waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
mga ka group mates, good day po sa inyo,

ask ko lang kasi yung decision letter na mailed na daw nung sept 30 ng mpnp, tanong ko lang po gano katagal po yung transit nun kung yung letter eh sa akin mismo babagsak dito sa SAudi Arabia??..

may idea po ba kayo kung ilang weeks ang hintayin ko para mag land sa kamay ko po?

thanks.

Flor Co

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS po!!!!! sa lahat ng nag PPR na!!!! at may mga visa na!!!!

ask ko din lang kung may nagtry na po sa inyo na naka book na pa Canada na bumili ng winter gear and stuffs sa Winter House, Cartimar, Pasay City? Tailor made po daw at mas mura.

Thanks everyone!

warblade25

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014 / 02 / 09
Doc's Request.
2014 / 03 / 07 SP2
AOR Received.
2014 / 02 / 18
Flor Co said:
CONGRATULATIONS po!!!!! sa lahat ng nag PPR na!!!! at may mga visa na!!!!

ask ko din lang kung may nagtry na po sa inyo na naka book na pa Canada na bumili ng winter gear and stuffs sa Winter House, Cartimar, Pasay City? Tailor made po daw at mas mura.

Thanks everyone!
Hi flor, check the fabric they use if its made of wool, dahil wool ang pang lamig, baka kc masayang lng ang pera mo... tnx

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
immanuelluna said:
JUST WANT TO SHARE...

Angel Belle
Hello fellow kababayans here in Canada already and Filipinos around the world dreaming for Canada. I have been silent member of this group. Taking encouragement and strength in all your experiences. I've been wanting to to share my life here as a new Permanent Resident. Few members may have already read this in other popular forums. Nevertheless, I will give much try and reach out here...just bear with any typos, grammar errs and flaws in execution.

Oh Canada was a dream...just like yours and mine. But my story was like this. I almost didn't made it clear right here in Canada. Waited for 5 years I did, just to eventually set foot in Canadian soil. In fact, I wasn't expecting at all. Come, it comes. No come, stay put. But Oh Canada, half a century waiting really made me well prepared for my next life in Vancouver, BC.

Pre-Canada in my early 30's, I was a CPA with MBA degree at UP. Worked all my life as an accountant in Pampanga. Never been junior...never been below an accountant role. On the side, I would teach part time at AMA for young accounting students...all hopefuls. Those days, you yearn the masters degree for additional points if you were single applicant for FSW. I was in the old fashion drop box system. No such things as fast tracks or forums or FB groups such as this to get you feeds for information. My internet savvy only sprung here. While there at State U, I met my soon-to-be-spouse piling his degrees. As a classmate no less. He a stalker (lols) but had a pedigree...full blooded Maroon. Raised from tilling soils. A thrifty person. No hunk. Charmer. I was the main applicant, he tagged along courting. Charmer right? As I waited for the magic V, we graduated with the MBA degrees...one year apart. Which worked wonderfully.

When PPR & Visa came (was hoping no more), so did my Angel in my skinny tummy. Timing right? Delay our landing we did. Oh Canada has to wait for awhile. Meaning, an infant has to tagged along with us too. Meaning additional medicals...added costs...added taxes...added anxiousness. Add a first time parent goin' in a new country. Seriously? It became more interestin'...my parents persistently insisting we would migrate without a year old child. But declined they were. By summer of oh ten, we were holding farewell dinners to families and friends. Three of us were embarking away. Disillusioned yet undeterred.

When we were all set to fly 2 days before expiration of the visas, NAIA and mother nature came clashing. Flights were cancelled/delayed, no electricity at the airport. Typhoon forgot her name was just maddening. Crazy. It took us more than a day from airport to airport to grab a piece of our Canadian Dream. 2010 July, we can breath a different air. Finally, we will trailblaze a different path of our own as we have NIL family or known relatives in Vancouver. Eagerly, we called all our families and relatives back home anxiously waiting for our safe arrival after a dismal departure. 24 hours just back, we were all crying and power hugging at the Philippines airport. In a blink, the three of us were gazing at the beautiful British Columbia with the free ride of my former co-worker back home...an accountant too. Networks...contacts!

Vancouver, hockey crazy town, fantabulous weather, one of the livable cities in the world in many surveys. We had no idea what was here. Because it was our dream to migrate in Vancouver...we chose it. That was it. Why Vancouver? It was our dream. We gambled for a city with a very delicate plight of uncertainty. Once in Canada...it was business-like approach for us. We started financial planning from the get go. We were both in the business world after all. Everything will be audited. Audit is a strong word. Control is better. Cash flow monitoring was essential. Harnessed with 4 business degrees combined, we have to accept and listen to offer from our host. Terms were set, share expenses we will during our short stay. Burden we will not be. We had our own "baon" for use. In Canada, bills, taxes and mortgage (or rent), insurances are a way of life. This family was no different. But kind hearted they were. Later on in life, we were in that same boat but to a greater extent.

