+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time taken to send back the passport from CPP Ottawa after finalizing applicatio

kghayesh

Jul 3, 2012
Hello,

I sent my online application to renew my temporary resident visa on July 23rd. I received a reply on September 10th that a decision has been made on my application and asking me to send them my passport. I sent it and it arrived there Sep 11th.
Meanwhile, It has been 10 days now without me hearing anything from them. I keep checking Canadapost with the tracking number of the Xpresspost envelope I sent but nothing changes. I emailed them 2 days ago, but of course no reply.

I really don't know how can they be dealing with people like that in such a careless irresponsible ridiculous manner. Why do I have to wait for 2 months for the very easy thing of renewing of my visa after having had my study and work permit renewed? Why do they have to make our life like that?

Does anyone have any similar experience or an idea on how much time this is gonna take? I really need my passport back because I have made some travel plans.

Thanks

shervinto

Jul 15, 2013
Hi there,
I am dealing with a similar problem right now. May I ask how long it took until you had your passport back from the time it was received by them? Do you also know if it is possible to deliver the passport in person and possibly get the visa stamped on it faster?

Thanks a lot!