+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

timeline and status update for 2-Way passport request from IRCC and process time from VFS , Applicants from India

patel55

Jun 19, 2017
Hi,

1. Where did your mother give Biometrics?
2. Do you think visitor visa getting approved fast?
Biometrics was already done as before as this the second time for visitor visa.
I still don't know whether visa is approved or not.. still the application says its in progress. But for some reason I got 2 ways passport request. So i have raised a query via webform and now awaiting for them to reply.. fingers crossed.

My timeline.
Applied: Oct 26, 2020
Biometrics Confirmation: Nov 2, 2020
Got passport Req from VFS for 2 way Submission on NOV 7, 2020
Still waiting for Passport request Letter from CIC.

UPDATE: Got an answer from Delhi immigration :--- If you have not received a passport request letter, please be patient as volumes continue to be high. We ask that you do NOT mail your passport directly to the High Commission of Canada.

Again fingers as well as toes crossed.. Good luck all.

Last edited:

Pasha@27

Aug 13, 2019
Hi All, Need ur help.
It's reg the details that we are asked to provide to vfs inorder to send the payment link, do we need to provide only main applicants details or the accompanying person details as well. Please help..

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi, I submitted my passport and now I got notification 'Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre ". But still no change in my gckey account. What should be the next step and when will this get updated?

sk12188

Nov 20, 2020
I would suggest calling them, it’s much faster this way. They will send you the payment link while you’re on the phone and give you the AWB. The pickup is usually scheduled for the next business day.
Please give the phone number to call.

Bindanzic

Jun 27, 2019
Biometrics was already done as before as this the second time for visitor visa.
I still don't know whether visa is approved or not.. still the application says its in progress. But for some reason I got 2 ways passport request. So i have raised a query via webform and now awaiting for them to reply.. fingers crossed.

My timeline.
Applied: Oct 26, 2020
Biometrics Confirmation: Nov 2, 2020
Got passport Req from VFS for 2 way Submission on NOV 7, 2020
Still waiting for Passport request Letter from CIC.

UPDATE: Got an answer from Delhi immigration :--- If you have not received a passport request letter, please be patient as volumes continue to be high. We ask that you do NOT mail your passport directly to the High Commission of Canada.

Again fingers as well as toes crossed.. Good luck all.
Hi Patel..How did you get the TRV approved so soon..I have applied TRV in July and I have not seen any update till now? trying to understand if i have done anything wrong..

patel55

Jun 19, 2017
Hi Patel..How did you get the TRV approved so soon..I have applied TRV in July and I have not seen any update till now? trying to understand if i have done anything wrong..
May be because this is second time I am applying or else possibly just a luck.. still waiting for my PPR FROM CIC..

diljot5

Jan 23, 2020
Hi, I submitted my passport and now I got notification 'Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre ". But still no change in my gckey account. What should be the next step and when will this get updated?

@Achuni How did it go? Did you receive your passport back? When was the GC account updated?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys!

I am planning to apply for visit visa for my mom, this is the first time. I see the processing time is 248 days on website.

Is the processing time less practically? What is the on ground situation currently? All answers greatly appreciated. :)

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys!

I am planning to apply for visit visa for my mom, this is the first time. I see the processing time is 248 days on website.

Is the processing time less practically? What is the on ground situation currently? All answers greatly appreciated. :)
Please share your experience with visit visa processing times New Delhi Visa Office. Thanks a lot!

Mac2015

Jun 7, 2014
May be because this is second time I am applying or else possibly just a luck.. still waiting for my PPR FROM CIC..
Hi Patel,

Have you applied visitor visa for tourism purpose with new covid exemption form for immediate family member or just regular visitor application.?