+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for Scarborough CIC Office

canada1865

Feb 20, 2006
Hello Everyone:

Does anyone know how the timelines are for Spousal sponsorship application evaluation at Scarborough office? Has anyone recently got AIP?

I am hearing bad news so far..but anyone sharing experience will be appreciated.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1865 said:
Hello Everyone:

Does anyone know how the timelines are for Spousal sponsorship application evaluation at Scarborough office? Has anyone recently got AIP?

I am hearing bad news so far..but anyone sharing experience will be appreciated.
scarborough? isnt it in mississauga?

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Scarborough is a local CIC office that will see some inland applications.

Sorry, I don't know about that office.

joecreosta said:
scarborough? isnt it in mississauga?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I hate to tell you but the Scarborough office is one of the busier local CIC offices in Canada.
Some people have been waiting for 2-3 years just for an interview and AIP.

I am sorry for it, I truly am because I don't wish for anyone to go to the local office but my advice for you is to relax, look at the positives (like being with your spouse/partner), and order your FOSS notes. The FOSS notes can give you an idea as to why your application was sent to the local CIC office. Start preparing yourself and documents now then be ready when the time comes. Most common reasons it seems that applications are sent to the local office is because they either don't believe the relationship is genuine or there is criminality issues. Either way, you may want to start preparing for an interview.

I wish you good luck and strength. Feel free to ask more questions here as they come to you. All of us will try our best to help.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Does anyone know how long the wait is for a landing interview is at the scarbrough office ?

Kissez

Feb 27, 2012
Canadagirl85 said:
Does anyone know how long the wait is for a landing interview is at the scarbrough office ?
it depends if got mine in 3 weeks and others get it in months so it's hard to give a timeline all you can do is wait really

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Kissez said:
it depends if got mine in 3 weeks and others get it in months so it's hard to give a timeline all you can do is wait really
Thanks we got DM march 3rd and they apparently sent a letter that day and we have not received anything yet. its so annoying we want to take vac in April...

Kissez

Feb 27, 2012
Canadagirl85 said:
Thanks we got DM march 3rd and they apparently sent a letter that day and we have not received anything yet. its so annoying we want to take vac in April...
well very soon you should receive a letter congratulations on your DM lucky you going on a vacation I now have to work and save to go on mine

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Kissez said:
well very soon you should receive a letter congratulations on your DM lucky you going on a vacation I now have to work and save to go on mine
aww :-( hopeful you can go soon !!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Anyone hear anything from the Scarborough office ? Getting so annoyed with the wait.... Does anyone have a time line for Scarborough ?

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
No sorry.

I received DM on Feb 7, 2012 and am still waiting on the Victoria office to contact me, so it could be worse!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
CanAusGal said:
No sorry.

I received DM on Feb 7, 2012 and am still waiting on the Victoria office to contact me, so it could be worse!
OMG.... whats going on with our government... Do they contact you via mail or phone ? My wifes phone number changed we are scared to call in and update it we dont want to prolong the process!

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
I was told the landing interview request will be via post.

I've heard of one person also receiving a follow-up phone call, but the majority are via post.

R

robrod

I landed in Scarborough...
The wait is 2 months from the day they send you the DM letter. And the appointment itself will be for a month later.
The landing is the best though, so hang on, the light at the end of the tunnel is near...

R

robrod

DM letter comes from Vegreville in one of those nice big brown envelopes, regular mail. And the one with the appointment date from Scarborough is also a brown one but normal legal size, regular mail.
If you wanna know what those 2 letters say, read my past postings. I posted them there. All of the letters you receive in the process, in fact.