+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time spent outside Canada

anin14

Jul 13, 2011
While filling out my citizenship application form I noticed that I had made a mistake on the number of days spent outside Canada question on my previous PR Card renewal application. I indicated that I had spent more days outside Canada than I actually had. The PR card application was successful.

If I were to use the incorrect number reported on my PR Card application in my citizenship application, I would fall short of the required 1095 days.

Is there going to be a problem? Are the details in different forms compared by CIC? Should I contact them before sending the application?

Thanks!

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
by how much is it going to be different? If not much, then just use that and keep things simple.

dnschan

Aug 13, 2011
It depends on whether they believe the days you filled on the form is real or fake.
They may check the stamp on your passport.

From my case, they checked the stamp on my passport, but some of the days I out the country has no stamp, such as go through the border to US. I explained it to them, and it seems no problem at all.

anin14

Jul 13, 2011
I called CIC and I was told that the two applications (PR and citizenship) are separate: one does not have any bearing on the other. I would like to thank those who responded to my query.