Stuffed in basement small room with single bed for 3 of us, packed like sardines, our first sleepless night was a telling story...we knew what was life ahead of us in Canada. Gone were our comfort levels. Just 2 days before, we were sleeping comfortable in our cribs. That disappeared in a breeze. What a appeared though was an unknown future for us here in Canada. And so, the PR card, the SIN, banks, MSP (medical health insurance) for BC residents only, CCTB & UCCB ( child benefits or child support from the govt ) all paperworks all done in a snap. No procrastination...no reason for delay. These child benefits were my ATM's from the government. A week in Vancouver after all gala during the weekends...week 3 after week 2 we took turns attending workshops. In less than a month, one of us was hired to grind at Superstore in Vancouver. By the fourth week, had the first salary already. Sweet CAD we smelled by our brute and force. Business was shaping up...so to speak. We were here to stay and thus were no longer looking back nor thinking for heading cold east nor staring up colder north.

After more than a month, we were ready to move and live on our own. Strategically and economically, we had to find the cheapest affordable place to stay in Vancouver. Near to everywhere was our motto. Near to bus, train, grocery, church and community centre. All that we need. $800 all in rent was a bargain for us. Me being an accountant had to show wits in negotiating for rent. Paying half-down in cash, I sealed the deal without much funfare. Without a reference. Without his approval. The secret...lease for one year. Budgeting was like this...grinding at Superstore paid for rent and bus pass. CCTB and UCCB paid for foods and daily living expenses plus a small sum for RESP for the child. Petty sum for life insurance we took out from whatever is left from extra hours worked at Superstore or from our show money. What is $50 bucks a month for peace of mind and potential life saver. And mind you, that small sum of premium is now more than $50. Other expenses/material bills had to wait. Not in the budget not gonna do. No camping, no high end phones, no fashion, no new TV, no car, no branded stuffs, no fancy restaurant. It was a simple smart plan. Vancouver was known for high standards of living for all of you...but not for us...our new standard was to live frugal.

By end of our first summer, I was still jobless but employed to my infant. It was the best job I ever had in awhile. I was taking care of our small budget, I am an accountant in my heart. UP boy keeps on grinding but he is not wilting. He is a natural performer in what he accepted doing. He threw thrash, swept floors, sold fruits. Commuted cold everyday. Body ached. No complaint. I can tell, he was a farm boy once. I was overjoyed by his passion and new dedication in an odd job. In all that, I was hopeful to get a job I so loved doing. I was made to crunch numbers and pull decisions. All my working life. Nah, none came. Interviews were cruel. I was over-qualified and had no experience working here. No luck getting hired for an accounting related job. There were lots of jobs but not for inexperienced one ( oh by Canadian culture ). By the time the MSP (another expense) came out rolling, I took the easy way route. I knew there are jobs out there...pretended not to be choosy. Worked at McDonalds as front end cashier. Crazy, luck as is, I would still crunch numbers albeit counted coins and paper money. By the fourth-fifth month in Canada, I have to get up 4am to work 6am in the morning. This was winter folks. Walking in the snow was no fluke. 4 hours at McDo on certain skeds learning the tricks 'til I too became natural in taking orders and cranking the cashier's box. I grasped the local culture here in BC by conversing with the locals up front. Snapped, we got two jobs already. Our financial planning just got break-even and things are rolling but still no profit as hours are minimum. However, I had that elusive Canadian experience. Staying for long wasn't a goal for we had dreams. I wanted to be a Certified General Accountant in Canada.

Xmas season 2010 was our first in a snow world. But Vancouver rarely had white xmas. This gave us ways to save more. We need not buy a car, need not pay car insurance. There was no snow piling up here. Thrice or four times it snowed. That was it. Commute and public transpo was the best. A-lister. Settled our personal bills first than material bills. That was the key to these days. Save more we did, I got into the CGA pace level program in Dec. 2010 at the University of British Columbia as I worked on my assessments and grants. Impressed my case managers at Mosaic for the grants. Free pass. 3/4 reimbursement on tuition. CGA program draped in 3 years tasked with 6 course subjects penned at 6 nationwide exams. A family goal was set. Impossible. Never been done. Not in Vancouver where it is very very expensive. Not for an ordinary young Filipino couple with a 1 year old child. We're old for this upgrading. We had to work to augment income. Bills are constant. So many excuses to think of...but we had a plan. We did not deviate. It was the only way we knew.

Our skeds and timings were all altered...we had to adjust. I grind in the morning...mister grind in the afternoon. Lil Angel was still enjoying our alternate time. With the McDonald's job headlining my resume...finally I got hired in the accounting world. But wait...it was volunteering for an small accounting firm in Downtown Vancouver. FOR FREE! Gracious. It was what I needed. They trained me for 2 days, worked 8 hours free I did on weekends...when no one was in the office. I was trusted by a Canadian small business owner. Clearly a step forward to what I wanna be. But clearly too, less time with my family in a no income activity. SACRIFICE.

