+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timing on international study visa approval response on COVID-19 times

icocio

Jun 22, 2020
Hello all

My wife has applied to study visa for the September 2020 intake.
We did all the paperwork and fingerprints provided back around in March this year.
I keep checking the Canada immigration website to see if they say anything about expected response timings.
So, to put this in perspective, the usual times for response are 4 weeks in our case, its been 2 and a half months and we are getting a little anxious as we need to plan our arrival (full family of 4 members).

I understand Covid-19 has changed EVERYTHING, but has anyone received response already considering the timings I've shared?
Are there any documented new time expectations to look at?

Your comments are very much appreciated

Cheers,
Italo

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Hello all

My wife has applied to study visa for the September 2020 intake.
We did all the paperwork and fingerprints provided back around in March this year.
I keep checking the Canada immigration website to see if they say anything about expected response timings.
So, to put this in perspective, the usual times for response are 4 weeks in our case, its been 2 and a half months and we are getting a little anxious as we need to plan our arrival (full family of 4 members).

I understand Covid-19 has changed EVERYTHING, but has anyone received response already considering the timings I've shared?
Are there any documented new time expectations to look at?

Your comments are very much appreciated

Cheers,
Italo

Icocio,

I provided my fingerprints in December, I sent my medical results in January... My studies were meant to begin in May but I had to defer my studies to Fall 2020 because of the COVID..... Finally, I have not receive an answer yet... It has been 6 months since all my process began....

icocio

Jun 22, 2020
Icocio,

I provided my fingerprints in December, I sent my medical results in January... My studies were meant to begin in May but I had to defer my studies to Fall 2020 because of the COVID..... Finally, I have not receive an answer yet... It has been 6 months since all my process began....
Ouch, that's encouraging :|
Hope you get it soon, at least sooner than September this year

Thanks for the answer by the way

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
My friend submitted application on March 10 for May 2020 and then no answer or updates until last week. He got an email from IRCC Singapore to submit a New/Upadted LOA. So he already got his updated LOA from Lambton College in advance for September.

He said he has emailed the IRCC new LOA. Now he's waiting. No update on application yet after sending the new LOA last week.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
My friend submitted application on March 10 for May 2020 and then no answer or updates until last week. He got an email from IRCC Singapore to submit a New/Upadted LOA. So he already got his updated LOA from Lambton College in advance for September.

He said he has emailed the IRCC new LOA. Now he's waiting. No update on application yet after sending the new LOA last week.
Thats a positive sign.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Honestly speaking, do not expect your visa to be processed until 1st July.

Until VAC doesn't open they ain't processing them at all.

icocio

Jun 22, 2020
Honestly speaking, do not expect your visa to be processed until 1st July.

Until VAC doesn't open they ain't processing them at all.
Thanks for the reply
This sounds plausible. I just hope, if approved and travel restrictions are cleared, to land there before September or anytime within first 2 weeks of September

Cheers!

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for the reply
This sounds plausible. I just hope, if approved and travel restrictions are cleared, to land there before September or anytime within first 2 weeks of September

Cheers!
I hope for the same brother ! Stay positive and surely you'll be helped. If there is anything else in which I can help let me know :)

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Hi everybody!..... I hope this can give you an idea about my VISA process. These are my dates:
- December 19th: Letter requesting fingerprints (my husband's and mine).
- December 26th: We provided fingerprints.
- January 23rd: Letter requesting medical exam (We went to run the tests, etc.)
- February 10th: Immigration checked our results and updated the info saying that we passed the medical exam.

According to the average to obtain a positive or negative answer (i.e. 8 weeks = 40 working days), our day number 40 was on March 18th.... Just the week the quarantine began in most of the countries so you can imagine all the dates started to be upside down...

I have to defer my study permit for Fall 2020.
- March 31st: I received the new LOA from the College.

* I don't know when my agent uploaded the new LOA but Immigration answered what follows:
- May 11th: Immigration said this " We have updated the dates according to the New LOA provided and added it to your file. Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time. Please note that due to measures in response to COVID-19, we have reduced capacity to respond to non-urgent enquiries".

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ouch, that's encouraging :|
Hope you get it soon, at least sooner than September this year

Thanks for the answer by the way
Hi everybody!..... I hope this can give you an idea about my VISA process. These are my dates:
- February 10th: Immigration checked our results and updated the info saying that we passed the medical exam.

According to the average to obtain a positive or negative answer (i.e. 8 weeks = 40 working days), our day number 40 was on March 18th.... Just the week the quarantine began in most of the countries so you can imagine all the dates started to be upside down...

* I don't know when my agent uploaded the new LOA but Immigration answered what follows:
- May 11th: Immigration said this " We have updated the dates according to the New LOA provided and added it to your file. Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time. Please note that due to measures in response to COVID-19, we have reduced capacity to respond to non-urgent enquiries".

amarinder28march

Mar 22, 2020

R u Applying from India?
Can ask your agent what they submitted in web form

icocio

Jun 22, 2020
Just to update this thread.
We finally got (my wife her study permit y and I got my work permit) confirmation on this.
It took 8 months for the whole process. Apparently, applications are being processed, so if you are in the same scenario, hang on tight. You should get a response quite soon

All the best for everyone