+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Ilaha

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Today I called to IRCC and representative said my eligibility is passed, no need for biometrics but I don't see update on my account , just yesterday got medical passed. Then she said only left background. Then what do you think what next and for how long need wait for finished background? My time bar shows 72 percent and estimated time 7 months.

Reactions: Shafiqahmad

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Today I called to IRCC and representative said my eligibility is passed, no need for biometrics but I don't see update on my account , just yesterday got medical passed. Then she said only left background. Then what do you think what next and for how long need wait for finished background? My time bar shows 72 percent and estimated time 7 months.
We r in the same boat .

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
I’m a girl lol :) just got a call from MP.... I didn’t expect for many info ofc :/ he told me same info everything everything is passed , no additional documents required, decision is made but I have to wait when they will send me a letter and update my gckey and because of the covid there is a delay in that!!! And advised to call him back if I won’t get an update in the next three months !!!How come that’s possible ?!!?!???! If they finalized my application why they don’t update my file !???!?? I’m so angry.....
Lol girl - That's good news at least decision is made I hope you will get update soon - for me I think they forgot that I am waiting it is so frustrating

Reactions: Nelan

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
No I did not receive any e-mail
-----

Submitted application - February, 2020
Got AOR - January,2021
Requested for more docs - February, 2021
Pre-arrival, settlement services - March, 2021
The medical exam passed. -April 21, 2021
Eligibility Passed April 21, 2021
Decision Made - April, 28 2021
After March applicants the processing will become faster because during this time the Covid out breaks was happened and all the immigration activities were stopped .

Reactions: Glidag

Capricorn99

Dec 22, 2020
Hello everyone! I am a March 2019 applicant. My principal applicant got his copr in January 2021 and got his card in February. Our approval letter came together in December but it stated that CIC will give me an appointment for an inteview to proceed the further process on my PR. And it’s been 4.5 months since then and I have received anything. I called Cic many times and even asked my local MP to make a call on my behalf to get some information regarding my application but they always tell the same thing that everything on my file is complete they don’t want anything further from my side just the final decision is missing.
Kindly share of someone had a similar experience and how long is the wait time in such situations also if there’s anything I can do on my part.
thanks!

Luckyppl

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
No I did not receive any e-mail
-----

Submitted application - February, 2020
Got AOR - January,2021
Requested for more docs - February, 2021
Pre-arrival, settlement services - March, 2021
The medical exam passed. -April 21, 2021
Eligibility Passed April 21, 2021
Decision Made - April, 28 2021
Do you have any dependents outside ?
did u apply in concurrent processing Pilot program?

Ilaha

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I got message from IIRC that Eligibility is passed. Only left Background -security part. They need documents from my husband and fill some forms for PR which he need to send Vienna. . What is next? Any idea how long will be process?

Last edited:

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hello,
I applied my PR on November 2019.
When i input my info on ECAS I see the application is updated to DECISION MADE - I also received pre-arrival e-mail same day the ECAS was updated (and received e-mail about DM too)
However, I have linked my PR application with my GCkey login - in there it shows its only 75% Complete and that it will take another 6 months to finish the process. It also states they are conducting my background check and that my application is in progress.

Wondering why there is such a big disconnect? Also, when can we expect to receive eCOPR once decision is made? I received DM and Pre-arrival e-mail on 18th April but since then no eCOPR.

lost2011

Dec 30, 2020
Hello everyone! I am a March 2019 applicant. My principal applicant got his copr in January 2021 and got his card in February. Our approval letter came together in December but it stated that CIC will give me an appointment for an inteview to proceed the further process on my PR. And it’s been 4.5 months since then and I have received anything. I called Cic many times and even asked my local MP to make a call on my behalf to get some information regarding my application but they always tell the same thing that everything on my file is complete they don’t want anything further from my side just the final decision is missing.
Kindly share of someone had a similar experience and how long is the wait time in such situations also if there’s anything I can do on my part.
thanks!
Same here got DM November still waiting om copr 5 months now:(

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hello,
I applied my PR on November 2019.
When i input my info on ECAS I see the application is updated to DECISION MADE - I also received pre-arrival e-mail same day the ECAS was updated (and received e-mail about DM too)
However, I have linked my PR application with my GCkey login - in there it shows its only 75% Complete and that it will take another 6 months to finish the process. It also states they are conducting my background check and that my application is in progress.

Wondering why there is such a big disconnect? Also, when can we expect to receive eCOPR once decision is made? I received DM and Pre-arrival e-mail on 18th April but since then no eCOPR.
Thanks for the timeline. I wonder if they are keeping to the time bar/account timeframe? That wouldn't be cool. Do you have dependents outside Canada and how has their application been treated so far if you do?

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Thanks for the timeline. I wonder if they are keeping to the time bar/account timeframe? That wouldn't be cool. Do you have dependents outside Canada and how has their application been treated so far if you do?
I am single and have no dependents outside or inside Canada. it is an individual application and I have not travelled since arriving back in 2016.

Reactions: Abtols

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
I am single and have no dependents outside or inside Canada. it is an individual application and I have not travelled since arriving back in 2016.
You should and I hope you get your coPR soon. I don't think there is any reason to worry. Do update us please when it arrives.