Along the way, I knew my next break is still out there. That is when my case manager from my local workshop from week 3 in Canada came up calling. A Filipino owned start-up remittance firm was looking for an accounting consultant. I grabbed it and got hired but consultant capacity only as it was start-up biz. Before I knew it...my week was like: work morning McDo 4 hrs, work afternoon at the remittance office 4 hrs, study in the evening, worked free at weekends, do assignments after weekend work. I was glued to my dreams. Whew I was supermom. Boy I was glad our financial plans are still holding up. We continue to earned, saved, build our premiums for protections...savings in the future at the same time. No brainer. We were different in this act than most fellow new immigrants. We cared for one another's future. By then, hub shifted grinding in the evening. He closed shifts. He went home commuting past 12 am every wee hours. He was braved. By then he got home, we were both snoring. Sleep he went...he woke me up for my reviews deep into my Taxation courses at CGA. By the time I'm gone for work they were both snoring. Such a life for us. PERSEVERANCE

Soon, I called it quits at Ronalds. My volunteer work at the accounting firm evolved into part-time job. Luck? No I had to seek for it. I have to be a "Canadian", I spoke my mind to my white employer. I succeeded. I proved that I was worth their minimum wage for my accounting expertise. Whew, a source of income from what I used to do. But hours are hard to come by still. I worked part time only. We held tight to our financial plans. I did household budgeting to the single cents. We grinded thru the winter and spring of 2011. By next summer, our second...I soon called it quits with the remittance firm...coz by then I was ready for my real break.

Mid 2011. I've done three very important courses for CGA already. I was determined to get the certification as targeted. No matter how hard it was. In between sem breaks, I got myself a precious certificate in the financial industry as encouraged by our Financial Advisor. Us unaware,he was a big time sales manager at his agency earning 3x a triple digit salary. He was referred to us. This cert or license was just worth the value of a brand new big flat screen TV. Two big exams. Swished both once. No retakes. Can't miss project for a worth of TV. Smart investment too. A very related cert in the accounting industry. Suddenly, I was well-versed in the insurance and investment lingo with this. Became more marketable I was and heavy referenced too at my previous transition jobs. All because I left in great terms. A good soldier. I still got a job in an accounting firm albeit part time still. My fam stood by me. Full support. It was a team plan. We all grinded. No shortcuts. I was sending resumes non-stop. I hired headhunter to look for my next big game employer. Oh that hiring was free. No single centavo spent. I was the agent's product. I was building a solid profile for headhunters. My credit rating was very good for credit checks of potential big game employer. I had CGA courses tucked under my belt. It was matter of time for me.

Big game player, an MNC mining company, in downtown Vancouver came calling my agent in matter of weeks. She set me up for the interview. I nailed two sets. Sweet I got what I want. Power of negotiation and interview skills set harnessed by many interviews done in the past. From minimum hourly wage to a salary hovering above half a triple digit annual salary...it was all I worked hard for. Back to an accountant position. All because we grinded from the bottom, all because we had solid financial foundations already in place, all because we upgraded, all because we lived frugal, all because we did volunteering works, all because we believed we can be better in what we do.

By the latter of 2011, I would continue burning eyebrows late at nights to get another course subject for the CGA. I couldn't keep up also with part time job during weekends at the other accounting firm. It was fair to bid goodbye to my goodfriend employer/boss who gave me the break. This time too, daddy was deep into his 6 month program certification himself. He too had his fair share of dreams other than patiently wait for mine. Once a grinder still a grinder. Work at night, study in the morning, took care of our child in the morning, attend school at certain nights. Two exams one provincial level, all one takes. Smart guy. Just like me. Used tuition money wisely. He a banker in the Philippines eased in slowly back in the financial industry here in Canada. Onset of 2012, we were both in the financial industry our forte and trainings and education on planning for taxes, estate, insurance, educational savings, retirement savings, financial health and disability. Our knack for studying were off the roof. It was a skills set worthy of emulation. 4 exams all one take. Money well spent on tuition. Time and effort exerted not gone into waste.

As we were building our business portfolio and career at the financial industry, and raising certs after certs for continuous education...our first big investment came by early 2012. 18 months into Canada, we had our 2br/2fb brandnew condo unit mortgaged at BNS (free ads huh). House poor no more in Metro Vancouver no less. STOPPED RENT! Yes, we are officially rent free family. Yes our very own place for living. Yes we build our own cribs. From rent to equity...we used our early sound financial planning techniques to get into this. Our strong credit history/rating did us wonders. We continued to live frugal and I was goal driven for the CGA title. Lest we forget we are financial advisors ourselves and took business like approach when we got into Canada. Who can best exemplify our works than ourselves.

By the 19th-20th month, we were itching for our first own chideng. We were ready to uncommute. No we weren't tired. But it was just time. Leading to this, hub was secretly reviewing for his driving license. One take knowledge exam, one take road test. Whew! License to drive (me around) at last. Mighty proud of him. Spent money wisely. We leased a pre-sale 2013 brand-new SUV for our first ever car. Leasing was tax deduction strategy for us. It was the right buy. Thus lessons to keep, while others priorities are mobile, techno, leisure and fancy driven from the start, we were disciplined to be commutable, low tech, non-descript stay home bookies, value village driven family. Both nothing wrong but commuting saved us thousands of dollars for downpayment, RESPs, RRSP's, life plans, and upgrading.

