+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
my friend received confirmation of the PR portal but when he logged in there is an issue with his name however application number and UCI number is the same but the date of birth and name is someone else name he is asking for advice on what he needs to do now? in the portal, they asking to declare and upload photos but the issue is someone else name ... in 3 days he received emails and updates back to back and he is Feb 21 applicant

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
my friend received confirmation of the PR portal but when he logged in there is an issue with his name however application number and UCI number is the same but the date of birth and name is someone else name he is asking for advice on what he needs to do now? in the portal, they asking to declare and upload photos but the issue is someone else name ... in 3 days he received emails and updates back to back and he is Feb 21 applicant
you have to contact ircc immediately

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys,
I know this question might has been posted before but I couldn’t be able to catch any similar so far.
So i am a convention refugee which means i got accepted as a refugee in Canada.
I applied for my PR back in October.2021 and in like two months i have received a confirmation that my application has been received by the board.
Now what i really don’t understand is first they gave me a temporary number (which i have no clue for what it is)
Second: is when i go to PR processing time on their website it says 61 days, now what does that mean!
I have went through the website and have read the explanation but still not sure about it.
Does it mean that when they have sent me the delivery confirmation, they start processing my application?
If so, am i expect to receive my PR card or at least an approval that i have been accepted for it IN 61 days (of course if my application considered a complete one) ?
or it means that those 61 days are for making sure that my application is complete and then it will move for another type of processing method?

Note: whenever i try to check my application status using the temporary number they sent me by E-Mail, it just doesn’t work.
System constantly tells me to make sure that my information entered correctly, which i did!

Thank you guys
appreciate your time.
Try to check your status on ecas or Gckey. That will give you what stage your application is...

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have a temporary number which means I can't link it to Gckey!
You can check using your UCI and other combination. But you applied in October, I dont thing your application is in process yet. I havent seen any oct applicant post that application is in process, NO

Reactions: Abtols

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
aa so it has to be in process to be able to see it right?
if so, then I should receive another E-Mail that it is in process (whenever it is)
What I have is only delivery confirmation temporary number it's called Submission Confirmation Letter, if you know it.

note: I did what you just said and it doesn't work, error every time I try.
Works only when your application is in process. Oct 2021 applicant not yet. Check ecas in March

Reactions: redbird

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Hello guys,
I know this question might has been posted before but I couldn’t be able to catch any similar so far.
So i am a convention refugee which means i got accepted as a refugee in Canada.
I applied for my PR back in October.2021 and in like two months i have received a confirmation that my application has been received by the board.
Now what i really don’t understand is first they gave me a temporary number (which i have no clue for what it is)
Second: is when i go to PR processing time on their website it says 61 days, now what does that mean!
I have went through the website and have read the explanation but still not sure about it.
Does it mean that when they have sent me the delivery confirmation, they start processing my application?
If so, am i expect to receive my PR card or at least an approval that i have been accepted for it IN 61 days (of course if my application considered a complete one) ?
or it means that those 61 days are for making sure that my application is complete and then it will move for another type of processing method?

Note: whenever i try to check my application status using the temporary number they sent me by E-Mail, it just doesn’t work.
System constantly tells me to make sure that my information entered correctly, which i did!

Thank you guys
appreciate your time.
PR card processing time is 61 days but PR application processing for refugee is 23 months

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
damn that's a lot , Okay thank you sir for the information I much appreciate it.
yes it is a lot considering we already waited long for refugee process and for PR long wait as well, but 23 months is the maximum time. Most applications are done way before then

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
aa so it has to be in process to be able to see it right?
if so, then I should receive another E-Mail that it is in process (whenever it is)
What I have is only delivery confirmation temporary number it's called Submission Confirmation Letter, if you know it.

note: I did what you just said and it doesn't work, error every time I try.
Another thing to be aware of is that you will not receive an email saying that your application is now under processing. When your application is begining to be processed, there is NO email sent to you saying that it is under processing. Just keep trying to use ecas inorder to find out if processing has started. Give it atleast 6 months from the time you submitted your application inorder to start expecting the; "we started processing your applicaion on..." to show up on ecas.

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
hmm negative.
Because it’s not me who said that.
It’s them, they have mentioned that in the E-Mail saying we will send you another PERMANENT NUMBER SO THAT YOU CAN LINK YOUR APPLICATION TO GCKEY (WHICH MEAN FOLLOWING IT UP.

but i do agree with you that i have to keep trying using ECAS.
Yes they always mention that they will notify you with another permanent application number. They tell that to every body. They never really send a separate email when that happens. Just keep checkin yourself. In reality your permanent application number is the same as your temporary application number but without the X at the begining.

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
This is my timeline.
  1. Passed eligibility letter - 15 September 2021
  2. Pre Invitation Letter - 17 September 2021
  3. IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email - 22 September 2021
today I received email about portal which said I should reply to that email with some info. And after that I will get an account for the portal. How long do you think it will take for them to send the account info? And what is after that? does that take long to receive pr card after that?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
today I received email about portal which said I should reply to that email with some info. And after that I will get an account for the portal. How long do you think it will take for them to send the account info? And what is after that? does that take long to receive pr card after that?
it will be quick can you share your timeline
PR card shouldn’t take long as well
Congratulations by the way

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I send form to immigration as they requested by webform how i can know if they received it?
You will receive a DO NOT REPLY response acknowledging your webform submission. The question is how to know if they are acting on it. It’s either you get an email reply from them or you notice they’re already acting on it.

You can raise another webform anyway and enquire about your submission.

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
When I login to portal, I am able to download my ECOPR. However, It still says "In review". So that means they may still ask medical report or reject my submitted photo? I was waiting my PR Card but I have seen people getting requests after ECopr...

Mirna1993

May 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a question, if my husband is a protected person and I am not. We applied together for the PR based on his status . I received my card, will there be any restrictions for me to travel back home and come back?