+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for PNP Applicants for onlyNew Delhi Visa Office (2012-2013)

Krishnasvmohan

May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manitoba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may-09-2012
Nomination.....
November
AOR Received.
feb-22-2013
Congrats...................wish you all the very best

Krishna

vsingh89 said:
Thanks a lot friend finall i got mesaage your passport has been delivered to vfs delhi please collect.

I am very excited hope all of you soon get maple leaf on your passport soon..........

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Thanks all of u for your best wishes i am planing to move winnipeg any onle moving to winnipeg PM me.....for any query also PM me

dipanchokshi

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning house.
Those who already land in winnipeg kindly share your experience about getting Social Security Number. How soon you can get this? How you can get rented apartment?

Thanks guys.

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Hi Dipan - geting SIN is perhaps the easiest... NUmber u will get immediately... card may come after 20 days... just go to nearest "Service Canada" office.. they will help....

Bank acc also very easy and immediate... i opened in ScotiaBank... in 10 mins...

dipanchokshi

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineethere said:
Hi Dipan - geting SIN is perhaps the easiest... NUmber u will get immediately... card may come after 20 days... just go to nearest "Service Canada" office.. they will help....

Bank acc also very easy and immediate... i opened in ScotiaBank... in 10 mins...
Thanks a lot Vineet. I guess time taking thing is driving license is that so?
Can we arrange rented apartment from india so when we come down there we can move easily ?

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Yes.. DL takes little time... its called Graduated system here - G1->G2->G (G is Full license here), but may take 24 mths to get...

Yes,.. housing u can very much try from there.. visit - http://www.craigslist.ca/ (select your city/province). For eg., for me it will be http://toronto.cragslist.ca... and so on...

I too booked from India only...

-Vineet

dipanchokshi

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineethere said:
Yes.. DL takes little time... its called Graduated system here - G1->G2->G (G is Full license here), but may take 24 mths to get...

Yes,.. housing u can very much try from there.. visit - http://www.craigslist.ca/ (select your city/province). For eg., for me it will be http://toronto.cragslist.ca... and so on...

I too booked from India only...

-Vineet
Oh thats great. I ll try this.

silver_75

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
http://winnipeg.en.craigslist.ca/ this is website that is frequently used in Canada for buy and sell, jobs and housing or anything. you could just email them and they could communicate with you. Also rent deposit is required to be paid in advance which can be done through transferring money into their account or through cheque. if you are worried about scamming then maybe have someone u know in winnipeg look at the apartment for you at Winnipeg and pay the deposit. Canada is pretty safe anyways. I hear just to be careful with buying cars in this website other than that it is very safe. I think this is the best way to get apartment ready when you land there. I know this because I have lived in Canada.

dipanchokshi said:
Can we arrange rented apartment from india so when we come down there we can move easily ?

silver_75

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Please take your home licence from your home country so when you get there you just need to pass a written and spoken test and get a full license. I am pretty sure you can get your license quiet easily in India like in Nepal. if you already have lisence, it is easiest to get full license as opposed to if you didnt, then it will take year or two to get full license.

dipanchokshi said:

silver_75

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
sorry i meant practical test ...not spoken lol and written exam in computer based test where you need to score 80% quiet easy once you read the traffic book.

silver_75 said:
Please take your home licence from your home country so when you get there you just need to pass a written and spoken test and get a full license. I am pretty sure you can get your license quiet easily in India like in Nepal. if you already have lisence, it is easiest to get full license as opposed to if you didnt, then it will take year or two to get full license.

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
PLease note that, Indian DL is not valid in its existing form. THey need proof from RTO telling that you have > 24months of driving experience. That will waive off only the wait time. You need to nevertheless give all the tests (G1->G2-G).

(Go to your RTO and ask for a document called "DL extract"). I got it a fee of 10/- in my RTO in Bangalore before coming here.

-Vineet

SM123

Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP- 22 June 2012 CIC- 8 Jan 2013
Doc's Request.
Not as yet
Nomination.....
22 November 2012
AOR Received.
1st AOR- CIC- 14 Feb 2013 2nd AOR- NDVO- 21 June 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Main application
File Transfer...
21 June 2013
Med's Request
08 October 2013
Med's Done....
12 October 2013
Interview........
Seems Waived off!!!
Passport Req..
08 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24 January 2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon!!!
vineethere said:
Hi SM - One question - did they ask PCC at the time of PPR for u?? I am wondering, if PCC expiry date they see is at the time of sending PPR or the day file transfer happens to Delhi?? If its on File Transfer day, then i am safe...

Actually, its not my mistake... if this stupid strike was not there, then by now.. PR only would've come.. they delayed it...
:(
Hi Vineet,

I understand that, if the strike would not have been there, majority of us would have landed in Canada by now! :) Anyways, better late than never!

My PCC was dated 1st Dec 2012. Ideally PCC's are valid for 3 months but NDVO considers validity of 1 year. Depends upon the date they send the MR+RPRF+PPR request and what all factors the VO considers while processing the file.

What is your Ecas status? Generally, you get an email response from NDVO within 4 working days from the day your Ecas is changed to In-process. Do monitor that as well!

Cheers,
S

silver_75

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Oh that is really weird because until 2011 they used to accept it quiet easily. that is how I got my license but again I was already driving with my licence for a while because somehow in Canada they let you drive with you home country licence without any problem. If the traffic ask for your license they tell you to get your canadian license, I had that happen to me but I used my same license for 3-4 years with no problems at all and a lot of immigrant/ international students too did the same. My sister in MB got licence got the same way and that was in 2012, ofcourse she was driving more than 24 months but the only way to prove that was her license issue date. so I dont know having your licence from your home country will definitely help in someways or the other. I don't know if the regulation completely changed in 2013.

vineethere said:
PLease note that, Indian DL is not valid in its existing form. THey need proof from RTO telling that you have > 24months of driving experience. That will waive off only the wait time. You need to nevertheless give all the tests (G1->G2-G).

(Go to your RTO and ask for a document called "DL extract"). I got it a fee of 10/- in my RTO in Bangalore before coming here.

-Vineet