Somewhat recognised already in Vancouver as an upcoming CGA and Financial Advisor, I was actively participating and giving free tax workshops during tax season of 2011/12 in Vancouver. Left and right, I've been invited to talk and be a resource speaker in Filipino gatherings. Most of my audiences were caregivers and nannies. Twice I held tax talks for business owners in the childcare industry. One event, guests were not only Filipinos. They all came from different colors. Tax doesn't pick color of skin anyway. It picks on your income. More telling, once I was even given a moment to speak and encourage new immigrants at the Philippine Independence Day celebration in Vancouver. Talk about guts and recognition eh.

By the 28th month, it was payback time. My parents came aboard via Supervisa good for 10 years. It was the least we could do for them. An unexpected dream come true for the oldies...away from the hard life back home. No more driving tricycle for pops. No more gauntlet of works for mom. Live life with us. Breath fresh air. Meet new people. Where they can enjoy beautiful British Columbia and have new challenges at the very late stage of their lives. For me, a truly proud moment...reunited with my parents under my care. My folks, they too play a role in our life here. They are source of pride for us. They give care to our Angel as we continue to tackle the daily brutal challenges of transition. They symbolizes are hard work in Canada.

Lost in the shuffle of my parents stay here is my continuous devotion for academic and professional excellence. Got my 4th and 5th subject course with flying marks. Was down to one course all of a sudden. At my new job, now working as a full time accountant of a multi-million mining company in Vancouver with offices around the world. It was the love and passion of my career. I hit it. Not big time. But the time I needed. Aligned after all the pains I have to go through. Those seven days a week of work for minimum wage/volunteer now a thing of the past.. To these days, I still work non-stop a week as I double my role in the society here in Canada as a financial advisor, tax expert, resource speaker, motivator, philanthropist and soon an entrepreneur dreaming big. Around here, I am relatively known for helping and sharing my gained expertise in the financial world to new immigrants and not so old alike. To an extent it has become my calling. This of course is done in tandem with my spouse and to an extent with my parents.

As financial advisors with accountant mindset in me, we were fast growing as entreps in our field here in Vancouver. By our first year in 2012 serving financial needs of Filipinos here in BC, we were already awardees in what we do. By mid 2013, expanded in reach, we were awarded as one of the top 3 brokers in our agency. By this September, we will be receiving the one of two award (our third) for top producer in one category at our agency. Besting hundred sixty plus other colleagues and managers alike. Not bad for a new immigrant eh. How? We have exhibited dedication and passion in helping others. To date, we have countless of families we've directly help with jobs and just solutions to everyday problem. Our kababayans constantly seek us for advices with work, banking, taxes, mortgages, finances, insurances, savings, professions and just basically life in general. Plus we continue to upgrade ourselves and voluntarily acted as mentors for new immigrants and accounting professionals from the Philippines. We were happy with all of this. Seems all our hardwork and sacrifices are paying dividends.

Few more months passed by and another season changed, I held myself accountable to lots of stuffs and responsibilities at home, at work, at UBC, at my profession. So relieved that effective August 31, 2013, I can say I am already a Certified General Accountant in Canada. Now I can officially make name cards with a CGA title next to my surname. Two years and half, I was finally done grinding with upgrading and work. 8 exams. 0 fail. 0 student loan. 2 certificates. Triple digit income will be a big target. Citizenship, new target role as Controller, next property in Alberta where it housing is booming, my own accounting firm...are all on the horizon.

We did it. We listen to us and successful persons. We were focused and motivated. Carpe Diem our mantra. Sound financial planning from the get-go. In God we trusted. All this I had no remorse. This was just the main recourse for a once struggling desperate and depressed no work mom before. And so finally, I welcome myself to Canada. So finally a dream came true. Finally, our first chapter to share. Feel free to add or pm me in your friends list if you have questions about your taxes, other CRA issues or concerns on your financial literacy here in Canada.

Fellow Filipinos here in this group, I really wish you all the best of ways here in Canada...seek your passion and upgrade. Sacrifice and persevere. Work with your financial plans right away. Very important. You can do better than what and where you are at the moment. Stand proud as a Filipino and be counted as new immigrants in your society wherever you are in Canada. So for us, we go experience what is camping all about, we can now go cross border and seek what other stuffs Canada has to offer. — in Vancouver, British Columbia.

thanks for sharing ur experiences n Canada....hope we can survive too...

manny25santos

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Cavite
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
TWP 18-07-2013, PR 18-10-2013
Nomination.....
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
TWP 18-09-2013/ 20-11-2013 PR
IELTS Request
27- 04-2013
File Transfer...
18-10-2013
Med's Request
MR TWP 18-09-2013
Med's Done....
TWP 23-09-2013, Medical sent to CEM 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013 TWP
ask a question lang guys- guys tanong lang, sa resibo ba pangalan ko po ba ang ilalagay ko dun? 2 kopya ng resibo ang isasama ko sa application ko or isa lang? kakabayad ko lang po ng PR fee ko thru credit card para ipadala nan sa nova scotia.

mystic_nayeli

Dec 3, 2010
Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 27, 2011
Nomination.....
September 17, 2012
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
March 7, 2013
Med's Done....
March 14, 2013 and CEM received it on March 28, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
September 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2013
immanuelluna,

Your story is truly inspiring. You make us proud. Everything in life's work is about trusting God, being patient and persevering.

God bless! ;D

Flor Co

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
:) ;) :D ;D :eek: 8)

SALAMAT PO PANGINOON! Salamat din mga forum mates !!!! Birthday bukas ng husband ko!

