+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline and tips for applying for US tourist visa

Rutul24195

Jul 20, 2019
I am on a work permit in canada. I have USA visitor visa appointment booked for 28 oct. i have 15 days left and i dont have TEMPORARY Resident VISA stamp in my passport. I had my study permit stamp but that is already expired and i just got my work perrmit so i have to get a stamp of worker in passport. But i dont have time to send it for stamp as i have my us visa appointment. Do i need TRV stamp of worker when i go for interview-USA VISITOR visa DS160 ?

Shah_140

May 27, 2019
I am on a work permit in canada. I have USA visitor visa appointment booked for 28 oct. i have 15 days left and i dont have TEMPORARY Resident VISA stamp in my passport. I had my study permit stamp but that is already expired and i just got my work perrmit so i have to get a stamp of worker in passport. But i dont have time to send it for stamp as i have my us visa appointment. Do i need TRV stamp of worker when i go for interview-USA VISITOR visa DS160 ?
when did you apply for US visitor visa? How long they took to give you an appointment?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
No, you don't need it for the interview. However, when you actually travel to US and want to return to Canada, you may need the Visa.

Reactions: Rutul24195

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Anyone from the travel ban countries: North Korea, Syria, Iran, Yemen, Libya, Somalia and Venezuela successfully received a tourist US visa on the Canadian refugee travel document?

If so, was it multiple entry, and how long was the validity? 3 months, 5 years, or 10 years?

Ceejay1

May 8, 2018
Hi
I have a question for you . You applied for visa at halifax embassy how long does it took to get interview appointment for you ? . I cant find any now they are showing there is non available please see again . Does that happened to you too are they really busy ?
Hi, were you able to finally get an interview date? How long did you have to wait? Im in the same situation and need assistance.