+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

timeline and status update for 2-Way passport request from IRCC and process time from VFS , Applicants from India

manpreet2567

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Thank you!!!

Yes I received these emails a day after I mailed the passport. The tracking number is for you to check the tracking on VFS website. The AWB number is for the return of the passport which will take approximately 7-10 days. You will receive a lot of emails from VFS during these 7-10 days. The wait is almost over for you!

On another note, I just received the passport back. It’s now time to go back home! :)
how many days it took you to get passport stamped back from ircc? 2 days?

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
I have applied visitor visa for my mother ,here is the timeline

Online Application date: 26 Oct 2020
Biometric correspodence Letter: 31 Oct 2020

Received 2 way instrction letter today ,but have not received PPR yet.
Application status on cic website is still showing in progress ,what does that mean ? Is it approved ?

Why would they send two way instruction without sending passport request letter ?
Where did you apply from? How did she get through biometrics?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
I have applied visitor visa for my mother ,here is the timeline

Online Application date: 26 Oct 2020
Biometric correspodence Letter: 31 Oct 2020

Received 2 way instrction letter today ,but have not received PPR yet.
Application status on cic website is still showing in progress ,what does that mean ? Is it approved ?

Why would they send two way instruction without sending passport request letter ?
Hi, @patel55 Please respond!!!!!!!!

1. Where did your mother completed Biometrics?
2. What dates you have mentioned in IMM5257e (from&to dates)?
3. Purpose of Travel?
4. Do you think visitor visa getting approved fast for applicants from India with Valid Biometrics?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtimoteo

Pasha@27

Aug 13, 2019
Hi All,
I have sent email to vfs with the details they requested inorder to provide me payment link on Friday but until now I haven' t got any response from them. I tried calling there helpline but of no use, it's saying the number is not in operational. Did anyone faced similar issue? Plz help me.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi All,
I have sent email to vfs with the details they requested inorder to provide me payment link on Friday but until now I haven' t got any response from them. I tried calling there helpline but of no use, it's saying the number is not in operational. Did anyone faced similar issue? Plz help me.
I think they have stopped the phone line. As that was too cumbersome process and not feasible for masses. Now only email is the way ahead. Also for email response is within 2 working days excluding the day you send the mail. Hope this helps.
Thanks

Pasha@27

Aug 13, 2019
I think they have stopped the phone line. As that was too cumbersome process and not feasible for masses. Now only email is the way ahead. Also for email response is within 2 working days excluding the day you send the mail. Hope this helps.
Thanks
Thank you very much for the response.Its so frustrating. Usually within how many days we get the payment link after we send the details.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Thank you very much for the response.Its so frustrating. Usually within how many days we get the payment link after we send the details.
No problem.
I did it last week over the phone when lines were active. I have seen people getting the payment link in same day many very next day.
Hope you will also get it soon.
Thanks

Godhelpme

Jun 19, 2008
Reached Toronto today. The process was hassle-free. Air Canada was awesome!

Mom’s passport got stamped for 2 full years (supervisa). Now onto her PR application wait. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Congratulations!! So happy for you and you mom. I wish we all will post like this soon :) wherever you have time plz let me know what documents she need to show at the airport here at Pearson and how you make the quarantine plan ?Means did you print it? Did she download the arriv can app?

Godhelpme

Jun 19, 2008
Thank you! I am sure you will post this sooner than soon. :)

We weren’t asked to show any documents, maybe because I was accompanying my Mom (I’m a Canadian citizen). I had submitted all info on ArriveCAN app, and also filled out the paper form. We did not print anything but I did see people showing a lot of paperwork, so I would suggest having everything printed just in case.

Good luck with your application. :)

Congratulations!! So happy for you and you mom. I wish we all will post like this soon :) wherever you have time plz let me know what documents she need to show at the airport here at Pearson and how you make the quarantine plan ?Means did you print it? Did she download the arriv can app?

Reactions: Canadadream2009

manpreet2567

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Thank you! I am sure you will post this sooner than soon. :)

We weren’t asked to show any documents, maybe because I was accompanying my Mom (I’m a Canadian citizen). I had submitted all info on ArriveCAN app, and also filled out the paper form. We did not print anything but I did see people showing a lot of paperwork, so I would suggest having everything printed just in case.

Good luck with your application. :)
which paper form are you talking about ?