DUMATING NA PO ANG PR CANADA VISA namin!!!!!!!

kelotz

Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2012
Doc's Request.
11-10-2012
Nomination.....
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-11-2013
Flor Co said:

SALAMAT PO PANGINOON! Salamat din mga forum mates !!!! Birthday bukas ng husband ko!

congrats.. anong courier po?

Flor Co

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
kelotz said:
congrats.. anong courier po?

hindi ko alam kelotz kc since 2005 hawak na for us ng Canadian Immigration Consultancy ang mga papel namin at lahat lahat.

pinadalan na kami ng SCANNED COPY ng mga passports ng buo family namin VISA STAMPED na.

SUSUNOD KA NA KELOTZ sa Monday mag hintay ka na. MAGKASABAY tayo ng PPR remember?

warblade25

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014 / 02 / 09
Doc's Request.
2014 / 03 / 07 SP2
AOR Received.
2014 / 02 / 18
Flor Co said:

congrats!!!!!!!

Flor Co

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
warblade25 said:
congrats!!!!!!!

salamat po! tapus na po ang strike! super bilis na po ang processing ngayon kaya handa handa na kayo mga nasa waiting list - KAYO NA ANG SUSUNOD SA PPR AT VISA STAMPING!!!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
Flor Co said:

WOW...congrats Flor Co....kalian na received ng CEM ang passports nyo? God Bless...

kelotz

Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2012
Doc's Request.
11-10-2012
Nomination.....
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-11-2013
Flor Co said:
hindi ko alam kelotz kc since 2005 hawak na for us ng Canadian Immigration Consultancy ang mga papel namin at lahat lahat.

pinadalan na kami ng SCANNED COPY ng mga passports ng buo family namin VISA STAMPED na.

SUSUNOD KA NA KELOTZ sa Monday mag hintay ka na. MAGKASABAY tayo ng PPR remember?
antay antay pa kami ng 2 weeks max para sa passports namin.

Ritz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2011
Nomination.....
September 12, 2012
AOR Received.
December 31, 2012
Med's Request
March 7, 2013
Med's Done....
March 13, 2013
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time - Sept. 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time - Sept. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
immanuelluna said:
JUST WANT TO SHARE...

Angel Belle
Hello fellow kababayans here in Canada already and Filipinos around the world dreaming for Canada. I have been silent member of this group. Taking encouragement and strength in all your experiences. I've been wanting to to share my life here as a new Permanent Resident. Few members may have already read this in other popular forums. Nevertheless, I will give much try and reach out here...just bear with any typos, grammar errs and flaws in execution.

Oh Canada was a dream...just like yours and mine. But my story was like this. I almost didn't made it clear right here in Canada. Waited for 5 years I did, just to eventually set foot in Canadian soil. In fact, I wasn't expecting at all. Come, it comes. No come, stay put. But Oh Canada, half a century waiting really made me well prepared for my next life in Vancouver, BC.

Pre-Canada in my early 30's, I was a CPA with MBA degree at UP. Worked all my life as an accountant in Pampanga. Never been junior...never been below an accountant role. On the side, I would teach part time at AMA for young accounting students...all hopefuls. Those days, you yearn the masters degree for additional points if you were single applicant for FSW. I was in the old fashion drop box system. No such things as fast tracks or forums or FB groups such as this to get you feeds for information. My internet savvy only sprung here. While there at State U, I met my soon-to-be-spouse piling his degrees. As a classmate no less. He a stalker (lols) but had a pedigree...full blooded Maroon. Raised from tilling soils. A thrifty person. No hunk. Charmer. I was the main applicant, he tagged along courting. Charmer right? As I waited for the magic V, we graduated with the MBA degrees...one year apart. Which worked wonderfully.

When PPR & Visa came (was hoping no more), so did my Angel in my skinny tummy. Timing right? Delay our landing we did. Oh Canada has to wait for awhile. Meaning, an infant has to tagged along with us too. Meaning additional medicals...added costs...added taxes...added anxiousness. Add a first time parent goin' in a new country. Seriously? It became more interestin'...my parents persistently insisting we would migrate without a year old child. But declined they were. By summer of oh ten, we were holding farewell dinners to families and friends. Three of us were embarking away. Disillusioned yet undeterred.

When we were all set to fly 2 days before expiration of the visas, NAIA and mother nature came clashing. Flights were cancelled/delayed, no electricity at the airport. Typhoon forgot her name was just maddening. Crazy. It took us more than a day from airport to airport to grab a piece of our Canadian Dream. 2010 July, we can breath a different air. Finally, we will trailblaze a different path of our own as we have NIL family or known relatives in Vancouver. Eagerly, we called all our families and relatives back home anxiously waiting for our safe arrival after a dismal departure. 24 hours just back, we were all crying and power hugging at the Philippines airport. In a blink, the three of us were gazing at the beautiful British Columbia with the free ride of my former co-worker back home...an accountant too. Networks...contacts!

