with correct version of forms. CIC people just try to find reason to reject applications . Any small mistake of missing signature, wrong version form, missing form, non-supporting standard document apart from what is listed in their guide( marriage certificate, birth certificate etc.). You cannot argue with them. Game over for another year.
Another point is that in case you are using credit card as method of payment to CIC. Fill two different payment form each having separate credit card number. If one fails the other should get charge. I am sure most of us have multiple credit cards.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ups, fedex, Puro do not offer same day delivery. Earliest they can do is next day, Tuesday 9am.
Since CIC accepts delivery boy on bicycle, earliest GTA falks can get it in on Monday?

By the way, if CIC accepts any courier, what's stopping someone from dressing like a courier bicycle boy and go to the office at Monday 8am, pretend like they are from local courier company?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kkim604 said:

You heard it wrong. You can mail anytime you want, it just cannot reach before CIC re-opens PGP for 2016. Furthermore, if you look at our 2015 PGP database (link given in my signature), you will notice most of the applications that got accepted were mailed on Dec 31, 2014.

As others said, CIC accepts any courier service (small or big), but doesn't accept hand deliveries.

My other advice would be not to use CanadaPost simply because it's the slowest. You can keep it as your last resource.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
planningtogo said:
Hi Rossei,

Please enlighten me:

1. Submitting the 'Use of Representative' form means that CIC will communicate or send correspondence to the email address of the representative even if the sponsored parent put his email?
Not sure about this yet. Till you get sponsorship approval, I guess both sponsor and parents will receive same email correspondence. When it goes to PR processing, 'Use of Representative' may help to get the email to both accounts.

2. I have no idea what will be the intended job of my parents when they arrive here (if application is approved), any suggestion about what to put in the 'INTENDED OCCUPATION' field of the 'GENERIC APPLICATION?'
In my case, I put "Unemployed (retired)".

3. If the person is DECEASED, should put it under marital status?
If you're talking about Additional Family Info (IMM5406) form, you need to put "Not Applicable" in the Marital Status column and "Diseased on DATE in CITY, COUNTRY" in the Present Address column.

4. This is number 6 under the IMM5768E (Financial Evaluation), 'Every other family member not included above and dependent on you financially, Whether they are living with you or not.' - Does this refer to the children of the sponsor (my sister)?
Yes.

My sister will sponsor our parents and 1 brother. Her husband will co-sign and they have 2 daughters.

I put 3 on 3A (number of persons in box 3 of GENERIC APPLICATION), 1 on number 5 (SPOUSE) AND 2 on number 6. Is this correct?

TOTAL NUMBER OF PERSONS = 7
Correct.

5. On the same form, number 8, how can I compute for the minimum necessary income? I know I have to check the 'Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship' but should I add the 3 years (minimum income 2011 - 2013) to get the correct figure?
You need to put recent tax year's (2014) minimum income for your family size. Mind you, this form will be updated with 2012, 2013 & 2014 income boxes in No. 9.

6. If one of my parents is facing a civil case/charge (about labor case), it's ongoing, will it make the sponsorship application ineligible or only criminal charge is counted?
That I don't know.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jhutti said:
Same day delivery is also not that easy. Let me share my experience of this year as what I go through.
• I have failed attempt on 2014. Because of my 2010 income.( I moved from uk to Canada in mid year) But at least it gives me idea as what other documents are required apart from 3 NOAs. One notable issue was marriage certificate of my parents.
I requested my dad in feb 2014 to make marriage certificate. It took them 6-7 months to get issued marriage certificate due to decades old marriage. Thanks god Indian bureaucracy works.

