+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

timeline and status update for 2-Way passport request from IRCC and process time from VFS , Applicants from India

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hey! Did your parents' got their passports back? Could you please tell me their application's status?
No they didn't receive the passport yet. Today its recieved at IRCC Hoping for something next week. I'm sure yours will be sent first and then ours. Keep us posted when you hear something.

Reactions: TERRIDOX

TERRIDOX

May 31, 2020
SHAHKOT, JALANDHAR, PUNJAB
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2020
AOR Received.
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
No they didn't receive the passport yet. Today its recieved at IRCC Hoping for something next week. I'm sure yours will be sent first and then ours. Keep us posted when you hear something.
Yeah sure! I'll keep you posted.
I just thought that you have already booked their tickets, so they might have got their passports back or atleast their online accounts updated.
Anyway, good luck! I'll let you know if I hear anything from them.

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Don't worry about this email. It's just a confirmation mail from VFS staff that they have opened your envelopes and assigned a number to the passport applications. The AWB number would be activated once your parents' passports would be processed (stamped) and sent back by courier to your address.
And the tracking number assigned by VFS, starting with 2020, is for your reference, which will be sent to IRCC in coming days. You can track it on VFS Global website under the track your application tab. You would need to provide this tracking number and date of birth to track the status.
But that status would be sent to you whenever your application moves like from VFS to IRCC office and then back at regular intervals.
You will be getting couple of emails in coming days regarding the same.

All the text of such emails would be confusing, so don't worry about these.
Follow this link for clarifications.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.am22tech.com/ca/vfs-message-meaning/?amp

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the detailed response, really helpful.

Did you tried tracking on VFS, I tried just now it is showing No Records found.

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,

I have one question, I am not sure if anyone else has faced the same or not..

When I submitted my application I was holding only one passport and then I applied for reissue of my passport, So now I have sent my both the passports along with the PRL to VFS stamping, I hope it is fine and I will get my stamping on new passport.

Anyone came across this.

Thanks

TERRIDOX

May 31, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2020
AOR Received.
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Thanks for the detailed response, really helpful.

Did you tried tracking on VFS, I tried just now it is showing No Records found.
It'll get updated in a day or two. I also believe that we are getting the updates or status updates (the text message and email) as per Canadian time, but not sure regarding that.
It was just that, I received the last email of my passport reached IRCC and is under process at 03:26 AM on 2020/12/07.
Regarding the update on tracking link by VFS, I believe it will get updated after 24 hrs,once u got SMS or email.

app_pan

Dec 10, 2020
Hi,
I had emailed the passport request letter (for permanent residence) and proforma to "PassportSubmission@vfshelpline" to confirm their 2-way courier service on December 09, 2020.

I got a reply requesting additional details :
1. UCI number:
2. Name:
3. Desired date for collection (minimum 24 hours is required):
4. Please confirm if you would like to opt for SMS service:
5. Please confirm if you have opted for Premium Lounge service:
6. a. If Yes then please share the scan copy of the receipt as an attachment in pdf format
7. Tracking ID:

Please tell me what is Tracking ID and from where I can get it.

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
It'll get updated in a day or two. I also believe that we are getting the updates or status updates (the text message and email) as per Canadian time, but not sure regarding that.
It was just that, I received the last email of my passport reached IRCC and is under process at 03:26 AM on 2020/12/07.
Regarding the update on tracking link by VFS, I believe it will get updated after 24 hrs,once u got SMS or email.
Today Morning again I got two new mail notification and below SMS

********************* First SMS***********
Visa application, tracking ID No. 2020XXXXXXXXXX The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at New Delhi OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center New Delhi OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

*************Second SMS*************
Visa application, tracking ID No. 2020XXXXXXXXXX has been received at the VAC on 2020-12-11 03:01:36 AM and is on transit to the IRCC Office for processing. - VFS Global

Last edited:

TERRIDOX

May 31, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2020
AOR Received.
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
Today Morning again I got two new mail notification and below SMS

********************* First SMS***********
Visa application, tracking ID No. 2020XXXXXXXXXX The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at New Delhi OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center New Delhi OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

*************Second SMS*************
Visa application, tracking ID No. 2020XXXXXXXXXX has been received at the VAC on 2020-12-11 03:01:36 AM and is on transit to the IRCC Office for processing. - VFS Global
That's good and it means that your application is on the move to IRCC for stamping.
Like I mentioned before, you can follow this link to see the meanings of the messages and emails from VFS global. Although this is a year old post, but still all the process remains the same except the passports will be couriered from VFS global once processed instead of collection in person.

Also, this will reach to IRCC office by today evening or tomorrow morning, then the wait will start again as you won't get any messages until your passport is stamped and ready for dispatch to VFS global office once again.

I have been waiting for last 4 days now, since my passport is under process at IRCC.

Good luck! Hoping to get the passport back soon.

Reactions: Ashish2589

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
That's good and it means that your application is on the move to IRCC for stamping.
Like I mentioned before, you can follow this link to see the meanings of the messages and emails from VFS global. Although this is a year old post, but still all the process remains the same except the passports will be couriered from VFS global once processed instead of collection in person.

Also, this will reach to IRCC office by today evening or tomorrow morning, then the wait will start again as you won't get any messages until your passport is stamped and ready for dispatch to VFS global office once again.

I have been waiting for last 4 days now, since my passport is under process at IRCC.

Yes, I can understand now the actual wait will start till IRCC do not stamp and send it back hopefully some good news will come in next week.

Thanks

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Mine status also changes "now Under process at IRCC".

Finger-crossed, lets us see when we hear from them now.

Thanks

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Can someone please help ?
Try to Send an email in Morning 8AM around, This is our experience that whenever we sent an email during 8 got a response from them in next 2-3 hours, that is all you can do at this point of time, Now the number of requests are increasing a lot so there is delay in response.

try this, hope you hear something soon.

Thanks

gsingh1444

Aug 18, 2019
Try to Send an email in Morning 8AM around, This is our experience that whenever we sent an email during 8 got a response from them in next 2-3 hours, that is all you can do at this point of time, Now the number of requests are increasing a lot so there is delay in response.

try this, hope you hear something soon.

Thanks
Thanks mate, will try it on Monday.