Passport Req..
07-11-2012 (CEM received PP's 12-11-12)
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
atand said:
Hi all!

Meron ba dito sa forum na ito na nag renew ng passport before landing in Canada ? Yung valid immigrant visa NASA old passport. I am planning to attach it together. May maging problema kaya sa immigration?

Atand
Hi atand. I don't think magka problema ka dyan as long as hindi pa expired Canadian visa, of course. I can see from your time line that you should land before Jan 21, 2013. I've done so for the US visa - naka attach lang old passport ko with visa sa new passport, I don't see any reason why Canada will be different. May ruling ang ibang bansa na passports should be valid for more than 6 months in order to travel. I just don't know if you have to inform your VO in Abu Dhabi about the passport change. Are you in the middle east still? Have you considered asking for passport extension sa embahada natin? I was able to ask for passport extension sa embahada natin nung nasa Singapore pa ako, and it's lesser hassle than having it renewed and they gave me 2 years extension.

atand

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28 April 2011
AOR Received.
04 Nov 2011
Med's Request
13 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
21 Jan 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2013
lakambini said:
Hi atand. I don't think magka problema ka dyan as long as hindi pa expired Canadian visa, of course. I can see from your time line that you should land before Jan 21, 2013. I've done so for the US visa - naka attach lang old passport ko with visa sa new passport, I don't see any reason why Canada will be different. May ruling ang ibang bansa na passports should be valid for more than 6 months in order to travel. I just don't know if you have to inform your VO in Abu Dhabi about the passport change. Are you in the middle east still? Have you considered asking for passport extension sa embahada natin? I was able to ask for passport extension sa embahada natin nung nasa Singapore pa ako, and it's lesser hassle than having it renewed and they gave me 2 years extension.
Hi! Thanks for the reply. NASA pinas ako now. Ayaw I-extend sa DFA. Pwede naman daw ako mag renew ng passport and get it in 2 weeks. In-expedite nila. I checked with airlines here. Yes, they accept new passports with the visa in the old passport. Okay na raw yun as per Canada embassy. I want to believe them kasi they have a direct contact with the embassy otherwise they will encounter some deportation issues. So far, wala naman kasi nga may order na from Canada embassy. Salamat. I just want to ask somebody in this forum who has the same situation as mine.

lakambini

Sep 6, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
IELTS Request
22-01-2010
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012 and 31-07-2012
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
atand said:
Hi! Thanks for the reply. NASA pinas ako now. Ayaw I-extend sa DFA. Pwede naman daw ako mag renew ng passport and get it in 2 weeks. In-expedite nila. I checked with airlines here. Yes, they accept new passports with the visa in the old passport. Okay na raw yun as per Canada embassy. I want to believe them kasi they have a direct contact with the embassy otherwise they will encounter some deportation issues. So far, wala naman kasi nga may order na from Canada embassy. Salamat. I just want to ask somebody in this forum who has the same situation as mine.
That's very good to know :) I knew keri lang yan at stapler na lang ang katapat ng old passports... katulad ng na-experience ko sa Estados Unidos. Well happy landing to both of us soon :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apologize for the late reply - busy with work :) end of the year closing .... haaaayyyyy

Anyway - this is not a date they can arbitrarily change. This date is only a metric/measure they use to provide a gauge for processing time at CEM. A lot may affect this - new policy memorandums, added requirements or steps in processing (i.e. new Medical Process/IME process) and also embassy consolidation. So far the average still is within the 11-12 months from 2 years back and still holds. See the note in the latest update at : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp
"Processing times are shown only where an office has finalized 10 or more cases in the past 12 months."

Good luck on landing! We will be flagpoling in the Niagara border come the first week of January.

And an advance Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all those in the thread. To those waiting, keep on believing...and to those on the next step - success to your future plans!

lakambini said:
Hi Ragluf. Can I just ask you a question about the sentence I highlighted? (In bold and italics) Would they be changing the processing time for Manila VO after Sept 30, 2012?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@atand,

No worries there as what lakambini has said. Lots before (same with me) had 5 or 10 year US visas and were still valid even if the passport, to which the valid visa is attached, has expired. That is why you will see travellers with a bunch of passports now.

I had a re-entry visa on my old passport, went for a vacation in the PH and renewed my passport. Upon re-entering, I presented my old passport to show the valid visa, and then explained I recently renewed my passport. Same should apply for your immigrant visa. It is the validity of the visa that counts, but alway remember, you should still have a valid passport in your possession when travelling, even if your valid visa is attached to an expired passport. Then you will need to present your valid visa (wherever it is attached to ;) ) and valid passport at immigration.

And by the way - the new biometric passports is advised not be stapled with old passports as the front and back covers now contain the RFID strip or ID strip containing the biometric info. You risk damaging that when you staple passports together. An alternative - use a rubber band :)

/cheers....

lakambini said:
That's very good to know :) I knew keri lang yan at stapler na lang ang katapat ng old passports... katulad ng na-experience ko sa Estados Unidos. Well happy landing to both of us soon :)

atand

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28 April 2011
AOR Received.
04 Nov 2011
Med's Request
13 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
21 Jan 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2013
ragluf said:
@ atand,

No worries there as what lakambini has said. Lots before (same with me) had 5 or 10 year US visas and were still valid even if the passport, to which the valid visa is attached, has expired. That is why you will see travellers with a bunch of passports now.

I had a re-entry visa on my old passport, went for a vacation in the PH and renewed my passport. Upon re-entering, I presented my old passport to show the valid visa, and then explained I recently renewed my passport. Same should apply for your immigrant visa. It is the validity of the visa that counts, but alway remember, you should still have a valid passport in your possession when travelling, even if your valid visa is attached to an expired passport. Then you will need to present your valid visa (wherever it is attached to ;) ) and valid passport at immigration.