• On 1st Jan 2015 Day & night I keep checking, rechecking my forms. Check for versions, sign Information etc.
• I wake up 6 am in the morning on 2nd Jan 2015. Take god name and get ready.
• I drive my car to Purolator office in GTA early in the morning and reach at 7 am
• Guess what 3-4 cars were also parked in market car park. Petty cold outside.
• I did not take any chance and get out of the car to stand in front of shop door.
• The Purolator office was supposed to open at 8 am.
• After seeing me, other also get out of car and stand behind me. We 4 fools standing in cold weather early in the morning. The whole market office is closed.
• Every one have PGP application envelope in hand. We have tense chatting about PGP application and support documentation
• Anyway Purolator office door opens at 8 am. As first person, I just ask lady to ship same day delivery.
• She keep ringing to get someone to accept my same day delivery. She cannot get hold of anyone till 9.15 am. As all Purolator offices were busy with same address delivery
• At 9.15 am she was able to accept my envelope after getting promise from their central location.
• That envelope was supposed to get picked at 10.30 am only. I don’t know how it works in courier service but that’s what she told me.
• They get my credit card number & clearly ask me if I am okay to get charged 30 dollar for each hour of standing in line. I says BIG YES
• After that I reached my office but my mind was all in delivery of the item. No work. Just sitting and watching & refreshing the 2015 thread of this forum.
• The thread start blasting with messages. Smart chaps were those who get delivery their package early by 8 30 am as they use local courier services near to the CIC Mississauga office. My blood pressure was going up. I wonder what on earth was I thinking. I should have setup a tie with local courier to stand in line 6 am and could have shell out 100 dollar to the courier boy instead of going to standard courier company.
• Anyway I start calling customer service of Purolator at around 11. 30 am. They have no idea except that person is in line
• It was crazy as many people on 2015 thread was jumping up and down with FedEx & Purolator 9 pm service delivery or 12 noon delivery service was delivered as per them. How true was it is another story. Luckily anyone whose app reach on 2nd Jan was in 5000 limit. Otherwise we could have expect law suits against courier companies for they says 9 am but application reaching late. I do not blame courier service companies on it.
• On this note I want add that for people outside GTA. I guess UPS, FedEx or Purolator should be okay if they promise to deliver on 4th JAN. Even if they accept the application from u guys in last week of December. If I am not wrong many people from outside Ontario were able to get their package deliver successfully on 2nd Jan 2015
• Now the only catch is that in Dec 2013. CIC update its document at last moment. While in Dec 2014 that updated documents by second week of December. I hope they will update all their documents by 1st-2nd week of December. However in case they updated in last moment just they did for 2014 cases. Then advantages are for people who have parents in Canada on super or visitor visa with access to GTA on 4th Jan.
• Anyway back to my story. I call customer service again at 1.oo pm. No idea, as person still in line. Then at 2.30 pm I again call to find out my package was deliver at 1.24 pm. Every minute counts on that day.
• I hope this year govt increase quota from 5000 to 10000 as promised in liberal manifesto. That should some respite new applicants
I hope my story will give some insight into what one could face on that day( 4th Jan 2016).
Please fill document very carefully with correct version of forms. CIC people just try to find reason to reject applications . Any small mistake of missing signature, wrong version form, missing form, non-supporting standard document apart from what is listed in their guide( marriage certificate, birth certificate etc.). You cannot argue with them. Game over for another year.
Thanks for sharing your story. Since it's a GTA story, I want to share mine as this is from outside GTA so that 2016 applicants have both examples to learn from. Like you, I also missed 2014 intake as I started working from July-2010 and didn't have a NOA which meets MNI for 2010. I had the chance to start working from May right after my graduation, but instead took some time-off to go back to my home country. Anyway, here's my story of 2015 PGP application for my mom:

• Assuming it will be crazy on Jan 2 at CPC-M, I contacted Canadapost, Purolator and Fedex in person on the last week of December, 2014. Having no idea about PGP, they all said if I ship my package before last pickup on Dec 31, it should be fine to reach Mississauga on Jan 2.
  • Our Fedex office in Sarnia, ON was very specific that they will be closed on Dec 31 and they can only take my package on Dec 30 by 5pm. So, I leaned towards Purolator as they said their last pickup is always on 3pm but insisted to come little early just because it's 31st.
  • So, I set my mind on Purolator for 9am delivery on Jan 2. My idea was to wait till noon on Dec 31 to see if CIC makes any last minute changes on the form (fortunately my mom was here with me on Super Visa).
  • On 31st, I come to my office, not in a mood of working, refreshing PGP application page every 5 min, checking forum for any update. There was no last minute change. I decided to give another 30 min after noon to play safe. Then, I drove to Purolator office (inside Staples).
  • Guess what, Purolator says the last pickup was at 11am. I met the driver on Dec 30 on my 2nd visit to them. He personally told me that he would come around 3pm on Dec 31 to pickup. The whole world collapsed before me hearing this.
  • I almost cried before swearing and cursing myself, Purolator and the city I live in - Sarnia. Then the Staples Imaging lady (who was just covering for Purolator for that day) told me to check UPS store. I quickly drove to UPS (5 min dirve) and found that they were closed.
  • I come back to Staples with heart-broken and find a Fedex drop-box which was still saying "Next pickup at 3pm". I become hopeful again.
  • I quickly make a Fedex label while constantly checking the door where the drop-box is located. By the time I was done with all the complicated steps of Fedex labeling, it was already 1:15pm.
  • I stood by the door of Staples with a Fedex envelope in hand (not sealed yet) anxiously waiting to see a Fedex truck. I was even thinking of driving to Toronto on the weekends and going for same day delivery with some local services.
  • Since I had to come back to office, I finally decided to drop my mail. It was around 1:30pm.
  • I sat for a while in my car with hope that I would see a Fedex truck being parked and open the drop-box. Alas! I couldn't see any.
  • I come back to my office and thought how I can decline my submission if I drive to GTA in the weekends. I probably made few calls to Fedex. After my office breaks at 3pm, I drove back to Staples to see if it has been picked up. No, the label was still showing same. I drove to see it again after 5pm, but no luck. They must have picked up before noon then.
  • I was so emotionally upset thinking what sort of son I am not doing a single thing that I have been waiting to accomplish for my mom for few years. Even my mom said "It's okay, perhaps next year." :(
  • Anyway, my family didn't want me to drive to Toronto with that kind of mindset. So, I omitted to go and sticked with my delayed Fedex parcel.
  • Fedex finally picked it up on Jan 2 and my application was delivered at 11am on Jan 5. I was very much active during that period on this forum and had a thin line of hope of still making it to 5000 cap.
  • Guesst what! I made it. I consider myself extremely lucky finding that CIC perhaps stopped taking any application after 12 on Jan 5.

I hope you guys learn a thing or two from jhutti and my story and make the right call. Hence, I called it the biggest challenge in my original post. Good luck to you all!

ps1957

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
That was very unfortunate, could be a CIC mistake.
Well, my mom doesn't have any other dependent either and I did not include the form with my application package. So, it's not necessary to include it. But I understand your concern. I'm not sure if it's okay to fill the whole form with "NOT APPLICABLE" and send in.
Thanks Rossei for the immediate reply