+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
I’m same timeline as you.
1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2019.
We started processing your application on January 29, 2020.
2. We sent you correspondence on September 28, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
3. Medical results have been received.
4. We sent you correspondence on March 16, 2021 about the decision on your application.

5. You entered Canada at the Calgary IRCC office on March 26, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.

I got Portal invitation on 18 March and uploaded my info and picture right away and still waiting on my PR card.

Good luck!
Thank you very for your response
That sounds great

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021
I’m same timeline as you.
1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2019.
We started processing your application on January 29, 2020.
2. We sent you correspondence on September 28, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
3. Medical results have been received.
4. We sent you correspondence on March 16, 2021 about the decision on your application.

5. You entered Canada at the Calgary IRCC office on March 26, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.

I got Portal invitation on 18 March and uploaded my info and picture right away and still waiting on my PR card.

Good luck!
Hello my freind
How did you notice about portal invitation? May decision made was on 19 March but still no news and no update
I will be highly appreciated if you answer me

Sharif4386

Oct 24, 2020
Thanks @sherif4386 I have checked my GCkey account there is no any changes and also I have check my email inbox and spam didn’t get any thing, beofre 10 days I have got a second AIP(asked to send my dependants papers to visa office) and also medical passed at the same day, then after that my ecas status changed to DM but didnt get any email or notification, I have called the agent today he said your application is still open and wait, I’m really confused
My status is also changed in ecas to DM. In Gckey, though the status of my PR application is still "submitted", but when I click on my PR application, down below I can see that my approval letter is uploaded. I believe it is the same for all.

Andftoe

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
How did you get informed about your decision made please? Did you get any email or notification? Because I see my status changed to decision made on ecas but didnt get any email or notifications.

Hello @Andftoe
How did you get informed about your decision made please? Did you get any email or notification? Because I see my status changed to decision made on ecas but didnt get any email or notifications.
@Karo12345

I got a pdf attached in gckey.

ECAS and gckey don't show any update both of them show reviewing eligibility.....

TJav

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hi, Good afternoon, how long it will take to turn application into Decision Made after Eligibility Passed and Pre-Arrival Services completed?

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
Hi, Good afternoon, how long it will take to turn application into Decision Made after Eligibility Passed and Pre-Arrival Services completed?
After eligibility, your security starts and usually 1 month but depends where you come from. If conflict zone it could take from 2 months to a year. Once your background is clear then your decision comes. Good luck!

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
After eligibility, your security starts and usually 1 month but depends where you come from. If conflict zone it could take from 2 months to a year. Once your background is clear then your decision comes. Good luck!
Hi,
Can you reply complete process
1-Application submitted
2- AOR
?

thank you