And by the way - the new biometric passports is advised not be stapled with old passports as the front and back covers now contain the RFID strip or ID strip containing the biometric info. You risk damaging that when you staple passports together. An alternative - use a rubber band :)

/cheers....
Thanks Ragluf! Muntik ko na Mai-staple! Hahaha!

Atand

lakambini

Sep 6, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
IELTS Request
22-01-2010
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
ragluf said:
Apologize for the late reply - busy with work :) end of the year closing .... haaaayyyyy

Anyway - this is not a date they can arbitrarily change. This date is only a metric/measure they use to provide a gauge for processing time at CEM. A lot may affect this - new policy memorandums, added requirements or steps in processing (i.e. new Medical Process/IME process) and also embassy consolidation. So far the average still is within the 11-12 months from 2 years back and still holds. See the note in the latest update at : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp
"Processing times are shown only where an office has finalized 10 or more cases in the past 12 months."

Good luck on landing! We will be flagpoling in the Niagara border come the first week of January.

And an advance Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all those in the thread. To those waiting, keep on believing...and to those on the next step - success to your future plans!
Thanks, Ragluf. No worries about the late reply. The fact that you even replied is very much appreciated. So grateful for your help and effort. Wow! Happy landing to all of us then :) be following you a month later. Cheers!

lakambini

Sep 6, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
IELTS Request
22-01-2010
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
ragluf said:
@ atand,

/cheers....
Homaygulaaay! :eek: Thanks so much for informing us about this, Ragluf. Atand, buti hindi mo inisteypler (hanep ba sa Filipinism) Come to think of it, I never stapled anything on my current passport because all visa's in my old green passport have expired already. I got lucky on that one, otherwise I would have stapled them together as I have done for years. Gosh, the wonders of this technology nowadays, huh. Dati card board lang ang pasaporte, ngayon high-tech card board paper na. I used to work in Singapore and not line up in immigration upon entering and just use our maroon passports by scanning it, along with my thumb finger print. So yeah, makes sense not to staple it. Cheers, Ragluf :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries. I do check the thread regularly and answer when able.

/Good luck and Happy Holidays all!!!

lakambini said:
Thanks, Ragluf. No worries about the late reply. The fact that you even replied is very much appreciated. So grateful for your help and effort. Wow! Happy landing to all of us then :) be following you a month later. Cheers!

pareyles

Aug 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2012 : CIO-NS Recv by D. MacNeil
Nomination.....
19-09-2012 : Ontario PNP - FSW Backlog Program
AOR Received.
07-01-2013 (CC Charged - 05-Dec-2012)
Med's Request
29-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013 ; eCAS Medical Received 14-02-2013
Passport Req..
28-02-2013 ; PP sent : 06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
Hi!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
Tanong ko lang for those peeps already done with their medicals/with PPR/With Visa, meron ba sa iyo hiningan ng additional docs ng CEM? if yes, ano ba usually yung hinihingi nila?

Salamat po sa sasagot :D

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Holidays to you!

Congratulations! Hope the backlog processing goes without a hitch after the snafu with the pre-2008 applications.
Anyway - I see you have refiled the application (!?) - I would assume you submitted recent copies of NBI cert, marriage cert (if applicable), and for dependents - birth certs. As these are usually the docs that have validity dates (1 year or sometimes even less) - usually CEM requests for updated copies of these official documents if they have expired already.
In addition:
- Now, if you resided in another country for more that 6months - they will ask for police clearance certificates issued from that country
- If you have gaps in your travels/stays in other countries - you may be sent a form / appendix - to update your travels

I would assume you have not done medicals yet - but if you had medicals as part of your previous application - you maybe asked to redo them as medicals are valid again for at least a year.

/Good luck...

pareyles said:
Hi!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
Tanong ko lang for those peeps already done with their medicals/with PPR/With Visa, meron ba sa iyo hiningan ng additional docs ng CEM? if yes, ano ba usually yung hinihingi nila?

Salamat po sa sasagot :D

pareyles

Aug 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2012 : CIO-NS Recv by D. MacNeil
Nomination.....
19-09-2012 : Ontario PNP - FSW Backlog Program
AOR Received.
07-01-2013 (CC Charged - 05-Dec-2012)
Med's Request
29-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013 ; eCAS Medical Received 14-02-2013
Passport Req..
28-02-2013 ; PP sent : 06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
@Ragluf
yep! one of those pre-2008 applicants, it was on july 2005 that they've started processing my FSW app...it's been 7 years and so thankful that they've decided to introduce the Prov Nominee -FSW Pilot Program and got nominated by Ontario Province last Sept....already submitted my documents to CIO and CC was charged Dec 5, just waiting for the AOR from CIO and hopefully they will transfer my app to CEM ASAP ...kaya nagtatanong tanong na ako ng mga usually documents na hinihingi ng CEM...so thankful that you replied. :D

eingel

Nov 26, 2012
Hello po... I am a newbie here...meron lang po akong question...un po kasing application namin ipo-forward na daw po sa visa office..we received an email from CIO last Oct 15, 2012. Medyo worried lang po ako sa application namin kasi I really dont know kung ano pong dapat gawin coz I am three months pregnant right now and Im so confused what would happen next on our application..dunno how am I going to advise the visa office that i can't go for a medical test right now particularly the x-ray thing...and when I deliver how are we going to add our child in our application?...Your thoughts and ideas are very well appreciated in advance... Thank you so much and May God bless us all this year and always...

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
MACanada said:
Hello guys.

Should I write information in the box that indicates "FOR CIC USE ONLY" ?
NO :D