+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hi folks I got this letter from IRCC office months ago. But I have never been in these country that they mentioned (Mauritania,Senegal,USA)in the letter.Since then I am trying to contact with them but nobody answered my email and my phone call as well. I am kinda stuck and dont know what to do.It happened to anybody some problem? What to do next any suggestion?

This is the letter that I got :

Police Certificate: Applicants in Canada and their accompanying family members, who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in Mauritania for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. Please send the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If you are for any reason unable to provide a Police Certificate from the applicable country, a written explanation as to why you are unable to do so is required, as well as any proof of correspondence with the authorities of that country in your attempt to obtain a Police Certificate from them. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction.This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20>

Police Certificate: Applicants in Canada and their accompanying family members, who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in Senegal for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. Please send the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If you are for any reason unable to provide a Police Certificate from the applicable country, a written explanation as to why you are unable to do so is required, as well as any proof of correspondence with the authorities of that country in your attempt to obtain a Police Certificate from them. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction.This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20>

FBI Clearance: You have indicated that you have resided in the United States of America for more than 6 cumulative months since the age of 18. As a city or state level police certificate cannot be accepted. You may submit your FBI Clearance Certificate or the Electronic Identity History Summary. Instructions on how to obtain this document can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20
Got one this morning asking to refill Schedule A because travel history wasn't supposedly complete. The reason given: We had a child in the USA so we must have resided there. The reality: We stayed for slightly over 3months. This was mentioned in the original travel history. Aren't they supposed to share information? If they do, couldn't this have been verified? Now we have to refill the form then explain by webform.
I feel your pain.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi folks I got this letter from IRCC office months ago. But I have never been in these country that they mentioned (Mauritania,Senegal,USA)in the letter.Since then I am trying to contact with them but nobody answered my email and my phone call as well. I am kinda stuck and dont know what to do.It happened to anybody some problem? What to do next any suggestion?

This is the letter that I got :

Police Certificate: Applicants in Canada and their accompanying family members, who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in Mauritania for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. Please send the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If you are for any reason unable to provide a Police Certificate from the applicable country, a written explanation as to why you are unable to do so is required, as well as any proof of correspondence with the authorities of that country in your attempt to obtain a Police Certificate from them. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction.This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20>

Police Certificate: Applicants in Canada and their accompanying family members, who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in Senegal for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. Please send the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If you are for any reason unable to provide a Police Certificate from the applicable country, a written explanation as to why you are unable to do so is required, as well as any proof of correspondence with the authorities of that country in your attempt to obtain a Police Certificate from them. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction.This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20>

FBI Clearance: You have indicated that you have resided in the United States of America for more than 6 cumulative months since the age of 18. As a city or state level police certificate cannot be accepted. You may submit your FBI Clearance Certificate or the Electronic Identity History Summary. Instructions on how to obtain this document can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/20
1, this was supposed to be done and sent to IRCC by 2021/01/20 based on the letter so you are 5 months late.
2, submit a webform with an explanation that you have never been to these countries, and they will guide you more, also remember this may not be for you it may be for a family member who have been to these countries since the letter says "Police Certificate: Applicants in Canada and their accompanying family members, who are 18 years of age and older and have resided in "...

All the best.

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Dear friends,
I finally got my copr. What now i need to do ? For example can i change my social security no. ? By the way my copr is valid for one year does it mean that my plastic card would receive after one year?
please tell me what you know about and what to do with
Thanks

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Dear friends,
I finally got my copr. What now i need to do ? For example can i change my social security no. ? By the way my copr is valid for one year does it mean that my plastic card would receive after one year?
Thanks
Congrats.

You will get the card in 120 days that is the current processing time, but it may be way faster.. on the COPR it should tell you what to do next and where to send pictures and if its a new process it will have instructions... of how to get that card...

Also yes you can apply for your new SIN by going to any service Canada with the COPR and the old SIN and an ID you get it right there and then.. SIN starting with a 5 congratulations again..

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/before-applying.html

link for SIN.. Good LUCK next up Citizenship

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
Congrats.

You will get the card in 120 days that is the current processing time, but it may be way faster.. on the COPR it should tell you what to do next and where to send pictures and if its a new process it will have instructions... of how to get that card...

Also yes you can apply for your new SIN by going to any service Canada with the COPR and the old SIN and an ID you get it right there and then.. SIN starting with a 5 congratulations again..

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/before-applying.html

link for SIN.. Good LUCK next up Citizenship
Thanks for reply
I just have another question do I apply for getting my passport back? When I can apply?and how?

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hello everyone,
Allhamdulliah, today i got my eCoPR. It was long journey.

Timeline:
Applied PR: June 2019
RCMP requested: April 2020
Foreign Police certificate: January 2021
AP: 24 March 2021
Portal email: 22 may 2021
Credential email: 24 May 2021
eCoPR: 26 May 2021
(Etobicoke office)

Madam322

Feb 26, 2020
One question, if a person made a refugee claim and yet only is on a acknowledgment not get refugee id , now he wants to withdraw refugee claim and apply for express entry?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks for reply
I just have another question do I apply for getting my passport back? When I can apply?and how?
Yes you can apply here is the link for the document you need to fill also just check to make sure its the most up to date one.. --> https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf699-eng.pdf

Also just do not use it to travel and if expired do not renew it. as that can be “re-availment” ----->>> read more here https://ccrweb.ca/en/cessation-basic-information i would hate for you to loose your PR status.....

you can also find more about it on the official IRB website .. https://irb.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx

Good Luck..

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
One question, if a person made a refugee claim and yet only is on a acknowledgment not get refugee id , now he wants to withdraw refugee claim and apply for express entry?
Then go for it.. you might have to leave canada but since i have no experience in the area .... Just make sure you meet all the requirement for EE and do your research.. there is no rule that says you cannot withdraw your application at anytime.. here is a thread in this forum that might help with https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-withdraw-my-refugee-claim-and-apply-under-different-category.510089/

Good Luck

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Dear friends,
Thanks
Congrats
When did you apply for PR? What is your timeline?

Reactions: Abtols

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
Allhamdulliah, today i got my eCoPR. It was long journey.

Timeline:
Applied PR: June 2019
RCMP requested: April 2020
Foreign Police certificate: January 2021
AP: 24 March 2021
Portal email: 22 may 2021
Credential email: 24 May 2021
eCoPR: 26 May 2021
(Etobicoke office)
Congratulations.

June 2019. Finally. Hope those waiting since May 2019 get theirs as well. Wishing you all the best.

Reactions: Paladinrules