+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timelines for Damascus office

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
azadi said:
Oh My God! that's wonderful news! I'm really excited for you...It really did happen so fast! Congratulations!
+1
I was really excited to read Tan' post.

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesss, I am so excited too... I'll let you know when he gets the visa stamped to the passport :D

Jorman

Apr 28, 2008
Hi all,
I am so excited , I have just checked C-cas AND it said decision made, details of my wife sponsership is as follows

Application recieved Jan. 09 2008 to CPC-MISSISSAUAGA
Sponsership approval Jan 29th
Started processing application in damascus Feb. 11th 2008
Requested documents Feb. 28 th 2008
Documents recieved March 26th 2008
Decision made Apr. 28th 2008,
wish you all good luck

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
Jorman said:
Hi all,
I am so excited , I have just checked C-cas AND it said decision made, details of my wife sponsership is as follows

wish you all good luck
Jorman,

Congrats. Would you mind elaborating on what kind of additional documents they requested on Feb 28th? From the sound of it, your application could have been finalized in a three months period total, instead the additional documents caused you additonal two months. Not that the whole thing was not speedy enough, but still I am curious to what additional documentation they might need later on.

Thanks in advance

NAZ78

Jorman

Apr 28, 2008
Thanks,
They requested
1- personal record of my wife ( it is like birth certificate)
2- an english copy of family book
3- another paper from intelligence that my wife has not commited any offense
Good luck

azadi

Feb 19, 2008
Congratulations Jorman :)

Do you mind if you also tell us where your wife is? I'm just wondering if applications from a particular country are super fast compared to others...

Thanks!

Jorman

Apr 28, 2008
I and my wife are from Jordan, but I think the processing time for Damascus office is 2-5 months, which make my application processing time NORMAL

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
Jorman said:
Thanks,
They requested
1- personal record of my wife ( it is like birth certificate)
2- an english copy of family book
3- another paper from intelligence that my wife has not commited any offense
Good luck
Jorman,

I think people are excited for your case because immigration Canada delivered on it's promise to complete the application within 2-6 months period. People are finding in many cases that immigration takes longer than posted timelines.
Anyway. Thanks for your reply to my question. I have one more if you don't mind. for number # 2 item they requested, are you and your wife listed on the same family book? I am asking because I submitted my wife' family book but that does not show us as husband and wife, her family book lists her father mother and brothers instead.
Also for item # 3, is this "Shahadet hosun sera wa soluk"? or is it something other that, and where do you go to get one? al mukhabarat?

Thank you much

NAZ78

Jorman

Apr 28, 2008
Dear Bro,
Starting with # 3 item question?
Yes, they requested "Shahadet hosun sera wa soluk", but I did include with the application "3adam mahkomeeh from amman court" , so if you miss any of these get them from now because husn elsolok takes ~ 3 weeks to get

also, I suggest that your wife take the marriage certificate to the ahwal madneh and get family book for both of you : which is a great proof that you are husband and wife" and translate it, because they gonna ask for it buddy . I myself included arabic copy of my family book (I and wife listed in one family book" but they requested english translation accombined with arabic copy of the origin.

So, My advise if you are ina hurry get these papers from now , because they gonnna ask for them, good luck and inshallah I will hear good news regarding your application.

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
Thanks Jorman,

No matter how well you plan for these things they always come back asking for somthing you missed!
I guess I'd better have my wife get "3adam ma7komeh", and apply for our family book. We did include in the application Shahadet 7oson sera wa solok, and her family book under her father, but reading your post leaves no doubt that I'll have to do what you said sooner or later.

NAZ78

Jorman

Apr 28, 2008
My wife today recieved a call from the Canadaian embassy in Amman, asking her to bring her passport to stamp Visa on it, goodluck for everyone. It looks like the process now is getting faster.

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello...

Jorman's file was actually received in CPC-M only one day after mine and the sponsorship approved one day before me.... they did not ask for any additional doc from us, so mine was finalized about 1-2 weeks faster...

Thanks to Damascus office that processed the cases this fast :D, my husband has his visa on the passport...

Let;s not jinks Damascus office... and hope the rest of you also get the good news in no time ...

Take care

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Jorman said:
Hi all,

wish you all good luck
Wow that was fast! I hope mine is as fast, congrats!
here is my timeline

Sponsorship Application receieved in MISSISSAUGA - June 5, 2009
Sponsorship application approved - July 10, 2009
Application recieved and "In Process" in Demascus - July 13

Do they send my wife in jordan a letter saying they have received the application? Im asking cuz we had a change of address right around July 15 and if they send to old address then we cant get a hold of it.

gkarayiannis

Jun 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2009
Doc's Request.
02-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-09-2009
File Transfer...
29-09-2009
Passport Req..
17-03-2010
hello to all,

Is been a while since i got here, and because this forum helped me with some questions that i have i decided to start posting my timeline for people to see.

To give you the background:
My wife is Canadian (Toronto) and I am from Cyprus. We lived together in Cyprus for 2 years and we decided to move to Canada.

Send application to CPC-MISSISSAUAGA Sept. 1st, 2009
Received by CPC-MISSISSAUAGA Sept. 2nd, 2009
Letter to my wife approved as a sponsor, Sept. 29th, 2009
Send to Damascus office on Sept. 29th, 2009
Start processing in Damascus office on Oct. 6th, 2009
STATUS READS: IN PROCESS since Oct. 6th, 2009.

I hope this moves fast because i cant wait to move to Canada.

Best of Luck to everyone here and everywhere trying to get a visa.