+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline test takers outside Canada.

UKVAN

Sep 26, 2022
I am also waiting for my test invite. Sep AOR. I moved to USA for work. Looks like I have to spend $2000 for family and time to get back to take the test. I do not have any urgency to get my citizenship, as I will work for at-least 2 years in usa. My PR is valid until sep 2024. So what should i do?
Do it abroad, $2000 is ridiculous. There is no reason you can't take the test online abroad.

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Wh

When did you do the test?
September 27th ish.

Meanwhile I just checked ECAS, I saw "Decision Made" today which wasn't there yesterday. No update in my account yet.

ps2qft

Aug 4, 2014
Took test from USA on January 28, 2022 and have no updates since then. Returned to Canada on February 21, 2022.

I did not include a return itinerary with my evidence of having traveled outside of Canada to be eligible to take the test abroad. I did not even think of including return itinerary and the materials do not suggest that one ought to include that information. Local MP's office suggested I inform them of my return (despite CBSA obviously knowing when I returned to the country). I did so via web form in early September 2022.

Last edited:

mahaan98

Aug 1, 2022
Took test from USA on January 28, 2022 and have no updates since then.

I did not include a return itinerary with my evidence of having traveled outside of Canada to be eligible to take the test abroad. I did not even think of including return itinerary and the materials do not suggest that one ought to include that information. Local MP's office suggested I inform them of my return (despite CBSA obviously knowing when I returned to the country). I did so via web form in early September 2022.
This is crazy. Almost a year. And you think it is because of taking the test abroad? and not anything else from your profile. Looks like its worth spending the money and travelling.

ps2qft

Aug 4, 2014
This is crazy. Almost a year. And you think it is because of taking the test abroad? and not anything else from your profile. Looks like its worth spending the money and travelling.
It is impossible to know the reason for the processing time. I only include my experience as I took the test abroad. My presence calculation is absolutely correct and had a buffer of a few weeks, too. I have no criminal history, not even a speeding ticket, and I have not received request for fingerprints or anything of the like. So, your guess is as good as mine.

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Took test from USA on January 28, 2022 and have no updates since then. Returned to Canada on February 21, 2022.

This is very sad.

Are you back in Canada now. Have you traveled out since then?

Unfortunately it is very difficult to predict how each agent respond to each file.

Order GCMS notes for starters, at least to understand what's going on with your case.

sajjarapu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Does everyone who have been outside of canada for more than 6 months need to give pcc ? I thought this was only required if outside during eligibility, not after you submitted your application.
Can others who got oath invites staying outside longer share your experiences too please !

sajjarapu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Just to counter all the cases where there has been no movement, I haven't experienced comparable delays. I am just waiting on my oath now, and took both my test and the interview outside of Canada and sent fingerprints from outside Canada, too. I also have my correspondence address updated to be outside of Canada. In the interview, the officer said that this doesn't matter (but the oath will have to be inside of Canada) and that I will put in the waiting list for the next available oath date. No noticeable delays compared to many other postings on here.

Here's my timeline:

Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1097
Application: Single
Applications sent: Jan 7th 2022
Application received: Feb 28th
Citizenship test invite: Sept 20th
FP request: Sept 22nd (sent Sept 27th from outside Canada)
Test completed: Sept 27th (outside Canada).
FP Received: October 27th
Background Check Completed: October 27th
Passport request: 3rd November.
Sent passport scans: 3rd November.
Interview request: 10th of December for an online interview on the 10th of Jan 2023.
Interview completed: 10th of January (from outside Canada)
Request for foreign police check: Completed and emailed 11th January 2023.
Prohibitions, Language, Presence: Completed 14th January 2022.
Oath: Not yet started.
Your case is definitely a much needed positive example !! Thanks for sharing!

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Just to counter all the cases where there has been no movement, I haven't experienced comparable delays. I am just waiting on my oath now, and took both my test and the interview outside of Canada and sent fingerprints from outside Canada, too. I also have my correspondence address updated to be outside of Canada. In the interview, the officer said that this doesn't matter (but the oath will have to be inside of Canada) and that I will put in the waiting list for the next available oath date. No noticeable delays compared to many other postings on here.

Here's my timeline:

Interview request: 10th of December for an online interview on the 10th of Jan 2023.
Vancouver folks are benign. This doesn't happen in Scarborough. 45 months and counting.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Does everyone who have been outside of canada for more than 6 months need to give pcc ? I thought this was only required if outside during eligibility, not after you submitted your application.
Can others who got oath invites staying outside longer share your experiences too please !
Yeah, I stayed outside for almost 2 years and this Monday got oath invitation. It's not required beyond eligibility period.

Reactions: sajjarapu

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014

Here's my timeline:

For passport request, did you sent just the first and last page or was it all the pages of the passport?

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Hello Everyone. I am not sure if there is a similar thread tracking test takers outside of Canada.

AOR: July 6th.
Test date Sept 27th
Test completed: October 7th.
Processing office: Calgary.
BC: Completed Aug 25th.
Prohibition: in progress
Physical Presence : in progress
Language: in progress
Oath: not started.

I have read that those who took the exam outside Canada experienced significant delays. This thread will help us track our timeline and compare with those who took their test in Canada.
Update:
Test date Sept 27th
Prohibition: Completed Jan 18
Physical Presence : Completed Jan 18
Language: Completed Jan 18
ECAS decision made Jan 18
Oath ceremony- not started.

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
Update:
Test date Sept 27th
Prohibition: Completed Jan 18
Physical Presence : Completed Jan 18
Language: Completed Jan 18
ECAS decision made Jan 18
Oath ceremony- not started.

Congrats! Happy for you! Just to confirm, you did the test outside Canada? and you applied in 2022 or 2021? Just asking Because I applied in Dec 2021, and did my Test in September 2022 outside of Canada (In the U.S.). Nothing has changed since they updated the test to completed. And now I'm reading that people who did the test outside are facing significant delays. I'm planning to go back to Canada in a couple of weeks to spend sometime, not sure if that would help. I called them a couple of times, they keep saying everything looks fine and that I just need to wait.