Vancouver, hockey crazy town, fantabulous weather, one of the livable cities in the world in many surveys. We had no idea what was here. Because it was our dream to migrate in Vancouver...we chose it. That was it. Why Vancouver? It was our dream. We gambled for a city with a very delicate plight of uncertainty. Once in Canada...it was business-like approach for us. We started financial planning from the get go. We were both in the business world after all. Everything will be audited. Audit is a strong word. Control is better. Cash flow monitoring was essential. Harnessed with 4 business degrees combined, we have to accept and listen to offer from our host. Terms were set, share expenses we will during our short stay. Burden we will not be. We had our own "baon" for use. In Canada, bills, taxes and mortgage (or rent), insurances are a way of life. This family was no different. But kind hearted they were. Later on in life, we were in that same boat but to a greater extent.

Stuffed in basement small room with single bed for 3 of us, packed like sardines, our first sleepless night was a telling story...we knew what was life ahead of us in Canada. Gone were our comfort levels. Just 2 days before, we were sleeping comfortable in our cribs. That disappeared in a breeze. What a appeared though was an unknown future for us here in Canada. And so, the PR card, the SIN, banks, MSP (medical health insurance) for BC residents only, CCTB & UCCB ( child benefits or child support from the govt ) all paperworks all done in a snap. No procrastination...no reason for delay. These child benefits were my ATM's from the government. A week in Vancouver after all gala during the weekends...week 3 after week 2 we took turns attending workshops. In less than a month, one of us was hired to grind at Superstore in Vancouver. By the fourth week, had the first salary already. Sweet CAD we smelled by our brute and force. Business was shaping up...so to speak. We were here to stay and thus were no longer looking back nor thinking for heading cold east nor staring up colder north.

After more than a month, we were ready to move and live on our own. Strategically and economically, we had to find the cheapest affordable place to stay in Vancouver. Near to everywhere was our motto. Near to bus, train, grocery, church and community centre. All that we need. $800 all in rent was a bargain for us. Me being an accountant had to show wits in negotiating for rent. Paying half-down in cash, I sealed the deal without much funfare. Without a reference. Without his approval. The secret...lease for one year. Budgeting was like this...grinding at Superstore paid for rent and bus pass. CCTB and UCCB paid for foods and daily living expenses plus a small sum for RESP for the child. Petty sum for life insurance we took out from whatever is left from extra hours worked at Superstore or from our show money. What is $50 bucks a month for peace of mind and potential life saver. And mind you, that small sum of premium is now more than $50. Other expenses/material bills had to wait. Not in the budget not gonna do. No camping, no high end phones, no fashion, no new TV, no car, no branded stuffs, no fancy restaurant. It was a simple smart plan. Vancouver was known for high standards of living for all of you...but not for us...our new standard was to live frugal.

By end of our first summer, I was still jobless but employed to my infant. It was the best job I ever had in awhile. I was taking care of our small budget, I am an accountant in my heart. UP boy keeps on grinding but he is not wilting. He is a natural performer in what he accepted doing. He threw thrash, swept floors, sold fruits. Commuted cold everyday. Body ached. No complaint. I can tell, he was a farm boy once. I was overjoyed by his passion and new dedication in an odd job. In all that, I was hopeful to get a job I so loved doing. I was made to crunch numbers and pull decisions. All my working life. Nah, none came. Interviews were cruel. I was over-qualified and had no experience working here. No luck getting hired for an accounting related job. There were lots of jobs but not for inexperienced one ( oh by Canadian culture ). By the time the MSP (another expense) came out rolling, I took the easy way route. I knew there are jobs out there...pretended not to be choosy. Worked at McDonalds as front end cashier. Crazy, luck as is, I would still crunch numbers albeit counted coins and paper money. By the fourth-fifth month in Canada, I have to get up 4am to work 6am in the morning. This was winter folks. Walking in the snow was no fluke. 4 hours at McDo on certain skeds learning the tricks 'til I too became natural in taking orders and cranking the cashier's box. I grasped the local culture here in BC by conversing with the locals up front. Snapped, we got two jobs already. Our financial planning just got break-even and things are rolling but still no profit as hours are minimum. However, I had that elusive Canadian experience. Staying for long wasn't a goal for we had dreams. I wanted to be a Certified General Accountant in Canada.

Xmas season 2010 was our first in a snow world. But Vancouver rarely had white xmas. This gave us ways to save more. We need not buy a car, need not pay car insurance. There was no snow piling up here. Thrice or four times it snowed. That was it. Commute and public transpo was the best. A-lister. Settled our personal bills first than material bills. That was the key to these days. Save more we did, I got into the CGA pace level program in Dec. 2010 at the University of British Columbia as I worked on my assessments and grants. Impressed my case managers at Mosaic for the grants. Free pass. 3/4 reimbursement on tuition. CGA program draped in 3 years tasked with 6 course subjects penned at 6 nationwide exams. A family goal was set. Impossible. Never been done. Not in Vancouver where it is very very expensive. Not for an ordinary young Filipino couple with a 1 year old child. We're old for this upgrading. We had to work to augment income. Bills are constant. So many excuses to think of...but we had a plan. We did not deviate. It was the only way we knew.

