+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timelines for Damascus office

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all ladies and gentlemen waiting for their spouses.
Please share your timeline if the file is being processed in Damascus Office.

Here is mine so far:

January 08, 2008 - Received application to sponsor in CPC-M.
January 30, 2008 - Started processing application in CPC-M.
February 11, 2008 - Started processing application in Damascus.

Hopefully it will be updated again shortly :D

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
July 12, 2007-Received application to sponsor in CPC-M.
July 30, 2007 - Started processing application in CPC-M.
Sept 3, 2007 - Started processing application in Damascus.
November 30, 2007- Interview in Lebanon.
January 29, 2008- Damascus requested for passport to be re-newed
February 13, 2008- Damascus received renewed passport
February 22,2008- Visa approved

ZOZO

Feb 18, 2008
March 19, 2007-Received application to sponsor in CPC-M.
May 20, 2007 - Started processing application in CPC-M.
June 21, 2007 - Started processing application in Damascus.
Sep 18, 2007- Interview in Syrai.
Nov 26, 2008- Damascus requested additional personal activities
Feb 18, 2008- Call from Visa office to my husband who he is in baghdad to bring with him Passport and Iraqi sitizenship.

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also quoting nanoooosha's timeline, for others to see. Thanks to nanoooosha for sharing :)

In Canada processing
-We received your application to sponsor XXX on September 10, 2007.
-We started processing your application on October 4, 2007.
-We sent you a letter on October 4, 2007 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

In Syria processing
-We started processing XXX application on October 17, 2007.
-XXX interview is December 11, 2007.
-Got a call from embassy to bring passport and Iraqi citizenship on February 19, 2008
-Received Visa on February 25, 2008

Pretty fast, eh?

Good luck to the rest of us :)

azadi

Feb 19, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I'm sponsoring my husband from (Kurdistan)Iraq and I wanted to post my time-line so far:

We received your application to sponsor XXXX on February 13, 2008.

We started processing your application on March 4, 2008.

We sent you a letter on March 4, 2008 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I just got the letter! I'm so excited!

jordanian

Mar 19, 2008
hi all
1. i live in jordan and ill marry soon
i wana ask what u mean with Damascus office ? cuse here we have consular and the main embassy in damascus
2. it will take same time as u ppl for my application when ill apply soon ?
thanks alot

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
jordanian said:
hi all
1. i live in jordan and ill marry soon
i wana ask what u mean with Damascus office ? cuse here we have consular and the main embassy in damascus
2. it will take same time as u ppl for my application when ill apply soon ?
thanks alot
Jordanian,

The Damascus office processes sponsorship applications for residents of Jordan, so to answer your question, Yes, your application will be processed in Damascus not the Counslate in Amman. The timeline for each application will vary depending on each case, however , the timeline for the cases processed in Damascus should give you a ballpark of how long your case should take from start to finish.
Good luck

azadi

Feb 19, 2008
If I understand correctly, can we not check the permanent residence application status on e-cas with the Sponsor's Client ID Number?

My sponsorship application was received by CIC-M on March 4, 2008, and forwarded to Damascus and since then it says "Not Available" for the status of the PR application.

When does Damascus get around to sending a Client ID number for my husband? It's been more than 3 weeks :(

Also, can I request that they contact me via e-mail rather than regular mail? (I'm my husband's representative) My friend's husband missed his interview because the letter requesting the interview got lost in the mail!

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
Azadi,

I am not 100% sure on this but my understanding that your husband (the sponsored persson in this case) will not get a second ID, the case is assigned one ID which is the Sponsor' Client ID.
Furthermore, showing "Not Available" is expected at this time, as the Damascus office might have just received your application but have not started working on it, and until then, the status will show "Not Availible"
As for your last point, I believe the answer is No. Regular mail is the only method of communication with the client.

jordanian

Mar 19, 2008
hi all
i wana ask please , what if my wife dont work and take since 2006 2 time money from the goverment after the tax , is this will affect on our application and maybe it will be reason for refusal ?
is any of you people same my situation and his wife dont work ?
my wife coming soon to jordan is it better we apply from there b4 she come here , or when she come here is the best ? which take more time ?

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
Jordanian,

She's applying from Jordan or from Canada will not affect how long your process will take. However, the fact that she cannot show that she can support herself will no doubt have a negative impact on the assessment of your case. Hopefully someone on the board can chim in with his/her expience with similar situation related to the financial hardship.

azadi

Feb 19, 2008
I just wanted to update this thread.

As my husband's Representative, on March 31st, I received an acknowledgment that the Embassy in Damascus received our application and started to process it on March 16th. They gave me his Immigration File Number and now I can log into e-cas with that file number -- it says that his application is "IN PROCESS".

One more step forward...

Good luck to everyone..

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just logged into E-CAS and it is saying DECISION MADE...
My heart is pounding... Then I checked my messages on the phone... There was a message for my husband from our local Canadian Embassy saying that your immigration visa has come from Syria... WOW... Soooo happy.

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is mine so far:

January 08, 2008 - Received application to sponsor in CPC-M.
January 30, 2008 - Started processing application in CPC-M.
February 11, 2008 - Started processing application in Damascus.
April (between 11th and 20th - not sure), 2008 - Received a call from Embassy, Visa is ready

YeY...

azadi

Feb 19, 2008
Oh My God! that's wonderful news! I'm really excited for you...It really did happen so fast! Congratulations!