Our skeds and timings were all altered...we had to adjust. I grind in the morning...mister grind in the afternoon. Lil Angel was still enjoying our alternate time. With the McDonald's job headlining my resume...finally I got hired in the accounting world. But wait...it was volunteering for an small accounting firm in Downtown Vancouver. FOR FREE! Gracious. It was what I needed. They trained me for 2 days, worked 8 hours free I did on weekends...when no one was in the office. I was trusted by a Canadian small business owner. Clearly a step forward to what I wanna be. But clearly too, less time with my family in a no income activity. SACRIFICE.

Along the way, I knew my next break is still out there. That is when my case manager from my local workshop from week 3 in Canada came up calling. A Filipino owned start-up remittance firm was looking for an accounting consultant. I grabbed it and got hired but consultant capacity only as it was start-up biz. Before I knew it...my week was like: work morning McDo 4 hrs, work afternoon at the remittance office 4 hrs, study in the evening, worked free at weekends, do assignments after weekend work. I was glued to my dreams. Whew I was supermom. Boy I was glad our financial plans are still holding up. We continue to earned, saved, build our premiums for protections...savings in the future at the same time. No brainer. We were different in this act than most fellow new immigrants. We cared for one another's future. By then, hub shifted grinding in the evening. He closed shifts. He went home commuting past 12 am every wee hours. He was braved. By then he got home, we were both snoring. Sleep he went...he woke me up for my reviews deep into my Taxation courses at CGA. By the time I'm gone for work they were both snoring. Such a life for us. PERSEVERANCE

Soon, I called it quits at Ronalds. My volunteer work at the accounting firm evolved into part-time job. Luck? No I had to seek for it. I have to be a "Canadian", I spoke my mind to my white employer. I succeeded. I proved that I was worth their minimum wage for my accounting expertise. Whew, a source of income from what I used to do. But hours are hard to come by still. I worked part time only. We held tight to our financial plans. I did household budgeting to the single cents. We grinded thru the winter and spring of 2011. By next summer, our second...I soon called it quits with the remittance firm...coz by then I was ready for my real break.

Mid 2011. I've done three very important courses for CGA already. I was determined to get the certification as targeted. No matter how hard it was. In between sem breaks, I got myself a precious certificate in the financial industry as encouraged by our Financial Advisor. Us unaware,he was a big time sales manager at his agency earning 3x a triple digit salary. He was referred to us. This cert or license was just worth the value of a brand new big flat screen TV. Two big exams. Swished both once. No retakes. Can't miss project for a worth of TV. Smart investment too. A very related cert in the accounting industry. Suddenly, I was well-versed in the insurance and investment lingo with this. Became more marketable I was and heavy referenced too at my previous transition jobs. All because I left in great terms. A good soldier. I still got a job in an accounting firm albeit part time still. My fam stood by me. Full support. It was a team plan. We all grinded. No shortcuts. I was sending resumes non-stop. I hired headhunter to look for my next big game employer. Oh that hiring was free. No single centavo spent. I was the agent's product. I was building a solid profile for headhunters. My credit rating was very good for credit checks of potential big game employer. I had CGA courses tucked under my belt. It was matter of time for me.

Big game player, an MNC mining company, in downtown Vancouver came calling my agent in matter of weeks. She set me up for the interview. I nailed two sets. Sweet I got what I want. Power of negotiation and interview skills set harnessed by many interviews done in the past. From minimum hourly wage to a salary hovering above half a triple digit annual salary...it was all I worked hard for. Back to an accountant position. All because we grinded from the bottom, all because we had solid financial foundations already in place, all because we upgraded, all because we lived frugal, all because we did volunteering works, all because we believed we can be better in what we do.

By the latter of 2011, I would continue burning eyebrows late at nights to get another course subject for the CGA. I couldn't keep up also with part time job during weekends at the other accounting firm. It was fair to bid goodbye to my goodfriend employer/boss who gave me the break. This time too, daddy was deep into his 6 month program certification himself. He too had his fair share of dreams other than patiently wait for mine. Once a grinder still a grinder. Work at night, study in the morning, took care of our child in the morning, attend school at certain nights. Two exams one provincial level, all one takes. Smart guy. Just like me. Used tuition money wisely. He a banker in the Philippines eased in slowly back in the financial industry here in Canada. Onset of 2012, we were both in the financial industry our forte and trainings and education on planning for taxes, estate, insurance, educational savings, retirement savings, financial health and disability. Our knack for studying were off the roof. It was a skills set worthy of emulation. 4 exams all one take. Money well spent on tuition. Time and effort exerted not gone into waste.

As we were building our business portfolio and career at the financial industry, and raising certs after certs for continuous education...our first big investment came by early 2012. 18 months into Canada, we had our 2br/2fb brandnew condo unit mortgaged at BNS (free ads huh). House poor no more in Metro Vancouver no less. STOPPED RENT! Yes, we are officially rent free family. Yes our very own place for living. Yes we build our own cribs. From rent to equity...we used our early sound financial planning techniques to get into this. Our strong credit history/rating did us wonders. We continued to live frugal and I was goal driven for the CGA title. Lest we forget we are financial advisors ourselves and took business like approach when we got into Canada. Who can best exemplify our works than ourselves.

By the 19th-20th month, we were itching for our first own chideng. We were ready to uncommute. No we weren't tired. But it was just time. Leading to this, hub was secretly reviewing for his driving license. One take knowledge exam, one take road test. Whew! License to drive (me around) at last. Mighty proud of him. Spent money wisely. We leased a pre-sale 2013 brand-new SUV for our first ever car. Leasing was tax deduction strategy for us. It was the right buy. Thus lessons to keep, while others priorities are mobile, techno, leisure and fancy driven from the start, we were disciplined to be commutable, low tech, non-descript stay home bookies, value village driven family. Both nothing wrong but commuting saved us thousands of dollars for downpayment, RESPs, RRSP's, life plans, and upgrading.

Somewhat recognised already in Vancouver as an upcoming CGA and Financial Advisor, I was actively participating and giving free tax workshops during tax season of 2011/12 in Vancouver. Left and right, I've been invited to talk and be a resource speaker in Filipino gatherings. Most of my audiences were caregivers and nannies. Twice I held tax talks for business owners in the childcare industry. One event, guests were not only Filipinos. They all came from different colors. Tax doesn't pick color of skin anyway. It picks on your income. More telling, once I was even given a moment to speak and encourage new immigrants at the Philippine Independence Day celebration in Vancouver. Talk about guts and recognition eh.

By the 28th month, it was payback time. My parents came aboard via Supervisa good for 10 years. It was the least we could do for them. An unexpected dream come true for the oldies...away from the hard life back home. No more driving tricycle for pops. No more gauntlet of works for mom. Live life with us. Breath fresh air. Meet new people. Where they can enjoy beautiful British Columbia and have new challenges at the very late stage of their lives. For me, a truly proud moment...reunited with my parents under my care. My folks, they too play a role in our life here. They are source of pride for us. They give care to our Angel as we continue to tackle the daily brutal challenges of transition. They symbolizes are hard work in Canada.

Lost in the shuffle of my parents stay here is my continuous devotion for academic and professional excellence. Got my 4th and 5th subject course with flying marks. Was down to one course all of a sudden. At my new job, now working as a full time accountant of a multi-million mining company in Vancouver with offices around the world. It was the love and passion of my career. I hit it. Not big time. But the time I needed. Aligned after all the pains I have to go through. Those seven days a week of work for minimum wage/volunteer now a thing of the past.. To these days, I still work non-stop a week as I double my role in the society here in Canada as a financial advisor, tax expert, resource speaker, motivator, philanthropist and soon an entrepreneur dreaming big. Around here, I am relatively known for helping and sharing my gained expertise in the financial world to new immigrants and not so old alike. To an extent it has become my calling. This of course is done in tandem with my spouse and to an extent with my parents.

As financial advisors with accountant mindset in me, we were fast growing as entreps in our field here in Vancouver. By our first year in 2012 serving financial needs of Filipinos here in BC, we were already awardees in what we do. By mid 2013, expanded in reach, we were awarded as one of the top 3 brokers in our agency. By this September, we will be receiving the one of two award (our third) for top producer in one category at our agency. Besting hundred sixty plus other colleagues and managers alike. Not bad for a new immigrant eh. How? We have exhibited dedication and passion in helping others. To date, we have countless of families we've directly help with jobs and just solutions to everyday problem. Our kababayans constantly seek us for advices with work, banking, taxes, mortgages, finances, insurances, savings, professions and just basically life in general. Plus we continue to upgrade ourselves and voluntarily acted as mentors for new immigrants and accounting professionals from the Philippines. We were happy with all of this. Seems all our hardwork and sacrifices are paying dividends.

Few more months passed by and another season changed, I held myself accountable to lots of stuffs and responsibilities at home, at work, at UBC, at my profession. So relieved that effective August 31, 2013, I can say I am already a Certified General Accountant in Canada. Now I can officially make name cards with a CGA title next to my surname. Two years and half, I was finally done grinding with upgrading and work. 8 exams. 0 fail. 0 student loan. 2 certificates. Triple digit income will be a big target. Citizenship, new target role as Controller, next property in Alberta where it housing is booming, my own accounting firm...are all on the horizon.

We did it. We listen to us and successful persons. We were focused and motivated. Carpe Diem our mantra. Sound financial planning from the get-go. In God we trusted. All this I had no remorse. This was just the main recourse for a once struggling desperate and depressed no work mom before. And so finally, I welcome myself to Canada. So finally a dream came true. Finally, our first chapter to share. Feel free to add or pm me in your friends list if you have questions about your taxes, other CRA issues or concerns on your financial literacy here in Canada.

Fellow Filipinos here in this group, I really wish you all the best of ways here in Canada...seek your passion and upgrade. Sacrifice and persevere. Work with your financial plans right away. Very important. You can do better than what and where you are at the moment. Stand proud as a Filipino and be counted as new immigrants in your society wherever you are in Canada. So for us, we go experience what is camping all about, we can now go cross border and seek what other stuffs Canada has to offer. — in Vancouver, British Columbia.
This is a very inspiring story... thank you... now I will treasure all the things that I have and no more expensive bags and jewelries huhuhu...kiding aside i need to prepare for all the said senario i need to have a big, big heart, huge perseverance, extensive patience and accurate financial plan...kayod pinoy kaya natin to!!! :)

Ritz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2011
Nomination.....
September 12, 2012